Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Soooooo....what isssss...............Dallas doing?  (Read 5599 times)
Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« on: August 09, 2013, 07:37:27 am »

Firstly, I'm not implying that they're doing a bad job at all.
2nd, I'm not saying they put all their eggs in the Dwight/Big FA basket and bombed out. I think they made some solid smart pick ups.

Thirdly and most importantly, Any team with Dirk is going to be decent, too good to completely bottom out, yet not good enough imo.  Maybe people tend to think Mavs have bottomed out, but I see this team hovering around that 8th seed.

My assumption
1. Cuban is a decent fella, thinks Dirk deserves the right to retire a mav
2. Dirk comes back on team friendly deal, retires a mav
3. New core is Dirk/Monta/Jose/Larkin?
4. Prosper?

Overall I don't think this team is bad enough, and Dirk will likely retire a mav.  So do you just hover around the middle of the pack until Dirk withers away?
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 09:37:45 am »

Cuban has devised this ingenious plan of clearing your roster and starting anew every offseason to miss out on star players.  He is killing it may I add.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 11:17:08 am »

see metta I was trying to get away from saying that lol.  did he really put all his eggs in the FA basket?

there had to be a plan b and c.  namely moving dirk the second deron/cp3/dwight all chose other destinations.  now it seems that is the plan b, let dirk retire a mav and not be very good or very bad.

MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 12:51:59 am »

see metta I was trying to get away from saying that lol.  did he really put all his eggs in the FA basket?

there had to be a plan b and c.  namely moving dirk the second deron/cp3/dwight all chose other destinations.  now it seems that is the plan b, let dirk retire a mav and not be very good or very bad.

That sounds like the plan...I don't remember, did he sign contracts to able to make a run at everyone next year, or is he done?

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 11:30:44 pm »

I can't believe they didn't pursue Al Jeff more.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 11:40:33 pm »

They also tried to get Bynum I think?

LET'S GO HEAT.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 12:11:18 am »

They may be back in the lottery now.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 07:18:33 pm »

I've got it! Their tanking for Wiggens and just making it look like they're trying by "striking out" on the marquee free agents.  And on top of that they have Monta and Dirk to pair with Wiggens! Cuban is a genius!

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 11:40:47 pm »

ALL HAIL King Cuban
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 02:10:08 am »
+1

What seed do you actually guys see Dallas getting? Curious.

Unless Dirk goes 2011 mode, they'll get 8th, maybe 7th at best IMO. I predict they'll be 10th-ish, just missing it out again. But then again, you never know

LET'S GO HEAT.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 02:08:15 pm »

Unless Dirk goes 2011 mode, they'll get 8th, maybe 7th at best IMO. I predict they'll be 10th-ish, just missing it out again. But then again, you never know

It'll all come down to who's healthiest.  7 and 8 should be up for grabs between Portland, Minnesota, LA, Dallas, and New Orleans....If everyone is healthy I see it finishing out Minny, NOLA, Dallas, LA, Portland, but if Minnesota has an injury prone season again, NOLA doesn't mesh and AD and Gordan miss games like last year, Kobe doesn't come back to being a stallion, and the Lakers don't mesh that well, all of which is completely possible, Dallas could get 7 and Portland 8.  However I see them getting the 9 or 10th seed.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 12:36:33 am »

I think 10ish as well, if they are going nowhere near the trade deadline they need to trade some players and try to rise in the lottery.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 07:55:07 pm »

I've got it! Their tanking for Wiggens and just making it look like they're trying by "striking out" on the marquee free agents.  And on top of that they have Monta and Dirk to pair with Wiggens! Cuban is a genius!

a team with dirk,ellis,marion,vc is not in tank mode. they'll be out of the playoffs but defenitely not that worst (ie: bobcats/magic/sixers)

they destroyed a championship core to take risks for deron/dwight. its just that it didnt work out, but i wont pay that kind of money for ellis/calderon..especially calderon.

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 01:27:34 am »

Maybe they will make a big acquisition at the trade deadline to get into the playoffs.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 07:03:58 pm »

if dirk was not injured last season they could have made the playoffs to eventually be pounded by the spurs or the thunder (i'd assume westbrook will not be injured if they faced dallas)

i'm just hoping they get the 1st pick next season

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: