Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris Paul, J.J. Redick Needed To Get Over Dislike Of Each Other  (Read 5968 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« on: October 18, 2013, 12:28:27 am »

Chris Paul and J.J. Redick held a dislike toward each other as opponents at Wake Forest and Duke, respectively, and then carried over the hatred in the NBA.

Both guards had to get over their rocky relationship when they became Los Angeles Clippers teammates in the offseason.

"We have actually had a chance to become real close, real quick," Paul said. "Who would have thought after the battles we had in college. ... Before I got to know him he was no friend of mine. It is what it is. But that's how it was in college."

Said Redick: "We connected right away."

The boiling point between Paul and Redick came in the summer of 2004 when both were counselors at the Jordan Brand Camp in Santa Barbara, Calif. During a scrimmage between the two, Redick became so irritated that he struck Paul.

"I actually had to apologize to him," Redick said. "…I put my hands on him during a game. It was a hand to the face type of move. I don't know how to describe it.

"We were in the dorm at UC Santa Barbara, and I was told I had to apologize to him. I knew he didn't like me then, but he did [accept the apology]."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230272/Chris-Paul-JJ-Redick-Needed-To-Get-Over-Dislike-Of-Each-Other

This will seem like no big news to some but if you are a college basketball fan or read college basketball message boards you remember how heated that rivalry got while these two guys were participants.
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 12:28:07 pm »
+1

Guess Redick won't get many touches while CP3's in then. Cheesy

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 02:00:02 am »

Guess Redick won't get many touches while CP3's in then. Cheesy

I vaguely remember CP3 kicking someone from Duke in the nuts one year, I guess it wasn't J.J.
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 08:56:54 pm »
+1

I'm sure they don't really dislike one another.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 12:03:19 am »

I hope not for the team unity's sake.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: