Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NO - PHX - UTAH  (Read 1566 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: July 09, 2013, 07:04:10 pm »

Can't do it in the trade machine yet, but it would look like this

NO receives - M. Gortat (expiring at $7.3), M. Williams (expiring at $7.5), and a first round pick (from Utah via GS)
NO trades - E. Gordon (3 more years starting at $14.2)

PHX receives - E. Gordon
PHX trades - M. Gortat and G. Dragic (3 more years at $7.5)

Utah receives - G. Dragic
Utah trades - M. Williams and a one of the first round picks they got from GS

Pelicans
All indications are they want to be good starting this coming season. Their two big offseason moves were for two guards, and it is hard to imagine them playing Holiday/Gordon/Evans all at the same time. They all need the ball in their hands to be really effective. They also just traded away their starting center, and running out a frontline of Davis and Anderson will be punished by most teams. Not only in the post, but on the pick and roll as well. Davis still needs to be a PF the majority of the time and Anderson struggles to guard centers. Gortat would be a solid addition for his defensive presence alongside Davis (or Anderson). They really only have Aminu for the 3 spot, and Williams gives them another player to share those minutes. They are both expiring contracts so it wouldn't be a risk at all, and they would get a first rounder as well.

Suns
They just got Bledsoe and I can't imagine him and Dragic being a good fit together. Gordon desperately wanted to sign there last offseason and I think he would be a major addition to the team as a young piece to build around. Gordon's injury concerns would be less of a risk with him being in PHX. I think it would be a no-brainer for them.

Jazz
They did draft someone to play PG, but he probably won't be ready. Jazz have been looking for a PG for a while and Dragic showed last season he can be a very good starting point guard. He is not too expensive and would be a good veteran that would actually play and help lead the team with a bunch of young guys. Williams was an expiring contract and they have replacements on the way from the Warriors deal in Rush and Jefferson.
Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 02:44:47 am »

Can't do it in the trade machine yet, but it would look like this

NO receives - M. Gortat (expiring at $7.3), M. Williams (expiring at $7.5), and a first round pick (from Utah via GS)
NO trades - E. Gordon (3 more years starting at $14.2)

PHX receives - E. Gordon
PHX trades - M. Gortat and G. Dragic (3 more years at $7.5)

Utah receives - G. Dragic
Utah trades - M. Williams and a one of the first round picks they got from GS

Nice trade
Phoenix will try to see if they could get something more on the market for Gortat and Dragic,but that's pretty good.I don't think Nola wants to move Gordon,but Gortat,an expiring contract and a pick is an offer they could not pass on
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:46:57 am by Oscar Rafone » Logged

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

x-lucas-x
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 09:28:58 am »

Nice deal! i would love to see something like that.... maybe NO can sneak a #8 seed with that trade.

Repeat for Mod
phxnation
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:01:44 am »

I don't think Eric Gordon carries the same value as his injuries continue to plague his career even after he signed that max offer sheet.

Goran Dragic has a really reasonable contract right now seeing as Teague just signed a 4yr/32M deal with Bucks and I personally think Dragic is better than Teague and he makes 7.5M a year. With that being said i'd be open to sending Gortat and Brown's expiring to land Gordon.
Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 04:50:25 am »

Goran Dragic has a really reasonable contract right now seeing as Teague just signed a 4yr/32M deal with Bucks and I personally think Dragic is better than Teague and he makes 7.5M a year. With that being said i'd be open to sending Gortat and Brown's expiring to land Gordon.
lol Wut?
Brown is completely useless,so Gortat + Brown is not enough to get Gordon.
Without Dragic to Utah,and the Utah pick to No you can't do this trade. You could try to find some partner to get more value from Dragic to put in the trade instead of Utah,but no way Gortat+ Brown is enough for Gordon

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 09:42:48 am »

I don't think Eric Gordon carries the same value as his injuries continue to plague his career even after he signed that max offer sheet.

As a Suns fan, what do you think about Dragic and Bledsoe playing together? Do you think it could work?

Also, since you brought up the contract figure being good, would you rather the Suns trade Bledsoe and keep Dragic if it doesn't work out at the beginning of this year? I'm asking because Bledsoe will likely be overpaid after this upcoming season, I could see some GM give him $10+ million annually.
browndog
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 10:53:59 am »

e.gordon has very little trade value and to expect that return is laughable
gordon can no doubt be had for little more than expiring contracts or a risky type SF, as the injury risk is high and teams know their backcourt is so overcrowded they are forced to trade gordon or even trade rivers

j.holiday & t.evans will play big minutes & rivers on the bench + gordon = overkill

evens at SF is a big mistake hopefully they dont make for them

or they may even envision:

PG holiday (35) mins   evans 13 min PG
SG gordon (34) mins    evans 14 mins
SF evans 7 mins (total-34) mins
& TRADE A.RIVERS instead

and go and get a SF who plays good defense and shoots 3's as thats what they badly need to balance out their lineup
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 01:09:59 pm »

As a Suns fan, what do you think about Dragic and Bledsoe playing together? Do you think it could work?

Also, since you brought up the contract figure being good, would you rather the Suns trade Bledsoe and keep Dragic if it doesn't work out at the beginning of this year? I'm asking because Bledsoe will likely be overpaid after this upcoming season, I could see some GM give him $10+ million annually.

Wrong.
browndog
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 04:28:53 pm »

e.gordon has very little trade value and to expect that return is laughable
gordon can no doubt be had for little more than expiring contracts or a risky type SF, as the injury risk is high and teams know their backcourt is so overcrowded they are forced to trade gordon or even trade rivers

j.holiday & t.evans will play big minutes & rivers on the bench + gordon = overkill

evens at SF is a big mistake hopefully they dont make for them

or they may even envision:

PG holiday (35) mins   evans 13 min PG
SG gordon (34) mins    evans 14 mins
SF evans 7 mins (total-34) mins
& TRADE A.RIVERS instead

and go and get a SF who plays good defense and shoots 3's as thats what they badly need to balance out their lineup

pelicans sign a.morrow as well
seems more and more likely e.gordon pack your bags and heels

j.holiday & t.evans with a.rivers and a.morrow off the bench

pelicans need a good fit at SF or their talent aquisition will be a waste
SF good 3pt shooter, great defender and is effective without the ball as they already have 2 of those in evans + holiday
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: