Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 FA  (Read 2558 times)
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« on: June 30, 2013, 12:22:39 pm »

Who would you like to see added? Personally I would like josh smith his defense is nice.  I still want to stay flexible I case a team wants to dump a good player ( Rondo, reke ) and for extensions
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 11:43:07 pm »

We are meeting with josh smith right now
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 11:45:45 pm »

If they signed Smoove, would they play him at the four and bench one of their young bigs or play him as a SF?

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

Respect: +238

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 01:01:00 am »

If they signed Smoove, would they play him at the four and bench one of their young bigs or play him as a SF?
4, with Drummond off the bench I'd assume. Greg Monroe definently would be the top trade deadline player.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 08:26:10 am »

I'd like them to trade for either Wilson Chandler or Jeff Green. Then, target an notable upgrade for the PG position, unless they believe Knight is going to have a break out year for them.

Jeff Teague would be a nice fit. He would be an overall upgrade to Knight, but not exactly "elite".
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 08:28:47 am »

They're saying he could start at the 3, and play the 4 when Monroe or Drummond was resting.

From what I've read, Joe didn't even offer him a contract, just "productive talks". I don't think Smith is coming to Detroit. Once Howard is off the market, Smith will be the target of all the teams that missed out on Howard (including Atlanta). He'll probably get the max contract he desires from another team, as Joe was not willing to extend him that large of an offer (according to Goodwill of FreePress)
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 05:10:23 pm »

I'd like them to trade for either Wilson Chandler or Jeff Green. Then, target an notable upgrade for the PG position, unless they believe Knight is going to have a break out year for them.

Jeff Teague would be a nice fit. He would be an overall upgrade to Knight, but not exactly "elite".
Teague over Jack???  Huh

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 10:52:46 pm »
+1

Please fire joe if we get rudy
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 01:51:59 pm »

Please fire Joe.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 01:42:25 pm »

Teague over Jack???  Huh

Yes, I'd take the player in his mid-20's.
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 05:01:13 pm »

Yes, I'd take the player in his mid-20's.
Jack would be the 2nd coming of billups

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 11:18:12 pm »

Jack would be the 2nd coming of billups

Jack will be 30 next season. He would be a short term solution to a long term problem.

While Jeff Teague isn't a flashy name, he did average 15 and 7 last season, and has shown marked improvement every season he's been in the NBA. I would wager that Teague has a better chance of being the "next Billups", than Jack, who basically is who he is at this point of career.

buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 01:33:11 am »

Jack will be 30 next season. He would be a short term solution to a long term problem.

While Jeff Teague isn't a flashy name, he did average 15 and 7 last season, and has shown marked improvement every season he's been in the NBA. I would wager that Teague has a better chance of being the "next Billups", than Jack, who basically is who he is at this point of career.

I was exaggerating a bit, but we need someone to come in and show Knight how to play the position, not take his spot. Jack absolutely is a short term solution, but as of now I think he's better at most aspects of the game than Teague, and would be a better fit on a young team assuming he'll take on a leadership role.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 11:21:00 pm »

Congrats on getting J Smoove, I have always enjoyed watching him play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: