Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beginning to worry about OKC's future as contenders  (Read 9105 times)
Velvet Hoop
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 02, 2013, 07:28:52 pm »

So news has just let out that Kevin Martin is signing with the Timberwolves. Now that our stopgap 6th man is gone, there is a lot of pressure on Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb, and/or Deandre Liggins to step up next year and take over that roll, all while making the James Harden trade look even worse.

I'm beginning to worry about the future of this team.
With Harden, there were no worries, the Thunder were poised for at least a decade of contention with the star studded young core of Westbrook, Durant, Harden, and Ibaka. We saw this postseason how vulnerable the Thunder are without Westbrook, and as fans it's our job to speculate and say "You know, if James Harden were still on this roster, maybe we could have made it past Memphis in the playoffs."

I know we still have a top 3 player in KD, a top 5 PG in Westbrook, and a top 10 PF in Ibaka, but I just don't think it is enough. Even if we had kept Martin, I don't think it would have been enough to take the next step and win a championship.  I just don't see this current team beating Miami in the finals, and I might go out on a limb and say I don't see them beating Indiana or Chicago if they somehow dethroned the Heat.

With so many teams out west getting better each year (GS, LAC, HOU) it makes the challenge of getting to the Finals that much harder, and then throw in trying to stop Miami on their quest for a 3-peat, you get a big mountain for OKC to climb.

I'm going to keep my faith in our GM Presti, our current stars, and young players, because that's what loyal fans do, but at I am beginning to worry about the future and this franchise's ability to win a championship.
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:44:25 pm »

There are still a few talented SG options out there, realistically they need someone to stretch the floor. Nick Young, Carlos Delfino, Anthony Morrow & Billups if he is keen on a chance of playing decent minutes on a contender
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:30:56 pm »

They'll sign Garcia and be better off.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:54:35 pm »

Garcia was great during the finals, he is definitely an option. Whoever they sign ideally needs to he able to play a few minutes at the 3 as well. There are still a few options out there who would be affordable if
OKC go after them..How much money do they have to spend? They still have the mini mid level and full mid level wouldn't they?
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 08:42:41 am »

They need to start developing Lamb and Perry anyway, so you might as well throw them right into the fire.
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 12:16:13 pm »

OKC needs to worry about the teams in the West before they worry about Miami, Indiana, and Chicago.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 12:06:41 am »

OKC will be fine the new CBA killed them but I think they will be able to recover.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 05:29:24 pm »
+1

Honestly, I'm still a little bit ***. We could've had like 3-4 classic Miami/OKC Finals. Harden trade, Westbrook injury. Talk about being robbed. Sad

LET'S GO HEAT.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 11:50:29 pm »

There are so many West teams we want the Heat to play.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 11:56:03 pm »

Honestly, I'm still a little bit ***. We could've had like 3-4 classic Miami/OKC Finals. Harden trade, Westbrook injury. Talk about being robbed. Sad

Just wait...Lamb will be better than Harden.

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 11:56:57 pm »

He will be a BEAST then!
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 12:03:28 am »

What's Lamb's game like anyways? I've never really seen him play, all I know is that he has potential.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 12:13:24 am »

He had a silky smooth jumper in college, he does have lots of potential.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 05:37:58 am »
+1

Is PJIII still with OKC? I used to beg Miami to draft that guy since I knew he was gonna slide down in the draft.

LET'S GO HEAT.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 11:35:05 pm »

Is PJIII still with OKC? I used to beg Miami to draft that guy since I knew he was gonna slide down in the draft.

According to espn he is still there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: