Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pistons Choosing Between Billups, Stuckey As Starting Shooting Guard  (Read 9339 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« on: October 09, 2013, 12:38:19 am »

Maurice Cheeks will choose between Chauncey Billups and Rodney Stuckey for the starting shooting guard spot in the Detroit Pistons' lineup.

Cheeks could change his mind, but he said he is a "veteran's coach."

The Pistons signed Billups to a free agent contract in the offseason.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230150/Pistons-Choosing-Between-Billups-Stuckey-As-Starting-Shooting-Guard

Any Pistons fans want to opine on this?
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 12:44:45 am »
+1

Billups leading his team back to the playoffs starting at SG before he retires? Sure!  I think Stuckey will be the better option though...Rest Billups til you need him, give Stuckey the starter minutes/wear and tear.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Oscar Rafone
MVP

Respect: +452

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 04:07:24 am »
+1

The key is what Cheeks thinks about KCP development. He is the starter of the future at Sg, and he needs to get the best pairing possible with the PG that will play with him in the 2nd unit, at least at the start of the season
Bynum and Stuckey aren't great passers, and Billups at this point is just a bit better than them. The best pairing will be Jennings, but KCP is not considered ready yet to start. So, at this point, you should surround him at least with a slasher to free space for him on the perimter, and at this point he should be paired with Stuckey/Bynum, and Billups would get the starting SG nod, even if his PT should be limited

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:53:56 pm »
+1

I'd start Billups.
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 12:59:01 pm »
+1

The key is what Cheeks thinks about KCP development. He is the starter of the future at Sg, and he needs to get the best pairing possible with the PG that will play with him in the 2nd unit, at least at the start of the season
Bynum and Stuckey aren't great passers, and Billups at this point is just a bit better than them. The best pairing will be Jennings, but KCP is not considered ready yet to start. So, at this point, you should surround him at least with a slasher to free space for him on the perimter, and at this point he should be paired with Stuckey/Bynum, and Billups would get the starting SG nod, even if his PT should be limited
you can just pair him with Jennings, though.  basketball teams don't sub players like in hockey- there's no swapping full lines.  KCP can play next to Jennings and Billups for most of his minutes.  it's not an issue.
Stationary Traveller
a.k.a. byExpert
MVP

Metamorphosis

Respect: +24

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 01:09:10 pm »
+1

Starter? Not an easy one and I don't think it matters too much either. The playing time they get would be more of a discussion that is prior.

Who do you close out the game with? Now that's an easy one to decide, at least for me Wink

“-Do you hate people?
 -I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.”
― Charles Bukowski
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 03:26:30 pm »
+1

Starter? Not an easy one and I don't think it matters too much either. The playing time they get would be more of a discussion that is prior.

Who do you close out the game with? Now that's an easy one to decide, at least for me Wink

Bynum?

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 02:09:17 am »

Stuckey?
Stationary Traveller
a.k.a. byExpert
MVP

Metamorphosis

Respect: +24

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 02:41:56 am »

Bynum?

As a shooting guard? I don't think so.

“-Do you hate people?
 -I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.”
― Charles Bukowski
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 10:16:14 am »
+1

As a shooting guard? I don't think so.

I was just kidding.. Cheesy I'd end the game with a Jennings-Billups backcourt.

smeagal
Undrafted

Respect: +159

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 08:53:42 pm »
+2

based drummond lol breh

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 01:27:23 am »

I was just kidding.. Cheesy I'd end the game with a Jennings-Billups backcourt.

Hopefully Cheeks thinks like you.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 03:43:35 pm »
+1

So since Jennings and Stuckey are out, is it going to be a Billups-Pope combo or Billups-Bynum combo to start off the season?

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 03:05:41 am »

I will go with Billups.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 04:59:30 am »