Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the Bulls get compensation for Deng via a trade ?
No, let him walk - 2 (14.3%)
Yes, for the right deal - 8 (57.1%)
Yes, something is better than nothing. - 4 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deng's future ?  (Read 19740 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2013, 01:10:54 am »

^Unless the Lakers first is this years I agree.
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2013, 01:20:56 am »

This is an awful trade.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2013, 01:44:26 am »

This is an awful trade.

Are you not a fan of Deng?
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2013, 02:24:15 am »
+1

Are you not a fan of Deng?

Hahaha I am a fan of Deng, I meant that it's terrible for Chicago.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2013, 08:44:09 am »

Lu is a good all-around player, and IF he would sign for less money it's worth it. However, he will get PAID this summer. If Josh Smith and A.I. got 14 mil plus a season, Lu will get 16 or 17 mil per. That's too much money for a 30 year old third option on offense, that's body is all ready breaking down... sorry. And letting a talent walk is dumb. That trade costs you Jimmy Butler and you get a pick and rid of Boozer w/o using an Amnesty clause. With the Lakers pick you can draft another Jimmy Butler type or with the cap space you can sign Thabo this summer. 
dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2013, 02:43:56 pm »
+1

Lu is a good all-around player, and IF he would sign for less money it's worth it. However, he will get PAID this summer. If Josh Smith and A.I. got 14 mil plus a season, Lu will get 16 or 17 mil per. That's too much money for a 30 year old third option on offense, that's body is all ready breaking down... sorry. And letting a talent walk is dumb. That trade costs you Jimmy Butler and you get a pick and rid of Boozer w/o using an Amnesty clause. With the Lakers pick you can draft another Jimmy Butler type or with the cap space you can sign Thabo this summer. 
That is horrible logic. There is a 0.0000000001% chance Luol is getting 16 or 17 mil per year. And I'd rather have Jimmy than Thabo or another "Jimmy Butler type." We aren't getting the Lakers first this year, and I can guarantee their rebuild will be quick.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2013, 05:24:19 pm »

will see...  Smiley
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2013, 01:45:50 am »

Hahaha I am a fan of Deng, I meant that it's terrible for Chicago.

Gotcha, I will turn you into a Duke fan before long.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2014, 09:22:17 am »

The bottom line was the Bulls knew Deng wasn't signing for what they felt his market value was, and that waiting until summer was pointless. So they traded him away and got Cleveland to fork over assets to have a guy play on there team for half a season. Then this summer he will become a free agent. I feel he will get paid, how much? well more then the 10 or 12 million Bulls fans were blogging about, more then Iggy and Josh Smith got last summer. I've said 16 to 17 million, but I'm sure it will be for higher then he got this year. However, if I and Rudy Deng's agent were wrong, and Deng's real market value was close to what the Bulls felt originally, don't be surprised to see Deng right back with the Bulls.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2014, 02:13:20 am »
+1

The Bulls got what they could, it could have been worse, they could have not got any compensation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Jump to: