Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Knicks - Celtics  (Read 622 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: August 23, 2013, 04:27:42 pm »

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kukcfx7
The Knicks also send their 2018 first round draft pick.

*Note, trade cant happen now because of Wallace, but around the time Rondo will be coming off injury in December it can be.

Boston moves the 3 year contracts of both Wallace and Lee for a large 2 year contract. They trade Rondo for Shumpert and a first round pick which isn't terrible. This trade also helps them loose games this season in an attempt to get a high draft pick.

The Knicks get a star player and moves their highest paid player that nobody wants.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 04:31:58 pm »

Even if they're moving two unpleasing contracts, this is awful for Boston haha...A Shumpert-Bradley back court would be awful on offense.  And Stat is worse than Crash and Lee.

Side question, why can't Crash be traded in a multi player deal?

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 01:51:04 am »

I actually kinda like the idea of a Bradley + Shumpert guard tandem.  It would be easily the best defensive duo in the league, and would lock opposing guards down every night.  I think their passing and shooting would be decent enough to cover for their lack of pure scoring ability.

However, why would Boston want Amare? 
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 09:31:35 am »

This is a money deal for Boston, while improving their ability to absolutely suck this season. They gain a young player in Shumpert and a pick.

I also think this is possible to happen because there are not many teams that would be interested in Rondo. Most teams, especially the good teams, have their point guards. The Knicks are one of the few that don't have a great one and can take on money in a deal.

And Stat is worse than Crash and Lee.

Side question, why can't Crash be traded in a multi player deal?

I don't think that is the case, but even so, Amare's deal is one year shorter than both of those players.

The side question - It has to have something to do with being acquired from Brooklyn in that complicated deal. The last for a few months after the completion of that deal, so at some point during the season he will become tradeable in multi player deals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: