Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Granger Eager For George, Teammates To Take Pacers' Offensive Pressure Off Him  (Read 11544 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« on: September 20, 2013, 01:18:46 am »

Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 08:42:37 pm »
+1

Granger is confident he can co-exist with George.

I'm confident he and his expiring deal will be traded for the first deal that makes sense.  Unless they want to use him like Manu, Stephenson/George is more than adequate.  A PG maybe?  Scola should assume that 6th man role imo.

Granger for Rondo?
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 09:41:39 pm »
+1

I'm confident he and his expiring deal will be traded for the first deal that makes sense.  Unless they want to use him like Manu, Stephenson/George is more than adequate.  A PG maybe?  Scola should assume that 6th man role imo.

Granger for Rondo?

Lol that'd be sick.  But they'd have to throw in a few picks, or a few prospects. Cheesy

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 01:51:52 am »

Granger for Rondo?

I see Granger being the 6th man this year and then being allowed to expire.  I think Rondo is a bit of a pipe dream, plus Indy is getting very close to the tax line.  I think Indy would rather let Granger expire, to clear up the cap space for George's extension.

Oscar Rafone
MVP

Respect: +452

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 03:29:26 am »

Pacers still have to solve the problem that PG/SG rotations are pretty weak. Granger should better be used to solve this problem through a trade than serve as sixth man pushing George out of position to fill an hole at SG when they are both on the floor

Hill/Watson
Stephenson/O.Johnson

Granger + a pick for Dragic and Frye?

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 11:49:36 am »

Pacers still have to solve the problem that PG/SG rotations are pretty weak. Granger should better be used to solve this problem through a trade than serve as sixth man pushing George out of position to fill an hole at SG when they are both on the floor

Hill/Watson
Stephenson/O.Johnson

Granger + a pick for Dragic and Frye?

Hill was perfectly fine in the most effective line-up in the league (except for maybe on of Miami's line-ups) last season.

Watson is one of the best back-up PGs in the league. 

Stephenson, again, was fine in a super effective SLU last season.

Paul George will play back-up SG.  It is less of a problem then you are making it seem.  Whether he plays SG or SF, the ball will run through him, not Granger.

They are fine.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 12:25:53 am »
+1

Granger for Rondo?

Rondo would make the Pacers actually legit contenders.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 12:35:03 am »

Rondo would make the Pacers actually legit contenders.

First, LOL at "legit contenders."  The Pacers are already legit contenders.  they were the second best team in the East last season, and they are again this season.  How many teams go one game away from the Finals, but are not "legit contenders?"

Second, Rondo would be an upgrade, no doubt, but he does not really fit into that team's system very well.  I am not sure he would help the team enough to validate losing both Hill and Stephenson (Indiana would not be able to re-sign Stephenson and stay under the salary tax).

MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 11:19:04 am »

First, LOL at "legit contenders."  The Pacers are already legit contenders.  they were the second best team in the East last season, and they are again this season.  How many teams go one game away from the Finals, but are not "legit contenders?"

Second, Rondo would be an upgrade, no doubt, but he does not really fit into that team's system very well.  I am not sure he would help the team enough to validate losing both Hill and Stephenson (Indiana would not be able to re-sign Stephenson and stay under the salary tax).

Yeah, Kemba they are already legit contenders. Tongue

Who said anything about losing Hill though? Celtics would rather have a pick or two heading over with Granger rather than a quality player.

Also, Rondo would be fine in Indy, he plays good defense, and he'd vastly improve their offense.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Oscar Rafone
MVP

Respect: +452

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 12:31:33 pm »

Who said anything about losing Hill though? Celtics would rather have a pick or two heading over with Granger rather than a quality player.

Also, Rondo would be fine in Indy, he plays good defense, and he'd vastly improve their offense.
The purpose of adding Rondo would be to add him with the actual backcourt guys, not to add him to further weaken the overall depth . The problem is that Indy wasted picks in the past, so it's difficult to find something valuable that could interest Celtics,even sacrificing Stephenson if they want to go through the "win now route"

Granger expiring contracts + Stephenson + a contract to fill in(Mahinmi?) is probably not the best offer that Boston could receive for a package of, let's saying Rondo + contracts that Boston want to get rid of(G.Wallace or Bass+Lee)

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 08:49:07 pm »

I was thinking Hill was part of the trade.  Why would Boston trade Rondo for Granger, straight up?  In fact, Hill and Stephenson would probably have to be included.

Idiana's offense was not built around a primary ball handler last season.  That could change by adding Rondo, but I do not think it is necessary.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 01:22:09 am »

Maybe contender wasn't the right word but to have an actual chance, no way they will beat the Heat.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 01:31:47 am »

Maybe contender wasn't the right word but to have an actual chance, no way they will beat the Heat.

Except, they already came remarkably close and Indiana will be a better team next season.  What part of that do you not comprehend.  Indy is not guaranteed to beat the Heat, but the fact you seem certain it won't happen seems insane.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 01:41:31 am »

Except, they already came remarkably close and Indiana will be a better team next season.  What part of that do you not comprehend.  Indy is not guaranteed to beat the Heat, but the fact you seem certain it won't happen seems insane.

The series was not even that close. The Heat blew them out twice.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 09:20:07 am »

The series was not even that close. The Heat blew them out twice.

In the Finals, the Spurs blew out the Heat by nearly 40 points.  I guess that series "was not even that close."

In the first 6 games of that series the +/- between Indiana and the Heat was only +4 for the Heat.  That is pretty damn close.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: