Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PHX - IND - MIL  (Read 1731 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: October 28, 2013, 10:28:50 am »

Suns trade Goran Dragic to Indiana

Pacers trade Danny Granger and CJ Watson to Milwaukee and their 2016 first round pick to Phoenix

Bucks trade Caron Butler to Indiana and John Henson and Luke Ridnour to Phoenix

Deal can't be done until Dec 15, when Watson can be traded.

Suns collect a young big that showed promise last season, add another one of Indiana's first rounders and an expiring contract in Ridnour. This clears the way for Bledsoe to start at point with Ridnour off the bench.

Pacers move on from Granger, add Dragic and Butler to be their bench to create an awesome 8 man rotation for the playoffs. Starting 5, plus Dragic, Butler, and Scola off the bench.

Milwaukee upgrades the SF spot, someone that is a bon-a-fide scorer in the league. A Henson-Sanders frontline, while awesome defensively, could be equally as bad offensively. Now they can start Knight/Mayo/Granger/Ilyasova/Sanders with Watson/Neal/Delfino/Udoh/Pachulia, and anthing Antetokounmpo can give you off the bench. Pretty good, and keeps their financial options open.

MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:49:41 am »

Wouldn't Dragic be able to beat Hill out for the starting spot? I don't mind this trade though.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:52:31 am »

Milwaukee says no.  Henson will be too good to give him up for this package.

phxnation
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 12:10:39 pm »

I love this trade, we get a pick and Prospect in Henson.

BUT....How about this trade?

Rockets receive - Goran Dragic

Suns Receive - Kendrick Perkins (buy-out) & Jeremy Lamb

Thunder receive - Omer Asik

OKC the clear winner of this trade IMO
thetreesarenice
Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 01:16:59 pm »

The Bucks trade John Henson for Danny Granger and CJ Watson? Come on bro....

Being a basketball fan you should know Henson is a big part of the Bucks plan going forward. Trading him away for a guy who never plays, and a back up PG is a horrible idea that the Bucks would never even consider.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 02:30:43 pm »

I love this trade, we get a pick and Prospect in Henson.

BUT....How about this trade?

OKC the clear winner of this trade IMO

I love this trade.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 03:03:16 pm »

I agree with Madawg. This trade is very simple, but seems to benefit all teams.  

However, I don't know that the Rockets would want Dragic, Lin, and Beverly on their roster; maybe this deal would be coupled with another.

Also, the Thunder would need something to replace Lamb.  Though he may not be great, they probably need a good backup SG behind Thabo (who is actually excellent).  Maybe if they got Gerald Green from the Suns?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:05:50 pm by Ross983 » Logged
phxnation
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 03:13:05 pm »

I'd give up Green.

But I think I would rather take OKC's first rounder than Lamb, with the exception of Lamb's last preseason game against Chicago (22 pts) he has been pretty bad when given a ton of minutes.

Plus we will need to start developing Archie Goodwin this year.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 03:58:36 pm »

I'd give up Green.

But I think I would rather take OKC's first rounder than Lamb, with the exception of Lamb's last preseason game against Chicago (22 pts) he has been pretty bad when given a ton of minutes.

Plus we will need to start developing Archie Goodwin this year.
Lamb is going to be better than Goodwin. Lamb will most likely be a better piece going forward than a 25-30 draft pick.
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 05:25:09 pm »

Milwaukee says no.  Henson will be too good to give him up for this package.

But don't Henson and Sanders do a lot of the same things? How are they ever going to play them together?

Being a small market and never able to sign free agents, Milwaukee has to take risks other teams won't take. If Granger can be 90% of what he was, that's a good trade for them. They are gambling on his health, and if it doesn't work out they aren't taking on a long term contract.
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 05:28:55 pm »

I agree with Madawg. This trade is very simple, but seems to benefit all teams.  

However, I don't know that the Rockets would want Dragic, Lin, and Beverly on their roster; maybe this deal would be coupled with another.

Also, the Thunder would need something to replace Lamb.  Though he may not be great, they probably need a good backup SG behind Thabo (who is actually excellent).  Maybe if they got Gerald Green from the Suns?

Value is there, but why would the Rockets want another point guard. You need a 4th team to make that work.
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 05:37:40 pm »

But don't Henson and Sanders do a lot of the same things? How are they ever going to play them together?

Being a small market and never able to sign free agents, Milwaukee has to take risks other teams won't take. If Granger can be 90% of what he was, that's a good trade for them. They are gambling on his health, and if it doesn't work out they aren't taking on a long term contract.

It all depends on what kind of gamble you want.  Banking on Henson and Sanders to be able to play well together is one kind, as is investing in an overpaid 30 year old SF coming off a bad injury.

As for why the Rockets would want Dragic, its bc he's better than either of their current PGs.  He's a pretty good shooter, defender, and very good passer, as well as a nice veteran presence for their super young/immature team.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 07:54:56 pm »

Lin can be flipped.  I can see Milwaukee, Utah, Orlando, and Memphis being interested in him.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 08:30:06 pm »

Lin can be flipped.  I can see Milwaukee, Utah, Orlando, and Memphis being interested in him.

I cant really see any of those teams, except maaaaaybe Milwaukee.

Memphis?! What?
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 08:37:09 pm »

I cant really see any of those teams, except maaaaaybe Milwaukee.

Memphis?! What?

Memphis could use a second guy that can create for others.  Right now, the only guy they have that can do that is Conley.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: