Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Spurs Trades ?  (Read 3961 times)
Sweetey
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: June 27, 2007, 12:05:01 pm »

Rumors around San Antonio are that Grant Hill is really trying to come to the Spurs.  I sure hope he doesn't.  Our players are getting up in years and Hill has had far too many injuries, is 35 years old, and far too expensive.  I just don't see Holt/Robinson and Pop agreeing to taking him.  We need to concentrate on getting younger guys -- not older.
French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 12:32:23 pm »

Finley has decided to stay in San antonio so I don't think they need Grand Hill now.......

td21
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:46:33 pm »

no ship sinkers, sorry grant but we have enough people that have jumped on the ship. we are old enough already and we already have depth, only way it can happen if we get rid of brent.
French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 12:52:22 pm »

no ship sinkers, sorry grant but we have enough people that have jumped on the ship

Grant Hill will never be a "ship sinkers"!!!

td21
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 12:56:03 pm »

Quote from: "French-Kobe"
no ship sinkers, sorry grant but we have enough people that have jumped on the ship

dosn't matter who you are, it's obvious what he's trying to do, well another one, NO STOAWAYS. Cool
Sweetey
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 02:19:09 pm »

Quote from: "td21"
Quote from: "French-Kobe"

dosn't matter who you are, it's obvious what he's trying to do, well another one, NO STOAWAYS. Cool

Yep, Hill knows his days are numbered and he wants that ring before he retires.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 02:37:46 pm »

brent barry cant run with the rest anymore so id be happy if the spurs have him(hill)

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Sweetey
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 02:41:30 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
brent barry cant run with the rest anymore so id be happy if the spurs have him(hill)

With Hill's history of injuries, knees, groin pull, etc. combined with his age, I'm not so sure he will hold up long enough to run with anybody.  He's damaged goods and not worth the money.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 03:14:08 pm »

yeah, our system is based on healthy players, if your not you are useless sitting begind the bench for half the season. we don't have anyone to compensate for barry being gone and hill being injured.
Sweetey
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 04:43:08 pm »

Just saw on KSAT (San Antonio News Channel) that Finley declined to opt out and will be staying on with us and also that Oberto has stated that he definitely plans to stay with us (I think he has to wait until July 1 to officially re-signed) as he is an unrestricted free agent.  So my SPURS are good to go for a REPEAT and become a bonafide DYNASTY  !

td21
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 05:56:59 am »

only person we're losing so far is elson, at least he's testing free agency.
legenderypete
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 07:05:09 am »

oberto and elson should be re-signed they both played well in the playoffs with there defence and keepin the ball alive on the boards, they both play important parts as roleplayers this year, and where a big stepup over rasho and nazr
td21
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 07:06:59 am »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
oberto and elson should be re-signed they both played well in the playoffs with there defence and keepin the ball alive on the boards, they both play important parts as roleplayers this year, and where a big stepup over rasho and nazr

yeah, overall i say we at least hang onto oberto, elson will no doubt be tougher to sign especially after his performance in the later stages of the playoffs.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 08:11:16 am »

hell be back if hes offered maybe starting job

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
td21
All-Star

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 11:08:02 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
hell be back if hes offered maybe starting job

never guaranteed if your a player like him and popovich is your coach.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: