Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bogut and klay or barnes for howard.....  (Read 3151 times)
humboldt
Star

The official drink of hoopshype

Respect: +29

« on: July 02, 2013, 02:28:20 am »

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22598815/warriors-offering-bogut-and-thompson-to-lakers-for-dwight-howard

apparently management is willing to offer the lakers choice if howard agrees to a sign and trade. would hate to lose barnes really think the kid is gonna be special but klay and curry raining threes from out side with howard in side is a hell of a thought.

anyway thoughts ?

. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 03:43:58 am »

Give Thompson, he is never really going to be much more than he is now and Barnes has shown he has an all round game which will be better in the end.
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 12:24:17 pm »

This is an interesting question.  Do you value what Thompson has shown now or the upside of Barnes?  I thought about this before the draft when considering potential moves and team assets.  

Given the roster my head tells me to trade Barnes before Thompson because upside is not an indicator on what you will get from any player. My heart tells me to trade Thompson before Barnes because Barnes shows high Basketball IQ, patience beyond his years and a potential to be a special player.

I really wish the Warriors had drafted Crabbe and this would have made it a slam dunk to put Thompson on the block first.

humboldt
Star

The official drink of hoopshype

Respect: +29

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 03:49:39 pm »

after some though i would rather trade klay. i think it would be easier to replace a shooter then it will be to replace a 3 with solid defense and the amount of upside that barnes has.

. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 11:40:44 pm »

Just think about it this way...who would you rather start going forward, Bazemore or Draymond Green? (Rush will be back too, but I'd rather go young and have him as a six man.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 09:20:23 am »

They may have found suitors to take Bogut, Jefferson and Biedrens off their hands so they don't have to give up Barnes or Thompson.

Something big may be happening here.
joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

Respect: +133

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 10:40:48 am »

I was talking toa  friend yesterday thinking of this sign and trade with LAL GSW:

Howard

for

Harrison Barnes
Andrew Bogut
Brandon Rush (or maybe sign and trade Jack too)
Pick... maybe 2nd rounder? or 1st.....

I know Harrison Barnes appears to be a potentially all star Small FOrward on both ends, but you can't breakup that shooting combo of Klay and Curry with Howard on the team.  Though I do think Rush is underrated after a season best year before injury last season.  He's a shooter and defender and smart all around player.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 12:01:25 am »

That last deal would have been the best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: