Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL BUCKS TRADE THREAD [Realistic or Not]  (Read 84506 times)
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

Respect: +448

« on: September 09, 2013, 12:35:42 pm »

There you go Ross...have at it. This might be a place we can all come to place our trade scenarios.

I know I will limit mine to here... Roll Eyes

I can think of some trades the Bucks should have made but trade time is basically over for them I think with all these restrictions...on who you can move and when.

But there are some free agents out there the Bucks could have gotten that they did not that I am salty about...namely Jordan Hamilton of Denver if it is true that he is now in Miami...

Let the trade frenzy begin...

Lets not Buck-s the System!...Carry on. Buck-le Up Milwaukee!
Dwagner30
Star

Respect: +252

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:49:14 pm »

Bucks trade Herb Kohl for Michael Jordan and a case of Coors Light.
Ross983
All-Star

Respect: +150

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 03:05:08 pm »

But there are some free agents out there the Bucks could have gotten that they did not that I am salty about...namely Jordan Hamilton of Denver if it is true that he is now in Miami...

its not true...im not sure why you are having such a hard time with this concept.

Miami has a Justin Hamilton, which is a completely differenent name.
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 03:47:37 pm »

Bucks and Celtics...Rondo trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o4u5j8u

Bucks would now have a legitimate starter at every spot, but would also have an obvious need for the future (SF).  That is what we would use our 1st round pick on this year, in a very deep draft.  We get to keep Knight, who would be a backup guard and if he actually shows starter talent, then we can move him or Rondo (or it just wouldnt be such a big deal when his contract expired).

The Celtics would complete their tank effort for this season, and get a guy who probably has more potential than anyone on their roster at the same time.
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 03:59:15 pm »

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=of9f62h

Houston gives up a 1st as well.
Houston sends over Lin to help the Bucks compete right now, while Knight develops.  Also get a few decent PF prospects.
Bucks send over Ersan to give a floor spacer for D12.  And Udoh as a decent defender.

Why for Mil? Give Henson room to start, play, and develop.  Relieves pressure from Knight, and gives them a decent quality starter in Lin.  Also a few prospects and a pick never hurts anyone.

Why for Houston? Beverly is good enough to start IMO, and Ersan would be perfect in their offense.  Also, Udoh could potentially be very helpful in a playoff matchup against Memphis, and to a less extent LAC and GS, by giving Houston two good defensive bigs, to pair up against their two good bigs on those teams. (Gasol-Z-bo, Griffin-Jordan, Bogut-Lee.)

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 04:27:07 pm »

Metta,

I actually like that trade kind of a lot.  I don't see the Bucks doing it, bc I think the Bucks want Knight to start and have Ridnour for great depth, but I would like that trade.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 04:48:12 pm »

Metta,

I actually like that trade kind of a lot.  I don't see the Bucks doing it, bc I think the Bucks want Knight to start and have Ridnour for great depth, but I would like that trade.

Lin would beat Knight out for the starting spot, and then Knight would have to battle Ridnour for back-up minutes.

I also really like the trade.

MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »

You could also just switch out Udoh for Ridnour in the trade...and it'd probably actually be a better trade, it'll make the back up/six man role exclusively Knights, and give Houston a solid back up PG.

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 04:58:19 pm »

You could also just switch out Udoh for Ridnour in the trade...and it'd probably actually be a better trade, it'll make the back up/six man role exclusively Knights, and give Houston a solid back up PG.

Yeah, I can see that.  It does make it better, because Milwaukee does seem to like Udoh.  It also gives Houston a lot of options for PG.  You have Aaron Brooks for scoring, Ridnour for a little of everything (probably their best distributor at PG), and Patrick Beverley for 3&D.

MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 05:03:54 pm »

Yeah, I can see that.  It does make it better, because Milwaukee does seem to like Udoh.  It also gives Houston a lot of options for PG.  You have Aaron Brooks for scoring, Ridnour for a little of everything (probably their best distributor at PG), and Patrick Beverley for 3&D.

I completely forgot about Brooks... Cheesy  I'd start Beverly and have Ridnour come off the bench though.  If they got Ersan, i'd love for Houston to run the triangle a little too.

Bucks would have one of the most over hyped back courts in the NBA too.. Cheesy Mayo, who is supposed to be a star and has potential up the ass and blah blah blah, and Linsanity, the hype they'd create would be ridiculous hahaha.

Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 07:06:19 pm »
+1

I can confirm at this point that if the Bucks do not acquire a top tier PG, someone like Rondo, that they are going to go with Knight.  And rightfully so.

If Knight hits, they got a PG who was seen as a top tier PG coming out of College.  If he flops, it likely means a 35 or less, possibly much less win season, and a better chance at a top pick in the draft where they can address the PG situation.

I know the Bucks are very high on Harrison, Smart, and Exum, the 3 top PG's in the class, but not sure the Bucks would be bad enough to nab a top 5-8 pick to get one, even if Knight has a terrible season.

Either way, this season is going to be fun, we have so much youth that has the potential to hit, but in the same sense, we have so much youth that could stay the same.  If they hit, we become a solid playoff team, if they miss, we get a likely top 10 pick.  Win Win in my eyes this year.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 08:19:56 pm »

I can confirm at this point that if the Bucks do not acquire a top tier PG, someone like Rondo, that they are going to go with Knight.  And rightfully so.

If Knight hits, they got a PG who was seen as a top tier PG coming out of College.  If he flops, it likely means a 35 or less, possibly much less win season, and a better chance at a top pick in the draft where they can address the PG situation.

I know the Bucks are very high on Harrison, Smart, and Exum, the 3 top PG's in the class, but not sure the Bucks would be bad enough to nab a top 5-8 pick to get one, even if Knight has a terrible season.

Either way, this season is going to be fun, we have so much youth that has the potential to hit, but in the same sense, we have so much youth that could stay the same.  If they hit, we become a solid playoff team, if they miss, we get a likely top 10 pick.  Win Win in my eyes this year.

So what do you think of my trade then?

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 09:22:44 pm »

he obviously thinks its not going to happen no matter what...
Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 10:41:20 pm »

Pretty much what Ross said.

The only way they will trade for a PG would be to acquire a top tier PG.  That is not Jeremy Lin.  I honestly think a strong argument can be made that Lin is no better then Knight, and Knight is much younger.

If the Bucks trade for a PG, it will either involve trading Knight, or if they keep Knight, it will have to be a top tier PG like a Rondo or D.Will type of guy.

Basically, Knight will be the Bucks starting PG until at least the deadline.  They really want to see how the youth looks together.
Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 10:42:00 pm »

Again, the Heat signed their 2nd round draft pick, Justin Hamilton.

Jordan Hamilton is still a member of the Denver Nuggets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75   Go Up

Jump to: