Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL BUCKS TRADE THREAD [Realistic or Not]  (Read 84401 times)
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

Respect: +448

« Reply #1095 on: June 21, 2014, 10:53:20 am »

I think Sixers might end up trading #3 and #10 picks with Thad Young for #1 pick, Waiters and rights to Deng (another filler might need to be thrown in to make the salaries work). The reason for this is because Emblid has fallen out of #1 pick contention and Cavs seem to be high on Exum. This way Sixers would leapfrog to #1 to draft Wiggins. Bucks would end up drafting Parker and then Cavs would take Exum with #3. Exum would start for them at SG instead of Waiters who doesnt seem to be getting along with Irving.
This is what the Bucks should get from Philly.

Lets not Buck-s the System!...Carry on. Buck-le Up Milwaukee!
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #1096 on: June 21, 2014, 11:09:29 am »

I would do either of the two deals we discussed...or I discussed.

The Sixers want Wiggins.
The Jazz want Parker.
The Bucks need Embiid. [Many beg to differ. I don't. I say still take him.]

The way the Bucks can still take Embiid is obviously to get multiple lottery picks which should not be too hard. I think they are in the best position to do so . . . if the new owners so choose.

I have been hearing from many Bucks fans, "well are not in a hurry to win, lets just accumulate assets."

I disagreed and said the Bucks can turn this around immediately if they got lucky and had a plan to do so and had a astute GM with connections and some ingenuity. GM Hammond and assistant GM Morway could put their heads together... 

I would deal with Utah if they really like Dante Exum or Marcus Smart and get Derrick Favors and Alec Burks in return.

I guarantee you they will field many offers. But if Parker is taken by the Cavs you have Wiggins sitting there and if anyone wants him [which the Sixers do] you hold them over a barrel...and ask for #3, #10 or Noel.

They will say no to Noel and that might be the deal-breaker. It would for me. But I like Thaddeus Young too for Ilyasova straight up. But picks #3 and #10 are non-negotiable if they refuse to give up Noel.

dmacid
Journeyman

Respect: +16

« Reply #1097 on: June 21, 2014, 04:00:46 pm »

You can't trade the rights to someone who is an unrestricted free agent?

You can if you do it before July 1st I believe. Thats when the salaries switch from 13/14 to 14/15.
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #1098 on: June 22, 2014, 05:46:38 am »

You can if you do it before July 1st I believe. Thats when the salaries switch from 13/14 to 14/15.

I don't think that's right. You may be right but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure madawg will be in here soon to let us know, he knows more about CBA, contracts and whatnot than I do.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #1099 on: June 22, 2014, 12:11:01 pm »

I don't think that's right. You may be right but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure madawg will be in here soon to let us know, he knows more about CBA, contracts and whatnot than I do.

I have never heard of a free agent being traded.  It has to be a sign and trade.  The only player rights one can trade are the rights to unsigned rookies.

dmacid
Journeyman

« Reply #1100 on: June 22, 2014, 03:18:59 pm »

I have never heard of a free agent being traded.  It has to be a sign and trade.  The only player rights one can trade are the rights to unsigned rookies.

Youre right. But players dont become free agents until July 1st. So they can be traded prior to then I believe.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1101 on: June 22, 2014, 05:16:01 pm »

Youre right. But players dont become free agents until July 1st. So they can be traded prior to then I believe.

Nope

MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #1102 on: June 22, 2014, 11:33:21 pm »

FIRE SALE!

BUCKS WILL BE VERY ACTIVE ON DRAFT DAY...CBS SPORTS REPORTS...

READ NOW:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24594706/report-bucks-have-put-ilyasova-henson-knight-on-trade-market
Report: Bucks have put Ilyasova, Henson, Knight on trade market
By Matt Moore | NBA writer
June 22, 2014 5:52 pm ET

Both of these guys could be gone on draft night.

Yet, behind the scenes, the Bucks' brass has been busy. They've been discussing several trade possibilities and, if you believe some NBA officials, they'll consummate at least one deal.

*Young forward John Henson, who has shown flashes of being a top-flight player, is also available and some Bucks insiders claim the team's new owners — Marc Lasry and Wes Edens — have given their blessing to possibly trading young point guard Brandon Knight, arguably the team's best player.

MBFFL1: John Henson and Brandon Knight had better bring you back at least a top ten lottery pick are you kidding me! And an asset.

Those are two lottery picks themselves...and they are both 23 and under! And proven!

Trade them to Kings for Ben McLemore and #8 and Marcus Smart if he falls. In fact, you can trade Knight and Henson to the Magic! Keep #2 and get their #4 and Afflao!

The Magic would have Knight [Florida native] and a young Henson added to that young core and they are looking to move Afflao anyways. I take Aaron or Big Baby and #4 or another later pick they might have.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:44:58 pm by MilBucksFan4Life1 » Logged

dcenate5050
Undrafted

Respect: +7

« Reply #1103 on: June 23, 2014, 02:06:00 am »

Bucks are not getting the Magics #4 for Knight and Henson but each could get you a late lottery.. I'm guessing if Ilyasova was traded it would be for an expiring with a late 1st.

I would not mind trading Henson and ilyasova at all. I'd package Knight, Henson, #31 pick and offer them to the Kings for #8 and Mclemore.. Not really a fan of Mclemore but he could be a decent fit if the Bucks select Jabari parker. Kings get a young rim protector and a 2 guard.

All I know is that the Bucks have limited roster space.. Someones probably going to go or the Bucks are going to trade up from the 2nd rd..
dmacid
Journeyman

« Reply #1104 on: June 25, 2014, 09:28:50 pm »

Bucks are not getting the Magics #4 for Knight and Henson but each could get you a late lottery.. I'm guessing if Ilyasova was traded it would be for an expiring with a late 1st.

I would not mind trading Henson and ilyasova at all. I'd package Knight, Henson, #31 pick and offer them to the Kings for #8 and Mclemore.. Not really a fan of Mclemore but he could be a decent fit if the Bucks select Jabari parker. Kings get a young rim protector and a 2 guard.

All I know is that the Bucks have limited roster space.. Someones probably going to go or the Bucks are going to trade up from the 2nd rd..

I would love to see the Bucks trade Knight and Henson for #8 and McLemore. It would be a win-win for the Bucks. Draft Parker or Wiggins with #2 and Payton with #8. That would leave the Bucks set at all 3 perimeter positions. Then Larry can hopefully take care of his problems this Summer and will come back at 100%.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1105 on: June 25, 2014, 10:23:40 pm »

I would love to see the Bucks trade Knight and Henson for #8 and McLemore. It would be a win-win for the Bucks. Draft Parker or Wiggins with #2 and Payton with #8. That would leave the Bucks set at all 3 perimeter positions. Then Larry can hopefully take care of his problems this Summer and will come back at 100%.

I know this is the "realistic or not" trade thread, but I do not want you to get your hopes up.  That is not going to happen.

dmacid
Journeyman

« Reply #1106 on: June 26, 2014, 10:21:46 am »

I know this is the "realistic or not" trade thread, but I do not want you to get your hopes up.  That is not going to happen.

It wont because I dont see the Kings giving up on McLemore so fast. Dont really hold any hopes towards it but it would be neat if it happened. Still, for the most part we all agree that Bucks should trade whatever players they can to get more first round draft picks.
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #1107 on: July 08, 2014, 11:06:50 pm »

It wont because I dont see the Kings giving up on McLemore so fast. Dont really hold any hopes towards it but it would be neat if it happened. Still, for the most part we all agree that Bucks should trade whatever players they can to get more first round draft picks.
McLemore is unproven and you don't know what they would give up. He is not an All Star. So THEY WOULD consider giving him up, what are you talking about.

I know fans come in and like to shoot down trades just for the sake of doing so but at least make some sense about it. This is not that far fetch and unrealistic. They want to make the playoffs.

And to make the Rudy Gay deal pay off they can give up an asset like McLemore if they can fill another important position like PG, especially with someone like Knight who has a history with DeMarcus Cousins.

This deal is not that far off.   

MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #1108 on: July 08, 2014, 11:13:44 pm »

Knicks President Phil Jackson is said to want to clear some cap room and is dangling one of my favorite players in the entire league 5 years ago along with Dwayne Wade in Amar'e Stoudemire and his $24.3 million dollar a year contract.

The Knicks would perhaps have to throw in a sweetner in the form of Tim Hardaway Jr who I would  absolutely covet for the Bucks for the next 7 years paring with Knight, Giannis, Parker and Henson!

Would you take on 1 year of Amar'e for the Knicks? I would. Kidd knows him and has played with him.
If Kidd has any say so in personell matters the Bucks might bring Stoudemire in adn he might play well with JKidd.

I would do it just for the simple fact they make Tim Hardaway Jr availible! He can be an NBA All Star here and 20ppg scorer. The Bucks would be electric with that kid... they should look into this deal here.

I know this is too much for GM John Hammond to pull off but perhaps David Morway and Jason Kidd can get their heads together and make this happen. 

Knicks trying to trade Amar'e Stoudemire to 76ers
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/8/5880807/amare-stoudemire-trade-rumors-knicks-76ers

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1109 on: July 08, 2014, 11:22:32 pm »

Knicks President Phil Jackson is said to want to clear some cap room and is dangling one of my favorite players in the entire league 5 years ago along with Dwayne Wade in Amar'e Stoudemire and his $24.3 million dollar a year contract.

The Knicks would perhaps have to throw in a sweetner in the form of Tim Hardaway Jr who I would  absolutely covet for the Bucks for the next 7 years paring with Knight, Giannis, Parker and Henson!

Would you take on 1 year of Amar'e for the Knicks? I would. Kidd knows him and has played with him.
If Kidd has any say so in personell matters the Bucks might bring Stoudemire in adn he might play well with JKidd.

I would do it just for the simple fact they make Tim Hardaway Jr availible! He can be an NBA All Star here and 20ppg scorer. The Bucks would be electric with that kid... they should look into this deal here.

I know this is too much for GM John Hammond to pull off but perhaps David Morway and Jason Kidd can get their heads together and make this happen. 

Knicks trying to trade Amar'e Stoudemire to 76ers
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/8/5880807/amare-stoudemire-trade-rumors-knicks-76ers

The Bucks do not have cap space to take on Amare's contract without sending salary in return.  The Bucks would have to send about $11-12 million in salary back.

So it is not going to happen.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75   Go Up

Jump to: