Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Granger Eager For George, Teammates To Take Pacers' Offensive Pressure Off Him  (Read 11542 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 01:09:25 am »

Upgrades or players who appear as upgrades don't always work out.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 01:14:59 am »

Upgrades or players who appear as upgrades don't always work out.

There are no real square pegs for round holes though.  They needed firepower, and they got it in Granger and Copeland.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 01:17:19 am »

There are no real square pegs for round holes though.  They needed firepower, and they got it in Granger and Copeland.

You also seem to ignore the loss of Brian Shaw or at least underestimate it.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 01:23:27 am »

You also seem to ignore the loss of Brian Shaw or at least underestimate it.

I doubt it will make any real difference.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 01:44:59 am »

I doubt it will make any real difference.

Vogel basically called him as having a second head coach, I don't see how that can be deemed as insignificant. 
Oscar Rafone
MVP

Respect: +452

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 03:12:46 am »
+1

The level of the elite Eastern Conference teams has improved much in the off-season(Nets adding Kg-Pierce, Bulls having back Rose, Knicks improving a lot their depth , Heat adding talented guys that could potentially boost them) so being the reigning Eastern Conference runner-ups and being improved does not automatically mean that they will be contenders

They will likely be, but that's not for sure.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 08:46:44 am »

The level of the elite Eastern Conference teams has improved much in the off-season(Nets adding Kg-Pierce, Bulls having back Rose, Knicks improving a lot their depth , Heat adding talented guys that could potentially boost them) so being the reigning Eastern Conference runner-ups and being improved does not automatically mean that they will be contenders

They will likely be, but that's not for sure.

Knicks did not get better, they got worse.  I only see the Bulls being on Indy's level if Rose goes back to where he was after the injury, but that is not a guarantee.  I still say that even with the changes other teams made, Indy is still clearly the 2nd best team in the East.

Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2013, 09:50:17 am »

Knicks did not get better, they got worse. 
Come on, I know you don't like Bargnani at all, but Knicks added a lot of guys in this summer
They replaced a washed up Kidd, Brewer/White, Copeland and the plethora of end of the bench big mans that they were forced to play with Udrih,Metta,Tim hardaway, Cj leslie and maybe some other guy out of training camp
They will have Iman and K-Mart from the start of the season
They are definitively improved

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2013, 10:10:09 am »

Come on, I know you don't like Bargnani at all, but Knicks added a lot of guys in this summer
They replaced a washed up Kidd, Brewer/White, Copeland and the plethora of end of the bench big mans that they were forced to play with Udrih,Metta,Tim hardaway, Cj leslie and maybe some other guy out of training camp
They will have Iman and K-Mart from the start of the season
They are definitively improved

Kidd and Copeland were very important in two different runs that the team went on.  Also, Brewer was very important at the beginning of the season.  Metta is terrible, and Udrih will be 3rd in the PG rotation.

Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2013, 10:56:32 am »

Kidd and Copeland were very important in two different runs that the team went on.  Also, Brewer was very important at the beginning of the season.  Metta is terrible, and Udrih will be 3rd in the PG rotation.
Nah, last season Knicks went by runs. A great run followed by a terrible run and so on. Kidd was great early on and then was terrible for the rest of the season, Copeland went from 0 to hero and then reverted back
This season Knicks are much more deep and solid throughout the season

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2013, 11:24:04 am »

Nah, last season Knicks went by runs. A great run followed by a terrible run and so on. Kidd was great early on and then was terrible for the rest of the season, Copeland went from 0 to hero and then reverted back
This season Knicks are much more deep and solid throughout the season

I disagree.  IMO they will not match the 54 wins from last season, and they are destined for another 2nd round exit.  I see them as a 4th or 5th seed.

MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2013, 12:42:53 pm »
+1

Metta is terrible

Sad

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2013, 12:55:06 am »

Sad

Old but not terrible. Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: