Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Billups Officially Opts Out  (Read 9259 times)
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 12:23:01 am »

I agree that Kobe is holding Lamar back. Lamar isn't a very good post player. Give him the rock and let him control your offense.

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
SunsRock101
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 12:25:15 am »

Did you guys see Lamar BALLIN while Kobe was out to begin the season? He had MONSTER numbers, then when Kobe came back, it was underperforming Odom again. Kobe definetly holds back his teammates.

I don't listen to critics. So you can keep doubting me, but I don't hear you.
kafogahoga
MVP

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 12:26:42 am »

Quote from: "SunsRock101"
Did you guys see Lamar BALLIN while Kobe was out to begin the season? He had MONSTER numbers, then when Kobe came back, it was underperforming Odom again. Kobe definetly holds back his teammates.

+1

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 12:31:38 am »

Quote from: "atong518"
yes, walton is much more of a team player who understands his role on a team. odom tries to do too much, and wants to be the focal point of an offense.

That's when he's most effective. He's also better than Kobe at getting his teammates involved. Like mentioned by a few already, just look back to the beginning of the year when Kobe was out and Odom was completely running things. Yes, he does demand the ball to run the offense, but when he's able to do that he's able to make good things happen not only through himself, but through his teammates as well.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 01:07:49 am »

I wish Lamar could play PG for the Lakers...similar to a role Magic Johnson had.
PG: Odom
SG: Bryant
SF: Walton
PF: Kwame
C: Bynum

Half-Court offense baby...dominate the paint! But of course...Odom is way too turnover prone and makes too many mistakes for Phil Jackson to trust at the point..
kafogahoga
MVP

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 01:11:20 am »

Quote from: "gogo2disco"
I wish Lamar could play PG for the Lakers...similar to a role Magic Johnson had.

Half-Court offense baby...dominate the paint! But of course...Odom is way too turnover prone and makes too many mistakes for Phil Jackson to trust at the point..

And Bynum isn't polished enough to start at C.

gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 01:51:14 am »

Quote from: "kafogahoga"
Quote from: "gogo2disco"

And Bynum isn't polished enough to start at C.

Yeah..Bynum gets mood swings, and is real self-concious about his role...can't blame him..I don't think he can even legally drink yet
fawaz24
Starter

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 04:01:49 am »

kobe was out only 2 games  :roll:

SunsRock101
Star

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 04:03:45 am »

Quote from: "fawaz24"

kobe was out only 2 games  :roll:

06-07 LAL 77 77 40.8 .463 .344 .868 1.0 4.7 5.7 5.4 1.4 0.5 3.31 2.70 31.6
 :roll:

fawaz24
Starter

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 04:15:03 am »

those where later in the season when he was ejected and suspended and injuryed but in the beginning of the season lamar to control for only two game then kobe came back

SunsRock101
Star

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 04:16:22 am »

Quote from: "fawaz24"
those where later in the season when he was ejected and suspended and injuryed but in the beginning of the season lamar to control for only two game then kobe came back

Oh right, my bad lol. But Odom was still a monster when Kobe was out.

Psyclone
Journeyman

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 04:46:59 am »

Quote from: "paygan247"
No player that uses the basketball can succeed with Kobe. It's the primary impediment to Odom's succes. Odom plays great as a point forward, out of the high post, but that's k-land, so Odom is down on the blocks or being ignored at the 3 pt line.
Lakers I guess shoulda cut kobe when that rape case popped up, they wouldnt feel so violated now.

You're conveniently forgetting that Lamar never impressed with the Clips either!! He had one really good year with the Heat and that probably had to do with him fitting into the team chemistry!! Other than that ONE YEAR, Lamar has always shown FLASHES of brilliance, but been VERY INCONSISTENT!!
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 10:54:31 am »

Odom still shows the same skills that he showed in Miami, but his numbers are indeed being held down. Unless a player is THE dominant player on the team, then they do need good team chemistry to show their true talent.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Pickup_baller
Undrafted

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2007, 11:46:05 am »

Yeah, Odom was a monster when they LOST to the KNICKS this season without Kobe. With Kobe, they lost to the Knicks too, except Odom took the potential winning shot in that game and got blocked by David Lee.  Odom is always going to be a borderline star no matter who he plays with. He might get great stats without Kobe, but the team is definitely not better without Kobe.

kafogahoga
MVP

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 01:16:06 pm »

Quote from: "Pickup_baller"
Yeah, Odom was a monster when they LOST to the KNICKS this season without Kobe. With Kobe, they lost to the Knicks too, except Odom took the potential winning shot in that game and got blocked by David Lee.  Odom is always going to be a borderline star no matter who he plays with. He might get great stats without Kobe, but the team is definitely not better without Kobe.

Yeah, but If Kobe let go of the reigns for a while, they WOULD be a better team.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Jump to: