Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the Bulls get compensation for Deng via a trade ?
No, let him walk - 2 (14.3%)
Yes, for the right deal - 8 (57.1%)
Yes, something is better than nothing. - 4 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Deng's future ?  (Read 19738 times)
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 08:13:36 pm »

Yeah, I am. I'd rather see what happens in the playoffs with a team that is finally back intact rather than trade him for spare parts and horse shit just because he might leave after this season and be weaker for the playoffs. I'll take the little bit of financial relief and reevaluate from there.

If the Bulls are a contender with Deng and should trade him because he might walk at the end of the season, why would a shitty team trade for Deng when he might walk at the end of the season?

I don't think it would be a shitty team. I think it would be a team that needs one extra piece or a team that hopes by getting to know Deng for part of a season might sway him toward signing with that franchise, who would have the rights to sign him to the biggest deal.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 08:28:28 pm »
+2

In 2011 with Deng and Rose Against Heat in playoffs Bulls : One Win Heat: Four Wins

In 2013 without Deng and Rose Against Heat in playoffs Bulls: One Win Heat: Four Wins

the fact you took the time to color code that statistic is hilarious.  I mean c'mon man.

Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 10:02:23 pm »

these last playoffs showed just how expendable he is imo, as butler is primed to duplicate his role

unless it's a home run deal that infuses some offense into the team, preferably a 2. Otherwise I'm with repeat, ride it out for one more playoff run, then let em walk if need be.
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 10:15:38 pm »

In 2011 with Deng and Rose Against Heat in playoffs Bulls : One Win Heat: Four Wins

In 2013 without Deng and Rose Against Heat in playoffs Bulls: One Win Heat: Four Wins

So my point is the Bulls are just as good with or without Deng. And if he will walk then they need to get something for him... I don't it making the team weaker.

Wow, looks like Rose is expendable also!

Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 10:37:48 pm »

Actually I'm fully with repeat now that I think about it, Deng walks and for once it would make complete sense to amnesty boozer if it meant carving out space for a potential free agent prize.  Short math I'm thinking about 15mil in cap, too bad Kobe will be washed up lol.  

Very attractive pieces here to play with:
Rose
Butler
Gibson
Noah

Wow, looks like Rose is expendable also!
just if it's a home run deal in regards to Deng.  Even though he was out as well, Rose is completely different, you know it.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 12:37:50 am »

If the Bulls are a contender with Deng and should trade him because he might walk at the end of the season, why would a shitty team trade for Deng when he might walk at the end of the season?

I'd assume they'd want some kind of promise about re-signing. I guess I see your POV, That is how Cho looks at losing a player anyway as not losing a player but gaining cap space.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 12:46:39 pm »

That's how the Bulls look at it anyway. Their at 11mil and Deng's people are at 14.5 mil per. PLus, the Bulls have to look at the tax levied b/c they re-signed Deng. So to me the Bulls f/o is showing signs of "unless he's willing to drop his price were done with Loul" I can remember reading on here many diff ppl posting they felt Deng's salary should be between 8-10 mil. And 12 at the most. And the Bulls offered him 11 mil. So now for me it's time to see if they can gain more then mire cap space from Deng. Maybe get a young wing to pair with Butler. Or a future 1st from a team that should play poorly in the next 3 years, buts front office thinks future is much more promising, and wouldnt value the pick as much. The team I always think of is the Dallas Mavericks, but their are others.

I think both sides will talk again before next summer, and I'm thinking it will be around Christmas. If going into the trade deadline, the Bulls f/o hasn't seen signs Deng is willing to play ball on their terms... Then he gone in a trade.... I think unless they re-sign him before the deadline he gets traded away. The difference between Lu and BG's situation is that BG was coming off a much smaller contract when he walked for the Pistons. Lu is coming off two All-star games and his deal will net some team a lot of cap space... so he has value around the league.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:51:05 pm by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 01:58:44 am »

I hope they at least start talking about it again.
royslist
Starter

Respect: +13

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 10:02:50 pm »
+1

Trade Deng for a #1 pick.   
Hold onto that amnesty, very well may need it for Rose.
Let Boozer walk after next year.
Basically, time to rebuild.

Still have Noah, Taj, Real Madrid kid, Butler, Charlotte pick, Bulls' picks.  Deng pick ...

"I'm in the 'front end' of the Top 10 PG's in the league" - Mario Chalmers
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 12:10:08 am »

That is actually a great idea.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 11:53:11 pm »
+1

Trade Deng for a #1 pick.   
Hold onto that amnesty, very well may need it for Rose.
Let Boozer walk after next year.
Basically, time to rebuild.

Still have Noah, Taj, Real Madrid kid, Butler, Charlotte pick, Bulls' picks.  Deng pick ...

Here's the problem, what team is going to offer a lottery(or so) pick for free agent to be Luol Deng?  The Bulls aren't really in a position to ask for a premium price.  His salary makes it a hard trade in the first place, and it's hard to find a team that happens to need a SF that would also be willing to lock him up long term.  Just an ugly scenario that will require most likely more than one team.  If the Bulls pawn off Noah and Deng, i find it pretty hard to believe Thibs would be happy with the Front Office. 

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 03:42:22 am »

Thibs may walk off during the season if that happened.
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 10:30:31 am »

Definitely Deng's last season in Chicago.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 02:10:21 pm »

The trick with Deng is as everyone has said is "what team gives you a 1st for him?" and there will not be many, BUT a team with a small market that finds it hard to attract FA's may go along with say a 2015 or 2016 first, thinking having Deng in the fold will buy them some loyalty before summer. It would have to be a team of young guys with no vet presentence ... And willing to waste one of their firsts to get closer to Deng..lol.

Other then that, then its D-Rose... or the rights too I mean... The rights to D-Rose might get you Wiggins or Parker...

You can ship Noah or Taj, but not sure you get back equal bigs....

Bottom line its  "Find a new star time in Chicago.."

HorusAdoresUs
Benchwarmer

Respect: +144

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2013, 02:15:45 pm »

Rose cannot be amnestied; amnesty can only be used on a contract that was in effect BEFORE the CBA--his was after.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Jump to: