Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the Bulls get compensation for Deng via a trade ?
No, let him walk - 2 (14.3%)
Yes, for the right deal - 8 (57.1%)
Yes, something is better than nothing. - 4 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Deng's future ?  (Read 19739 times)
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« on: October 20, 2013, 07:03:58 am »

Just read on here that Minnesota is still looking for a small forward. This time to back-up Corey Brewer? ...So Corey is their starter now ? Bulls need to get involved. I know a lot of people love Luol Deng and what he means to the team, but I fear he is playing his last games as a Bull. I feel this summer he will pull a " Ben Gordon" and sign a ridicules deal with other team. So should the Bulls find some compensation for him before the deadline ? I mean. What if Detroit did a sign and trade back then with us and gave up there 2013 1st... Remember this was awhile back, and nobody knew about Andrew Wiggins who was still in Elementary school...lol. I just feel the Bulls need to be active and try to get a future 1st round pick off some team for Deng. They are out there, but the Bulls have to shop.

Here is a bogus deal I did just for curiosity. In the deal Chicago would get Minnesota's future 1st of 2016.

Post deal or comments you have in the comments.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l94dxg5
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:11:31 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 09:37:48 am »

I feel like ive said this 100 times this off-season, but the Bulls aren't trading Deng.  He's either re-signing or walking. The Bulls will simply never be in a position to sell.  Even last year, without Derrick flipping Rose, this team was no where near sell mode.  Why are people so fast to break up the best bulls lineup in the last 10+ seasons? It's not going to happen.  
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:40:51 am by No Pressure » Logged

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 09:39:32 am »

Also you can keep all your Deng insight to one thread, no need to keep making new Deng threads.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 01:48:32 am »

Get what you can for him (reasonable deal) has to be the only option here.
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 11:14:13 am »

Get what you can for him (reasonable deal) has to be the only option here.

Yeah right. Rose comes back and looks like his former self, perhaps even better, and you think the Bulls are going to ship out Thibs' favorite player and a key to our success on both ends of the floor rather than giving this team a chance in the playoffs? No chance in hell.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 01:01:10 am »

Yeah right. Rose comes back and looks like his former self, perhaps even better, and you think the Bulls are going to ship out Thibs' favorite player and a key to our success on both ends of the floor rather than giving this team a chance in the playoffs? No chance in hell.

You are fine with risking letting him walk for nothing?
Perd Hapley
Starter

Respect: +951

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 08:57:31 am »

Who's gonna trade for him?
dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 11:11:24 am »
+1

Who's gonna trade for him?
Off the top of my head, maybe Minnesota? They have a bunch of good players ready to compete (Rubio, Shved, Love, Pekovic) and are planning on starting Brewer at the SF spot if I'm not mistaken. I've said it before and I'll say it again though, I think Deng's value is higher to Thibs and the Bulls than what anyone would be willing to give up for him, so it probably wouldn't be worth making a trade.

Edit: Add Martin to the list of good players ready to compete. They have the offense to compete, but pretty much no defense. Deng would actually be a really solid fit there IMO.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:30:38 am by dabulls1 » Logged
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 11:41:45 am »

Yeah but then who would the Bulls get back in a trade with them?
Oscar Rafone
MVP

Respect: +452

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 01:34:00 pm »
+1

Brewer and Derrick Williams that would be definitively closed in Minnie + maybe fillers(cunningham?turiaf?picks?)

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 02:12:43 pm »

Yeah, I am. I'd rather see what happens in the playoffs with a team that is finally back intact rather than trade him for spare parts and horse shit just because he might leave after this season and be weaker for the playoffs. I'll take the little bit of financial relief and reevaluate from there.

If the Bulls are a contender with Deng and should trade him because he might walk at the end of the season, why would a shitty team trade for Deng when he might walk at the end of the season?

Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 03:01:14 pm »

Glad to read some comments. The problem is that there best deals for Deng are ones that include potential future high draft choices. Any team on a one year rental will at best give you slightly less talent back in return. Then the Bulls could be on the hook for those salaries. So as I see it the best move in a trade is to get expiring contracts and a future potential gem pick. And of course I agree they need to get something for him. Since Jimmy can play 2 or 3 ... I say you get a nice wing and a center. Maybe a young player at wing that hasn't panned out yet, but is still at a low salary. And a vet center with a year left and still some full in the tank. Deng is at 14 mil ... So a wing at 5 or 6 mil... and a Center at 8 or 9 mil. with a year left. oh.... and that draft pick...lol. Smiley

This team without Deng and a fully recovered D-Rose can win it all. <===Quote that. Smiley
dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 04:05:25 pm »

I do not know. He does fit well for them though.
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 04:39:00 pm »

This team without Deng and a fully recovered D-Rose can win it all. <===Quote that. Smiley

This will not happen. Feel free to quote that as well.

Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 08:11:24 pm »

This will not happen. Feel free to quote that as well.

In 2011 with Deng and Rose Against Heat in playoffs Bulls : One Win Heat: Four Wins

In 2013 without Deng and Rose Against Heat in playoffs Bulls: One Win Heat: Four Wins

So my point is the Bulls are just as good with or without Deng. And if he will walk then they need to get something for him... I don't it making the team weaker.

I feel the Bulls management has decided what they plan to do with Deng all ready. If they planned to come up with the cash , they would have all ready. You don't wait to summer free agency to see if the price goes down. And Deng is threw too... beyond this year. His camp knows the Bulls aren't raising the price to the level he wants or they would have all ready. Any contract would nt even start until next year, so the cap this year wouldn't be effected.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Jump to: