Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacer's Playoff Hopes  (Read 4897 times)
basketballwithjon33
Undrafted

Respect: +1

« on: August 31, 2013, 11:54:48 am »

The Pacers have a great chance this year at making a deep playoff run or maybe even winning it all. With starting 5 of Hill/Stephonson, George, Granger, West, and Hibbert, plenty of able backups, and time left to trade around, the Pacers have the ability to make a long run in the playoffs against the East's dominant teams like the Heat, Knicks, and Bulls (if Rose returns at 100%). Pacer's fans, we have reasons to be excited for this year.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:27:40 am by basketballwithjon33 » Logged
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 01:44:16 pm »
+1

The Pacers have a great chance this year at making a deep playoff run or maybe even winning it all. With starting 5 of Hill/Stephonson, George, Granger, West, and Hibbert, plenty of able backups like Collison and Barbosa, and time left to trade around, the Pacers have the ability to make a long run in the playoffs against the East's dominant teams like the Heat, Knicks, and Bulls (if Rose returns at 100%). Pacer's fans, we have reasons to be excited for this year.

Collison and Barbosa aren't on the team?

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:35:08 pm »

I will take Pacers over the Knicks any day.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:42:23 pm »

I will take Pacers over the Knicks any day.

This is a given.

If I was betting right now, I would put my money on Indiana to win it all (especially since they are getting 15-1 odds).  No exaggeration.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 11:28:01 pm »

I wouldn't go that far but they will def be a factor but they will need a few balls to bounce there way to beat the Heat.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 11:30:54 pm »

I wouldn't go that far but they will def be a factor but they will need a few balls to bounce there way to beat the Heat.

That still makes absolutely no sense.  They were a game away from beating the Heat in the ECF, unless Oden stays healthy, Miami did not upgrade at all.  Indiana made huge upgrades.  That do not need lucky bounces to beat the Heat.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 12:12:41 am »

That still makes absolutely no sense.  They were a game away from beating the Heat in the ECF, unless Oden stays healthy, Miami did not upgrade at all.  Indiana made huge upgrades.  That do not need lucky bounces to beat the Heat.

I'm so sick of people acting like the series was so close, they got beat by 23 points in Game 7 and 3 out of the 4 losses were by double figures, they have a long way to go to catch the Heat and a few minor moves is not the exact answer to get the job done.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 12:28:57 am »

I'm so sick of people acting like the series was so close, they got beat by 23 points in Game 7 and 3 out of the 4 losses were by double figures, they have a long way to go to catch the Heat and a few minor moves is not the exact answer to get the job done.

Adding Granger for nothing, replacing Augustin with Watson, replacing Hansbrough with Scola, and replacing Young with what's his face from NY are not minor moves.  Thy went from one of the weakest benches in the league to arguably the strongest.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 12:31:33 am »

Granger is not a minor move and Scola is arguable I guess but the others just don't scream big move to me.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 12:38:37 am »

Granger is not a minor move and Scola is arguable I guess but the others just don't scream big move to me.

Watson will be one of the best back-up PGs in the league, Augustin is terrible.  Copeland is a big pop of offense off the bench.  20 points per 36 minutes on .583 TS% is very, very good. 

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 12:52:13 am »

Augustin is terrible. I will give you that one, maybe I am undervaluing Watson.
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 03:49:44 pm »

Who starts, Stephenson or Granger?
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 03:52:54 pm »

Stephenson.

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 07:07:38 pm »

Stephenson should start.  Granger will still get good minutes, and will play the end of some games, depending on match-ups.

MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 07:15:04 pm »

Granger's scoring is the more sensible thing to bring off the bench rather than Stephenson's defense.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: