Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL BUCKS TRADE THREAD [Realistic or Not]  (Read 84407 times)
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #1080 on: June 01, 2014, 06:44:04 am »

I just talked this over with two well respected buddies of mine at work just to guage Bucks fans reactions and see how much value a #2 pick and new ownership has and what would or would most Bucks deal for this pick and maybe a valuable asset?

I just watched KD walk off the court dejected after the OT loss to the mission driven Spurs and I got to thinking....would you give up the #2 overall pick for Kevin Durant if you are the Bucks?

Forget the "he wouldn't come here nonsense for a minute because KD is a rare dude where that wouldn't matter. After all he has embraced Oaklahoma City so why wouldn't he come if we are committed to win.

Answer the question please? Would you? One friend said yes. I was shocked because most Bucks fans I had pegged to foolishly say HELL NO right away. Then I asked another and of course he hesitated. He came back at me and said, "just for the "2? IF they (OKC) does it....

I had to address that and said, ' why wouldn't they. Even Kevin Love is being shopped and Carmelo is looking at the Bulls it has been rumored. So say we throw in Er an and.......here it comes Giannis would you do it.

Bucks send the rights to the #2 pick Ersan Ilyasova, and Giannis Antetekoumpo to OKC for Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones and Kevin Durant.

Yes or no?  And . . .  Why.

Well respected by who? You???

Of course the Bucks would do that trade. The Thunder wouldn't in a million years. Maybe if they gave the rights of the team to the Thunders owner.

Also, as far as the bold: wtf are you talking about? Those two "comparisons" are a trillion miles away. Kevin Love is in a losing situation, never been to the playoffs, doesn't like his team and can opt out of his contract in a year. Melo didn't go to the playoffs this year and even if he did, wouldn't have made it very far in them and can opt out this year. The Thunder had the 2nd best record in the West,  has an amazing #2 for Kevin Durant, a great #3 in Ibaka and an up and coming good center in Steven Adams and overall a young team that just went to the conference Finals in 2 of the last 3 years and their biggest competitors to the finals are pretty old and Durant still has at least 2 more years on his deal.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:51:11 am by Shawn Kemps Kids » Logged
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

Respect: +448

« Reply #1081 on: June 05, 2014, 07:50:28 pm »

A friend of mine at work asked if I would you trade the #2 pick of this draft for Russell Westbrook as I said I would trade it for Durant the other day...

95% of Bucks fans who are nuts say no no no...we wouldn't do that and OKC would not do that {don't be too sure about that!} ...

HECK YES I WOULD DO IT! And if the owners hire a new President like say Bryan Colangelo, with an arena that needs to be built and fans who need to come back to the fold, if he  comes in and wants to do that I WOULD LET HIM. That's business...the NBA is business not mom and pops.

Many say, "that is a Kohl move." No it's not! Kohl would never think of such a progressive move and would be so busy like some of you saying, "he will never come here or stay here and he will shoot too much..." So what! That is who he is.

Sometimes I think some of you new school Bucks fans couldn't handle a Superstar in Milwaukee you are so intimidated... and so scary. Step out man, step out! He is only 25! And an Olympian and top 5 player in the entire league. Forget everything else. I am tired of losing! Some of you need a culture shock. Forget one and done's.    

That is a deal a competent GM in other sports can propose and finish like a Ron Wolf, Ted Thompson in free agency and a Doug Melvin move that GM like GM Hammond can't make. In the JJ Redick deal we should have Eric Bledsoe right now if he did it right...

You all talk about his drafting prowess but he can't make a decent trade or free agent move to our advantage unless it is to clean up another mistake he made or its with his Pistons friends or Clippers and places he has been before. Presti would rake him over the coals...I would have another guy to come in and make that deal if it was on the table.

He nailed the last one with Middleton and Knight but....this is something a President of Basketball Operations WOULD DEFINITELY MAKE...and either the new owners would be on board with it and trust him or they wouldn't.

If it was a Jerry West or Pat Riley or Phil Jackson, Danny Ainge, type of a President like that then heck yes he would do it. I said Durant, but I would settle for Westbrook for a package around the #2. Sure would.  

If Westbrook is or was available you are a fool if you would not listen to OKC's offer! Every GM in the league would be on alert or they are not worth anything.  

In a heartbeat! Especially if the Cavs take Joel Embiid. Absolutely you do it and hope Giannis is Durant Jr. Now granted I know this deal is unlikely as if OKC does this it might *** off KD, but they need to protect themselves for the future down there too.

Yes you do it...and wouldn't blink twice. A total no-brainer. No one in the NBA, much less in that draft is better with the ball in his hands then Russell Westbrook right now. You figure everyone and everything else out later.

You have fans who say "it is messing up our youth movement..." Not it's not. How do you figure that!? Westbrook is still young. What are you saying?

I would make that deal so fast it will be amazing. Russell is only what 25-26? Dynamic player...we would probably have to part with some salary like Ersan and maybe even Mayo and that pick.

But as long as you leave me Knight and Sanders and Giannis and KMidd22 absolutely I would do it and waste no sleep over it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:14:13 pm by MilBucksFan4Life1 » Logged

Lets not Buck-s the System!...Carry on. Buck-le Up Milwaukee!
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #1082 on: June 11, 2014, 05:10:42 am »

Chad Ford posted this: Kings Interested In Schröder, Knight With No. 8 Pick As Trade Chip
Jun 10, 2014 1:11 PM EDT

The Sacramento Kings have had interest in trading the No. 8 pick in the NBA Draft, with Dennis Schröder and Brandon Knight as targets.

The Kings are looking to add a player that can contribute in a meaningful way immediately.

Marcus Smart could be a good fit if they keep the pick.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

Link:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233733/Kings-Interested-In-Schr%C3%B6der-Knight-With-No-8-Pick-As-Trade-Chip

I would not entertain this deal at all unless we made the Kings throw in Ben McLemore and their #8 pick. They have another pick later on...so they won't die.

I would consider this only if Marcus Smart is there to replace Knight and we add Ben McLemore and they take OJ Mayo the #2, #34 and Carlos Delfino.

Perhaps we take back Jason Thompson as well?

But Ben McLemore, Marcus Smart and Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetekounmpo, KMid22, John Henson and Nate Wolters [draft Tavares 7'3 big man] is a nice start for me....  

madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #1083 on: June 11, 2014, 10:05:12 am »
+1

Cheesy

Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

« Reply #1084 on: June 11, 2014, 02:59:45 pm »

I would not entertain this deal at all unless we made the Kings throw in Ben McLemore and their #8 pick. They have another pick later on...so they won't die.

I would consider this only if Marcus Smart is there to replace Knight and we add Ben McLemore and they take OJ Mayo the #2, #34 and Carlos Delfino.

Perhaps we take back Jason Thompson as well?

But Ben McLemore, Marcus Smart and Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetekounmpo, KMid22, John Henson and Nate Wolters [draft Tavares 7'3 big man] is a nice start for me....  

How are the Bucks going to get Smart and Parker if they trade the #2 pick?
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #1085 on: June 12, 2014, 01:42:10 am »

The Kings are not asking for the #2 pick. Two separate statements and two separate deals. One deal does not tie into another.

READ THE POST AND USE COMMON SENSE.

The deal is they want Knight for the #8.

Period. No other players were discussed. Anything added is trying to anticipate what or who the other principals of that deal might be, if any.

Many say Knight is not worth a #8 pick. YES HE IS. He is only 22 and he is a great character kid and hard working and has proven that he can play in this league as a above average combo guard.

Has he proven he can win? Well, no not yet but he has been on teams who had 10 new coaches a year and instability and has not played with any true big star offensive weapons that he would be in Sacramento.

To me he is as John Wall. Fans who say he is not are delusional. The only way he is not an All Star soon is because of the team he would be on. And the guys who you surround him with.

I am not gung ho to move him and I do not think the Bucks should. But I can see Hammond doing it to get rid of his other mistake in signing Larry Sanders to that big deal.

But if it is a straight up deal then obviously if you have any common sense and can read, no we would not give up the #2 pick. Can't you read?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:47:08 am by MilBucksFan4Life1 » Logged

MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #1086 on: June 12, 2014, 01:50:04 am »

How are the Bucks going to get Smart and Parker if they trade the #2 pick?
I did not propose that scenario....I did not say, mean or intend for the Bucks that they 'should' or would trade the #2 pick on that deal. That is not the point of this topic.

That is a separate statement, a separate thought and a totally separate sentence altogether ...which is why I said, "But...but...but..."

Read my wording!!!

The preceding comment I said..."I would CONSIDER....CONSIDER....CONSIDER...." Then I said if they take OJ or the #2 and some other stuff.

And then I went into scenarios how we might have to take back an expiring or a guy like PF Jason Thompson...and then what they might want if we ask for Ben McLemore who might cost us another asset like Sanders and I think I had mentioned earlier Ilyasova. Read the entire compliation of posts before you respond and that would clear up some of your confusion. 

Not what I would do!They did not ask for the #2 pick. Where the hell did you come up with that!?

I would spell all this out for you all but you have short attention spans but nitpick a specific part that you do not take the time to read the entire sentence...or else I would.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:00:57 am by MilBucksFan4Life1 » Logged

MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #1087 on: June 12, 2014, 02:19:30 am »

Lets go over this one more time and do it sloooooowwwly.

Chad Ford suggests that the Kings are looking to move the #8 pick for guards Dennis Schroder or the Bucks Brandon Knight.

Period.

Now, lets focus on that alone so there is no confusion.

I am the biggest Brandon Knight fan amongst most Bucks fans it seems from what I have read in other blogs and message boards or hear on radio or what not...

I think he can play both guard positions and I feel if we had true scorers on this team he can be a top play maker.

Is he a natural play maker who can make others better? Maybe not, and maybe so down the road.
Everyone is at the same stage on his team so that is not his job really right now.. But I say, so what?

Following the trends in the NBA you don't really need a natural play maker starting at PG or at the '1' in the NBA to be a great team.

You can have a combo guard who can get you some buckets and initiate his offense first to calm everyone else down and get them started when they do begin to pass.

That is why I liked Monta Ellis too who many in here ripped as well. You can get by with a facilitator or a shot creator and maker which opens up shots for his teammates just because of his true ability to break down a defense and put pressure on the other team to score and make shots, not just pass.

In fact, what final four playoff team does have a pass first or so called true PG? Name me one!?

You can bring a true play maker or PG off the bench to stabilize things and get others involved if things are not moving and flowing. Then bring Nate Wolters or Ramon Sessions in.  

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:59:41 am by MilBucksFan4Life1 » Logged

Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

« Reply #1088 on: June 12, 2014, 04:32:09 am »

Period. No other players were discussed.

Many say Knight is not worth a #8 pick. YES HE IS. He is only 22 and he is a great character kid and hard working and has proven that he can play in this league as a above average combo guard.

Has he proven he can win? Well, no not yet but he has been on teams who had 10 new coaches a year and instability and has not played with any true big star offensive weapons that he would be in Sacramento.

To me he is as John Wall. Fans who say he is not are delusional. The only way he is not an All Star soon is because of the team he would be on. And the guys who you surround him with.

I am not gung ho to move him and I do not think the Bucks should. But I can see Hammond doing it to get rid of his other mistake in signing Larry Sanders to that big deal.

But if it is a straight up deal then obviously if you have any common sense and can read, no we would not give up the #2 pick. Can't you read?

Well that's not true, you mentioned Jabari Parker, Ben McLemore, Marcus Smart, OJ Mayo and Carlos Delfino.

No he isn't.

He is not John Wall. If he was John Wall he would be putting up John Wall Stats and doing John Wall things. John Wall played with some terrible teams before this year and put up better numbers and played better than Knight did.

Of course I can read. However you talked about this trade:

Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

« Reply #1089 on: June 12, 2014, 04:33:58 am »

I did not propose that scenario....I did not say, mean or intend for the Bucks that they 'should' or would trade the #2 pick on that deal. That is not the point of this topic.

I would spell all this out for you all but you have short attention spans but nitpick a specific part that you do not take the time to read the entire sentence...or else I would.

Yes you did. Right here:

No one reasons the entire sentence because you have the absolute worst posting/writing style and you are also currently in an insane asylum.
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #1090 on: June 12, 2014, 07:08:08 am »

Yes you did. Right here:

No one reasons the entire sentence because you have the absolute worst posting/writing style and you are also currently in an insane asylum.
Those are two different thoughts...dummy. Separate them. And learn how to read.

There is nothing wrong with my writing style or you wouldn't run your a-- in here to comment on it to just try to make yourself feel good about yourself.

Then why do you come in here and read my post if you are not a Bucks fan or like my post fool?

I don't give flying flip what anyone thinks about my writing style. I know I know my stuff and don't need you or anyone to validate me. 

You are on total ignore. I will NEVER respond to this lunacy again.

MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #1091 on: June 17, 2014, 04:22:18 am »

It should be a busy day on draft night with player movement and trades. One team of which who should be very active is our Milwaukee Bucks.

If we had a different President of Basketball Operations and General Manager in place I might be confident in the Bucks be very creative and proactive on draft night moving as many as 6 players again to totally reshape this team to being a new era.  

The Philadelphia 76ers have mentioned time and time again that they are down right enamored with former Jayhawk Andrew Wiggins, and would even entertain moving up to #1 in a deal with the Cavs in order to obtain the rights to draft him first in the 2014 NBA draft.

However, they do not want not part with the #3 and or the #10 picks to do so! That is ludicrisp as Mike Tyson would say with a slight lisp. LOL.

If I am the Cavs it would at the very least require the #3 pick from them if I was the Cavs to even think about it. Thaddeus Young could sweeten the pot as well as the #32 pick.

But I said that to say this: The Bucks are sitting pretty at #2 watching all of this unfold and discern to see if any of this is true. And if I was them, [and I am not] they can wait to see if the Cavs will take Embiid with the #1 overall pick which would leave Wiggins and Parker and Exum still on the board when they draft.

If Wiggins is there, I might try to beat the Cavs to the draft day punch and use that to make a deal with the Sixers. Draft Wiggins at #2 and you would agree to trade his rights to the Sixers who can take Parker [or Exum] at #3 and we exchange those two [Wiggins and Parker] by the Bucks sending to Philly Wiggins, Ilyasova, and the #31 pick for Young, Parker and #10?

In effect that would cost the Sixers 21 spots but guess what, they would still have picks #31 and #32 and we would get #10 as well but they would get their man Wiggins?

Now, all that losing would have been worth it wouldn't it have? Everyone is happy... You like?

Maybe not. I do.

Then you if you wanted could go ahead and make that deal with the Kings or a multi team deal with the Kings/Suns and Jazz and Lakers.

But this I trust Bryan Colangelo or a GM of that type to do or even Morway or Billy McKinney but not Hammond to do. It is too complex to get done. But they should be active.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:29:31 am by MilBucksFan4Life1 » Logged

Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

« Reply #1092 on: June 18, 2014, 05:51:21 pm »

Those are two different thoughts...dummy. Separate them. And learn how to read.

There is nothing wrong with my writing style or you wouldn't run your a-- in here to comment on it to just try to make yourself feel good about yourself.

Then why do you come in here and read my post if you are not a Bucks fan or like my post fool?

I don't give flying flip what anyone thinks about my writing style. I know I know my stuff and don't need you or anyone to validate me. 

You are on total ignore. I will NEVER respond to this lunacy again.

Cheesy Cheesy

Obviously you do, otherwise you wouldn't have responded.
dmacid
Journeyman

Respect: +16

« Reply #1093 on: June 20, 2014, 03:59:33 pm »

I think Sixers might end up trading #3 and #10 picks with Thad Young for #1 pick, Waiters and rights to Deng (another filler might need to be thrown in to make the salaries work). The reason for this is because Emblid has fallen out of #1 pick contention and Cavs seem to be high on Exum. This way Sixers would leapfrog to #1 to draft Wiggins. Bucks would end up drafting Parker and then Cavs would take Exum with #3. Exum would start for them at SG instead of Waiters who doesnt seem to be getting along with Irving.
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

« Reply #1094 on: June 21, 2014, 12:39:09 am »

You can't trade the rights to someone who is an unrestricted free agent?
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75   Go Up

Jump to: