Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: LAC - DEN - WSH  (Read 1513 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: November 08, 2013, 02:10:36 pm »

Minor trade. Can't happen until Dec 15 because of Foye

Clippers trade Jamal Crawford to the Wizards

Nuggets trade Darrell Arthur and Anthony Randolph to the Clippers and Randy Foye to the Wizards

Wizards trade Trevor Ariza to the Nuggets

With Dudley, Reddick and Barnes the Clips have plenty of wings. Not to mention Green and Bullock for random minutes. Arthur would be a upgrade for the bench, remember him coming off the Grizzlies' bench?

Nuggets move out three contracts for an expiring. Plus, considering they have too many bigs, this trade might also make them better on the court as well.

Wizards add another play maker to their bench, eat Foye contract in the process. Clears a log jam at small forward as well, moving Ariza for Webster & Porter.
skywalker33
Star

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:38:28 pm »

Well, Randolph has caught the attention of the coaching staff, able to get a few minutes while Gallo and Chandler have been out. I wouldn't mind moving Arthur (who has a PO next year and may well use it) or Foye, but not for Ariza alone unless a draft pick is included. Nuggets would have no interest in this trade as it stands.

"i don't always post in the General NBA section, but when i do, i post something stupid"
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 08:51:36 am »

Alright
How about Randolph is dropped from the deal and the Wiz send a couple million to help pay Ariza's contract?
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 01:56:18 pm »

Alright
How about Randolph is dropped from the deal and the Wiz send a couple million to help pay Ariza's contract?

then it becomes even worse for the wizards than it already is.  trading a starter for two scrubs is usually not a smart deal
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 03:09:50 pm »

then it becomes even worse for the wizards than it already is.  trading a starter for two scrubs is usually not a smart deal

When did Jamal Crawford become a scrub?

I do not like it for the Clips.  The Clips have trouble creating on offense without Chris Paul, and that is Crawford's role when Paul sits.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 03:42:41 pm »

I do not like it for the Clips.  The Clips have trouble creating on offense without Chris Paul, and that is Crawford's role when Paul sits.

my bad, i didnt see that he was going to the wizards, due to supernuts' hard to follow layout. 

youre right though, it makes no sense for the clippers.  and the wizards already have a top 5 SG and top 5 PG, they don't need a 6th man.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 06:57:21 pm »

my bad, i didnt see that he was going to the wizards, due to supernuts' hard to follow layout. 

youre right though, it makes no sense for the clippers.  and the wizards already have a top 5 SG and top 5 PG, they don't need a 6th man.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 08:44:24 pm »

Sure, but in the playoffs, which should be how the Clippers should be looking at their roster, Paul will be playing 40 minutes and Collison can handle playing 6-8 minutes at the point.

Their defensive struggles are the biggest issue that needs to be addressed, and having Ryan Hollins and Byron Mullens as your first options off the bench is terrible and not going to cut in in the West. Arthur was pretty good as a spot up jumper shooter and rim protector for the Grizzlies in two postseason runs off the bench.
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 08:47:12 pm »

By the way Madawg,

Do you ever like any of these trades or do you just like to say how they all suck?
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 09:49:30 pm »

Sure, but in the playoffs, which should be how the Clippers should be looking at their roster, Paul will be playing 40 minutes and Collison can handle playing 6-8 minutes at the point.

Their defensive struggles are the biggest issue that needs to be addressed, and having Ryan Hollins and Byron Mullens as your first options off the bench is terrible and not going to cut in in the West. Arthur was pretty good as a spot up jumper shooter and rim protector for the Grizzlies in two postseason runs off the bench.

Teams that rely on one player to create all their offense are doomed to fail.

Arthur and Randolph are not going to fix the Clippers' defensive woes. 

chellis
MVP

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 10:04:42 pm »

Hahaha! Well played sir. I'm giving you a +1.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 10:04:55 pm »

By the way Madawg,

Do you ever like any of these trades or do you just like to say how they all suck?

if he likes the trade, he instead insults the poster or their favorite team.  
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 10:05:27 pm »

"not sure if serious"...

clever, but name me 5 PGs better than Wall, and 5 SGs better than Beal.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 10:25:10 pm »

if he likes the trade, he instead insults the poster or their favorite team.  

When have I done this?  Please cite.  I have told you when I liked trades by you.

"not sure if serious"...

clever, but name me 5 PGs better than Wall, and 5 SGs better than Beal.

in no particular order...

1) Chris Paul
2) Derrick Rose
3) Deron Williams
4) Stephen Curry
5) Russell Westbrook
6) Rajon Rondo (debatable)
7) Kyrie Irving
Cool Tony Parker

1) Dwyane Wade
2) Kobe Bryant
3) James Harden
4) Klay Thompson
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Kevin Martin
7) Eric Gordon
Cool Tyreke Evans (he has sucked this season, but he could not have possibly regressed as far as his stats show)
9) Evan Turner
10) Monta Ellis
11) OJ Mayo(?)
12) Jimmy Butler
13) Manu Ginobili

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 11:56:01 pm »

madawg....do you watch basketball?  can you read stats?

do you honestly believe that Tyreke Evans is better than Bradley Beal?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: