Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the Bulls get compensation for Deng via a trade ?
No, let him walk - 2 (14.3%)
Yes, for the right deal - 8 (57.1%)
Yes, something is better than nothing. - 4 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Deng's future ?  (Read 19742 times)
dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2013, 03:12:44 pm »

That's the kind of trade I wouldn't mind. If we don't plan on resigning Deng for a reasonable price (which he might not accept), then take a flyer on a young player like Waiters and add some much needed big man depth with Varejao. The contracts work out well too for the Bulls since Andy's runs out the same time as Boozer's (let's face it, we are too cheap to amnesty him) and Waiters will still have one more year on his rookie deal.

I've been saying for a long time that Deng would be a perfect fit at the 3 in Cleveland. I don't think they give up a pick with this package to get him though unless it's a second rounder. A couple other potential problems are the fact that Deng can walk after the year, and they might not trust Bynum's health enough to let Varejao go. Player-wise though, I love the idea of Deng in the starting lineup if I'm Cleveland.

At least this one could have some sort of shot at happening. Much more realistic than your last 2 proposals, good job.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2013, 02:59:14 am »

I think Waiters will flourish in a change of scenery.
Fitz
Journeyman

Respect: +9

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2013, 08:40:40 am »

I would love it if Varejao was on the Bulls but he would be an expensive backup, even if it would lessen the load on Noah. Unless they found a way to work it where they play really big (2 of Noah/Varejao/Boozer with Taj at SF), I don't see enough minutes to go around there for how much that front court would cost. And that would make the team struggle to score even more so than now (which would happen anyway if you trade Deng...easily the best player on the team right now, especially considering how well he's done since The Injury: Part 2). Although the possibility of the epic hair duo of Noah and Varejao playing together tempts me.

Waiters obviously could be hit or miss but I think it could be a good fit and could be a bargain. If this deal was made hopefully between Waiters and Snell there is (at least) a starting NBA shooting guard there eventually.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2013, 10:49:31 am »

I would love it if Varejao was on the Bulls but he would be an expensive backup, even if it would lessen the load on Noah. Unless they found a way to work it where they play really big (2 of Noah/Varejao/Boozer with Taj at SF), I don't see enough minutes to go around there for how much that front court would cost. And that would make the team struggle to score even more so than now (which would happen anyway if you trade Deng...easily the best player on the team right now, especially considering how well he's done since The Injury: Part 2). Although the possibility of the epic hair duo of Noah and Varejao playing together tempts me.

Waiters obviously could be hit or miss but I think it could be a good fit and could be a bargain. If this deal was made hopefully between Waiters and Snell there is (at least) a starting NBA shooting guard there eventually.
The cost really isn't the issue. The point of the trade is to get a young asset like Waiters and hope he flourishes here. Varejao's contract runs out the same time Boozer's does so it works out perfectly. That's like !
$25 mil coming off the books after next year in addition to taking a chance on Waiters. Getting Varejao lightens the load on Noah during a mini-rebuild or potentially leaves you open to trading Noah if a great offer comes in.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2013, 11:02:20 pm »

I actually think Waiters has next year plus a team opt and the a qualify year ..

http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/cavaliers.jsp

Talk about Jeremy Lin too... but I think he is too pricey for a band-aid...

http://www.ibtimes.com/jeremy-lin-trade-rumors-2013-bulls-lakers-top-destinations-rockets-point-guard-1515740

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chicago-bulls-luol-deng-jeremy-lin-omer-asik-154500596--nba.html

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 11:06:31 pm by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2013, 02:51:12 am »

Yes, Lin is too pricey.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2013, 09:14:07 am »

I didn't read the links but I'd rather keep Deng than trade him for Lin if that's what it's about.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2013, 10:38:12 am »

The Deng situation has a lot of variables... But bottom line is they aren't paying him the 14 million per he wants... and he isn't excepting the 11 million per they offered. There is a lot of time until the trade deadline, and in the end if he walks I feel they see that as a win too. Because they end up not looking like the bad guys, and they don't have to take on salaries. The closer to the deadline historically teams get more anxious, so they will just sit & wait. Saying they don't plan to move him just makes teams try harder to get him. The mistake their making is that even though they have a 'bromance' with Deng, the rest of the league doesn't. The same goes for Deng saying "he wants to retire a bull." , will see what he says this summer when teams start offering him 'Joe Johnson' deals..lol. $$$

Boozer for Pau ? : http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pn4vh3d
(sweeten that with a future 1st in either 2015,2016 & LA may bite)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:08:41 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2013, 03:12:20 am »

I think he is as good as gone at the deadline no matter what the FO says.
dcenate05050
Starter

Respect: +152

« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2013, 10:24:01 pm »

Dengs reoccurring injury problems aren't helping the Bulls front office. I think the Bulls keep him and try to work out a long term deal.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2013, 11:35:16 pm »

Yeah not helping in terms of trading him, even though i've said 1343248093840 times that there isn't a team in the NBA that can win now, absorb Deng's contract, extend him next season, AND give the Bulls value on top of that.. Deng extension makes sense, Jimmy Butler isn't the next Luol Deng.

As much as i'd like to see this team start over completely and rebuild, it's probably not going to happen.  The Bulls will knock it down when Rose is finished or out of Chicago. Until then the Bulls have to surround Rose with talent, and Luol Deng is the best unrestricted small forward on the market. Considering the Bulls don't have many other options in terms of adding talent, letting Deng walk for nothing would be pretty shocking. 

dabulls1
Star

« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2013, 07:30:40 am »

Yeah not helping in terms of trading him, even though i've said 1343248093840 times that there isn't a team in the NBA that can win now, absorb Deng's contract, extend him next season, AND give the Bulls value on top of that.. Deng extension makes sense, Jimmy Butler isn't the next Luol Deng.
  As much as i'd like to see this team start over completely and rebuild, it's probably not going to happen.  The Bulls will knock it down when Rose is finished or out of Chicago. Until then the Bulls have to surround Rose with talent, and Luol Deng is the best unrestricted small forward on the market. Considering the Bulls don't have many other options in terms of adding talent, letting Deng walk for nothing would be pretty shocking.  
That's debatable. I think he's a perfect fit for the Cavs and would make them significantly better right now. Then they could either resign him or let him walk if LeBron actually does want to come back. The problem with that is what we get back though. Before the last week or 2 I thought Waiters could potentially be dangled out there since he wasn't playing very well and all the stories I've heard seemed like they were getting sick of some of his attitude and ***. Before he got hurt he started to flash for a few games though, so it probably was enough to buy him some time at least. If we could do Luol for Waiters+fillers I'd be all over taking a chance on that.

I also thought the Kings would have been a great fit. He would have been a significantly better option than Rudy Gay for them IMO, but we missed our chance there.
dcenate05050
Starter

Respect: +152

« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2013, 12:40:48 pm »

That's debatable. I think he's a perfect fit for the Cavs and would make them significantly better right now. Then they could either resign him or let him walk if LeBron actually does want to come back. The problem with that is what we get back though. Before the last week or 2 I thought Waiters could potentially be dangled out there since he wasn't playing very well and all the stories I've heard seemed like they were getting sick of some of his attitude and ***. Before he got hurt he started to flash for a few games though, so it probably was enough to buy him some time at least. If we could do Luol for Waiters+fillers I'd be all over taking a chance on that.

I also thought the Kings would have been a great fit. He would have been a significantly better option than Rudy Gay for them IMO, but we missed our chance there.

Deng rental for Waiters is not going to happen. Bulls need to add a 2014 1st and take a filler back than maybe the Cavs consider it. Dengs salary makes it tricky for teams to deal for and again that nagging injury. His value is very low at best. Bulls are best to just keep him or hope for a sign and trade deal this summer.

Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2013, 01:59:57 pm »

I got a crystal ball for Christmas... I asked it about Deng's future. It told me the Bulls won't trade him... And this summer he signs a big deal with another team.

Which for me is better then the Bulls giving him "Josh Smith" money or taking back crappy contracts for him that will take years to come off the books.

Bulls want an expiring and a 1st round pick (not happening)

Carlos Boozer
Luol Deng
Jimmy Butler
Marques Teague

to Lakers for

Pau Gasol
Wesley Johnson
Steve Blake
Lakers future 1st

« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 02:07:49 pm by Da_Madhouse » Logged
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2013, 11:29:55 pm »
+1

I got a crystal ball for Christmas... I asked it about Deng's future. It told me the Bulls won't trade him... And this summer he signs a big deal with another team.

Which for me is better then the Bulls giving him "Josh Smith" money or taking back crappy contracts for him that will take years to come off the books.

Bulls want an expiring and a 1st round pick (not happening)

Carlos Boozer
Luol Deng
Jimmy Butler
Marques Teague

to Lakers for

Pau Gasol
Wesley Johnson
Steve Blake
Lakers future 1st

I'd rather have Jimmy Butler than any piece/$savings in that trade.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Jump to: