Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Billups Officially Opts Out  (Read 9233 times)
Bradleiu
Star

I have no life

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 02:38:36 am »

wouldnt that make denver way over the cap?Can they absorb it?I think they would have to be a sign and trade for this to happen,Camby or Nene.Also would there be enough touches to go around and chemistry problems could occur.Denver would be like a team out of NBA live,or an allstar team. That being said.What if they could make it work?65 wins?
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 03:27:26 am »

Quote from: "themadkiwi"
Sign and trade to Portland for Z-Bo.  Cool

i like how this sounds. he's 30 though. he could be just a back-up when they start contending for division or conference

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Happiness1982
MVP

Respect: +1

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 08:44:35 am »

Billups on the Nugs would be a hilarious mistake:

1)not enough balls
2)still no bench
3)stupid payroll

forget it.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
paygan247
Journeyman

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 10:18:11 am »

No player that uses the basketball can succeed with Kobe. It's the primary impediment to Odom's succes. Odom plays great as a point forward, out of the high post, but that's k-land, so Odom is down on the blocks or being ignored at the 3 pt line.
Lakers I guess shoulda cut kobe when that rape case popped up, they wouldnt feel so violated now.
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 08:06:10 pm »

Quote from: "paygan247"
No player that uses the basketball can succeed with Kobe. It's the primary impediment to Odom's succes.

AMEN! Btw, this is on the front of Hoopshype.

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 10:42:06 pm »

Quote from: "kafogahoga"
Quote from: "paygan247"
No player that uses the basketball can succeed with Kobe. It's the primary impediment to Odom's succes.

AMEN! Btw, this is on the front of Hoopshype.

And this can be said about whoever play a person dislikes that scores..
The exact same thing can be said for Iverson, McGrady, Lebron, Wade, ect.

And paygan247, you obviously watch the Lakers play and you don't understand what a shoulder injury does to a player. Odom had an enormous amount of looks from the 3pt range, but ever since his shoulder injury, he couldn't shoot em anymore. And Odom down low on the block? Serious? You specifically stated yourself that Odom plays great as a point-forward, and he does not post up often down low on the blocks. He plays PF when his playing style fits the SF spot. Why do you think the Lakers struggle so much in getting easy buckets? Because their posting big man is Kwame. Odom does not 'post. He gets the ball in the wing and drives to the rack hoping to jam it or he palms the ball with one hand and tries to lay it in on the opposite side..the only so called 'posting' you state I see him doing is his left hand hook off the glass, which he rarely does, and he is shooting that from mid-range..get your facts straight.
tplay
All-Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 11:30:55 pm »

nice try gogo

I once met Steve and Josh in real life.
gogo2disco
MVP

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 12:06:55 am »

When a player is a 29% 3pt shooter...he better not be shooting from the 3point line..When a player is 6'10 as quick as a guard and as strong as a power forward he better shoot more than 0.5% higher than the starting shoot guard that doubles the amounts of points per game..

Odom is shooting at career high percentages..you don't call that development? His turnovers have gone down. His assists have gone up. His rebounds have gone up. With the body build that Odom has, he should be able to put up 20ppg if he shot at 50% like a player with his physical attributes should. 46% doesn't cut it.
gogo2disco
MVP

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 12:15:40 am »

So..let me get this straight...
Kobe is a 'wall' for Odom...
Yet, Walton, who has been playing with Kobe every year of his career, has improved his stats every year...in fact...this year he doubled his scoring average(+6.4), +2.0 in assists, and +1.4 in rebounds, yet this has nothing to do with Kobe right? Because Kobe is a bad bad man and he can not do these things!  :roll:
Is it Kobe's problem Odom shoots at bad percentages for his size? No. Proof: Luke Walton shoots at great percentages. Now is that Kobe's fault? HMM..
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 04:05:57 pm »

Yeah, because Luke Walton and Lamar Odom are the exact same type of players... :roll:   :lol:

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 04:17:39 pm »

Quote from: "JSouth#23"
think he'll stay in motown?

Yeah, he's coming back. All he wants to do is check out free agency. He doesn't hate the Pistons organziation or anything and Joe Dumars will figure out something to bring him back.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Pickup_baller
Undrafted

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 04:21:30 pm »

Um, Lamar Odom wasn't an All-Star before he came to Los Angeles. Even in his best year in Miami he wasn't the main guy. On the 2004 Olympic team in which he showed his best, they won the Bronze Medal.  Remember that he's always been the "unrealized potential" guy.  

The primary impediment to Lamar Odom's success is Lamar Odom.
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 04:42:31 pm »

Odom had more than made a name for himself in Miami. You could easily make an argument that he was the best player during his last year in Miami, second to Eddie Jones in scoring at 17.1 ppg (.2 behind), first in rebounding (2.8 above Brian Grant), and 3rd in assists (.4 behind Wade and Alston). If you compare his only full season with the Lakers (injured 18 games his first year in LA, only played 56 games this past season, 80 games in between those) to his only season with Miami, you can see that his Miami season was clearly better.

However, that's not even the point I'm making. I'm making the point that Odom demands to have the ball more than Luke Walton does.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
tong
MVP

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 04:43:27 pm »

yes, walton is much more of a team player who understands his role on a team. odom tries to do too much, and wants to be the focal point of an offense.

Cross
Journeyman

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 12:20:29 am »

Quote from: "YisKobeSoGood"
i just heard them say somethign about billups signing in denver on espn.

Just heard that the Nuggets are trying to get rid of cap space. No way they sign billups. Maybe a sign and trade but no way do they just sign him.

80% chance Billups comes back to Detroit.

Place to talk Pistons basketball and more!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: