Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suns - Bulls - Rockets - Celtics  (Read 813 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: October 31, 2013, 03:27:12 pm »

Suns trade Goran Dragic to the Bulls

Bulls trade Luol Deng to the Rockets and their own 2014 1st round pick to the Suns

Rockets trade Omer Asik and Terrance Jones to the Celtics and Isiah Canaan to the Suns

Celtics trade Kris Humphries and the Clippers 2014 1st round pick to the Suns

Suns trade Dragic and receive two more 1st rounder in this draft and would have as many as 6 selections in this upcoming draft. They would be taking on about $5 million extra, but would still be below the cap. Additionally the get Canaan as a prospect at PG.

Bulls address what I think is their biggest issue, shot creation from someone other than Rose. Dragic could come off the bench and be a finisher in the mold of a Ginobili and finish games since Rose is big enough to check most 2s. Butler can slide up to SF and have a crunch time 5 of Rose/Dragic/Butler/Boozer or Gibson/Noah. It would take so much pressure off Rose, especially in an eventual match up against Miami when he has Lebron checking him. Another big plus is the Bulls save nearly $7 million in the trade in salary (which is why they give PHX their pick) and brings them very close to the tax line to where a minor salary dump would put them under the tax. (Say, the newly expendible Hinrich since Dragic is there?)

Rockets address spacing issues with Asik and Howard playing together. I know they say they aren't trading him, but lets see how long that lasts. Luol is a very good rebounder for a small forward and would be fine being a small ball 4, and would be a huge upgrade to throw at Lebron in a potential Finals matchup over anybody the Rockets currently have on the roster.

Celtics gain a starting big man for a late first rounder and an expiring.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 04:00:39 pm »

I am not sure Deng helps that much with spacing.

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2736&Season=2012-13

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2736&Season=2011-12

I am also uncertain about Rose's ability to guard SGs at the level needed to contend.

I do not see why the Celtics would want Asik.  They are in full rebuilding mode, and Asik is a bit long in the tooth for that.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 08:51:16 pm »

He would certainly space the floor better than Asik.

Right now, I can't say he certainly could guard 2s but at the end of games he wouldn't be guarding the opposing teams best player because of Butler. If teams want to run their offense with their second option that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the Bulls. I wasn't saying he would always be checking 2s, just the 15-20 mins he and Dragic share.

The Asik thing. I just think at some point you can have too many young players. You have to have some veterans that aren't just 8th-12th men on a team. Asik is exactly what they need as well. Who are their centers again? I guess maybe Boston should be replaced in the deal with a better Asik fit, but none have the expiring contract and expendable first round picks like Boston.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:03:30 am by 13Supernuts » Logged
gunclaappa
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 10:03:16 am »

I am not sure Deng helps that much with spacing.

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2736&Season=2012-13

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2736&Season=2011-12

I do not see why the Celtics would want Asik.  They are in full rebuilding mode, and Asik is a bit long in the tooth for that.

I see your point on Deng but i think reputation trumps actual results. people respect his long range shooting, thus he still can be a floor spacing 4. Also he brings so many other valuable qualities alongside howard & harden, it still makes them a much better team.

Asik is only 27 and as a big man has yet to see his best days (they usually peak in their early 30s). He is literally the ideal Center to pair alongside Olynyk & Sullinger. Boston is giddy about this trade.

The only team that might say no to this trade is Chicago, because they give up an elite wing defender and one of the coach's favorites. Overall nice trade.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 10:36:03 am »

I see your point on Deng but i think reputation trumps actual results.

people respect his long range shooting, thus he still can be a floor spacing 4.

Nope, teams tend to pack the paint against the Bulls.

Also he brings so many other valuable qualities alongside howard & harden, it still makes them a much better team.

Such as?  Please refrain from delving deep into cliches.

Asik is only 27 and as a big man has yet to see his best days (they usually peak in their early 30s). He is literally the ideal Center to pair alongside Olynyk & Sullinger. Boston is giddy about this trade.

Not really.  Asik would help them win more games, which they do not want.  Plus, the only way to re-sign them in two years is if they have the cap space to do so.  That would be difficult with Rondo, Green, Wallace, etc, on the payroll.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 01:04:06 pm »

I think reputation does matter in these cases. Doesn't Bargnani space the floor for the Knicks even though he's not to most successful outside shooter but his rep says he is?

The only team that might say no to this trade is Chicago, because they give up an elite wing defender and one of the coach's favorites. Overall nice trade.

Haven't they been trying to move him the last two seasons though? I don't think they won't to resign him, especially at his current salary and this way they get someone that fills a need, is on a cheaper contract and is signed for 2 two more seasons.

And shedding nearly $7 million in taxable salary is key. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't a tax payment double what you are over? That's $14 million saved for a team that only once has ever been a tax payer.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 01:11:25 pm »

I think reputation does matter in these cases. Doesn't Bargnani space the floor for the Knicks even though he's not to most successful outside shooter but his rep says he is?

Haven't they been trying to move him the last two seasons though? I don't think they won't to resign him, especially at his current salary and this way they get someone that fills a need, is on a cheaper contract and is signed for 2 two more seasons.

And shedding nearly $7 million in taxable salary is key. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't a tax payment double what you are over? That's $14 million saved for a team that only once has ever been a tax payer.
No, they most likely haven't. It's all just been a bunch of rumors.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 01:38:07 pm »

No, he does not.  If you watched either of the Knicks' games from this season, you would have seen the Bucks and Bulls packing the paint against the Knicks.

gunclaappa
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 01:47:40 pm »

Nope, teams tend to pack the paint against the Bulls.
yu think that might be because their biggest offensive strength is inside scoring?

Such as?  Please refrain from delving deep into cliches.
such as elite defense at multiple positions, above average passing ability, incredible work ethic, being one of the most respected players in the league (opposite of Dwight). Also he shot much better from 3 when rose played, which implies he is a better spot up shooter from that distance. he will be asked to spot up more than create in houston. Also, are you really asking why Luol Deng is a valuable basketball player?

Not really.  Asik would help them win more games, which they do not want.  Plus, the only way to re-sign them in two years is if they have the cap space to do so.  That would be difficult with Rondo, Green, Wallace, etc, on the payroll.
how many games can a dude with no offensive game help them win? Boston will suck because Jeff Green is their top scoring option. adding asik doesn't change the fact that they can't score. He makes them better but they can still tank with him. Also they will have his bird rights so it will not be difficult to resign him.
HorusAdoresUs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 03:55:34 pm »

when was the last four-team-trade executed in the NBA?
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 04:09:37 pm »

yu think that might be because their biggest offensive strength is inside scoring?

It might not be nearly as pronounced if Chicago had not been 29 in 3pt attempts last season and 21st in 3pt%, or is Deng had not been 32.2% on 3 threes a game last season.

such as elite defense at multiple positions, above average passing ability, incredible work ethic, being one of the most respected players in the league (opposite of Dwight). Also he shot much better from 3 when rose played, which implies he is a better spot up shooter from that distance. he will be asked to spot up more than create in houston. Also, are you really asking why Luol Deng is a valuable basketball player?

Defense is fair, he is an okay passer, work ethis does not mean much if it does not translate into superior play, neither does being "respected."  He had a couple of okay seasons shooting from three, but so did Bargs.  I will reserve judgment to see if he can actually replicate that shooting.

how many games can a dude with no offensive game help them win? Boston will suck because Jeff Green is their top scoring option. adding asik doesn't change the fact that they can't score. He makes them better but they can still tank with him. Also they will have his bird rights so it will not be difficult to resign him.

You tout Deng's offensive game and then say Asik has no offensive game?  lulz.
[/quote]

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: