Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bazemore and Green  (Read 10852 times)
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« on: September 12, 2013, 11:34:29 pm »
+1

How much potential do you guys think these lads have? Green was one of the few guys I saw a college game or two of, and he balled, and was a decent role player/defender last year.  Bazemore is just a stud as well.  For some reason I always shoot like 80% with him on 2K too. Cheesy  But yeah, both of these guys are pretty decent defenders, Bazemore may get a bigger chance seeing the lack of guard depth and his only competition being Douglas.  Green may get buried in the bench though being behind Iggy and Barnes at SF and Lee and Speights at PF.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 12:59:52 am »

Sometimes I wish Charlotte had drafted Green, he is actually the guy I had my eye on with our second round pick that draft.
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 11:57:47 am »

Green has slimmed down and we will see if that will help him.  His size is the biggest issue and he is probably pretty close to his ceiling with offense being the only area he can marginally improve.

Bazemore needs better handles to get more PT.

Bottom line is they don't move up more than one slot off the bench at best.  Happy to have them, but they can be replaced.

MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 02:44:43 pm »

Green has slimmed down and we will see if that will help him.  His size is the biggest issue and he is probably pretty close to his ceiling with offense being the only area he can marginally improve.

Bazemore needs better handles to get more PT.

Bottom line is they don't move up more than one slot off the bench at best.  Happy to have them, but they can be replaced.

Do you seem either of them getting a bigger part in the future? Like Green starting with Barnes, Curry, and Klay, or Bazemore getting six man behind Klay and Curry?  (I'm talking down the road when Iggy and Lee are both gone.)

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 02:19:58 am »

He may be a starter but if so it will be way wayyy down the road and that may be a stretch even..
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 04:59:05 pm »
+1

Do you seem either of them getting a bigger part in the future? Like Green starting with Barnes, Curry, and Klay, or Bazemore getting six man behind Klay and Curry?  (I'm talking down the road when Iggy and Lee are both gone.)

Green does not have the size or the hops to be a constant starter.  If he became a shut down 3 then maybe he would be a spot starter for the Warriors.  He could start for some maybe a bottom feeder, but his role with GSW will pretty much remain the same.  A high energy player that comes of the bench as the 7th, 8th or 9th man.

Bazemore is still a project and there is no clue what will happen with him.  GSW have had plent of players that were 2nd round or D League players come and go that have shown more than Bazemore has.

The player to watch is Ezeli.  I am more eager to see what his ceiling is. He hasn't played basketball for very long, has an excellent IQ and some physical tools.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 01:13:29 am »

I'm not sure many other teams would take Bazemore.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 05:17:10 am »
+1

Bazemore, I remember this dude. Had the game winner til Manu came up with that huge *** 3.

LET'S GO HEAT.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 12:15:38 am »

He did ball in one regular season game I saw last year on tv but I just don't know if he is built to last if you will.
sjboy
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 03:01:06 am »

I like Draymond, he is going to be a career energy guy off the bench.  The thing is he is committed to defense, and plays with such enthusiasm.  I would always want a guy like that on my team.

Bazemore on the other hand is brutal.  How can you not, on a personal level, LOVE THE GUY.  He is great.... but really when you put on your GM hat, this guy needs to produce when he is given the opportunity, and do it well.  So far in pre-season and such, he is really, really sloppy.  I hope he turns it around, but right now I don't see him on the roster next year unless he improves a lot. 

I mean consider the people ahead of him.  Where are the minutes?  Just no where to be found, and watching him in the Summer League, I believe he is one of those guys that needs minutes to produce for you.  Unfortunately that is just not and never will be (baring injury) his role in Golden State.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 03:35:48 pm »

I like Draymond, he is going to be a career energy guy off the bench.  The thing is he is committed to defense, and plays with such enthusiasm.  I would always want a guy like that on my team.

Bazemore on the other hand is brutal.  How can you not, on a personal level, LOVE THE GUY.  He is great.... but really when you put on your GM hat, this guy needs to produce when he is given the opportunity, and do it well.  So far in pre-season and such, he is really, really sloppy.  I hope he turns it around, but right now I don't see him on the roster next year unless he improves a lot. 

I mean consider the people ahead of him.  Where are the minutes?  Just no where to be found, and watching him in the Summer League, I believe he is one of those guys that needs minutes to produce for you.  Unfortunately that is just not and never will be (baring injury) his role in Golden State.

I agree about Green..he may even get a chance to start eventually some place, probably not GS though. Cheesy

Bazemore kinda reminds me of a lesser version Shumpert. Bazemore has to beat out little Curry and Douglas for back up PG minutes, so it shouldn't be all that difficult for him to find minutes.

DoritoEater
Undrafted

Respect: +3

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 05:57:29 pm »
+1

Bazemore needs to slow down on offense. Also needs to develop a right hand. Green's jumpshot will determine whether or not he'll be more than just a role player his whole career.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 12:02:07 am »

Welcome, DoritoEater
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: