Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Celts - Raps - Kings  (Read 2597 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: November 10, 2013, 09:01:50 am »

Celtics trade Rajon Rondo (2yr/$24 mil) to the Kings
Celtics receive Chuck Hayes (2yr/$11), Jimmer Fredette (yr/$2.4), Grevis Vasquez (yr/$2.2) and the Kings 2016 & 2018 1st round picks

Raptors trade Rudy Gay (2yr/$37 mil) to the Kings
Raptors receive John Salmons (2yr/$15), Jason Thompson (4yr/$24) and Patrick Patterson (yr/$3.1)

Kings trade John Salmons, Jason Thompson, Chuck Hayes, Patrick Patterson, Jimmer Fredette, Grevis Vasquez and 2 future first round picks
Kings receive Rajon Rondo and Rudy Gay

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mxjonft

Celtics move Rondo for 2 future firsts, and get to try out Fredette and Vasquez. Plus, Hayes is suppose to be an awesome locker room guy which would be good for the Celtics young bigs.

Raptors move Gay, receive Thompson and John Salmons' contract. Thompson would be a solid addition to the front court as a 4 or 5. Before you flip out about Salmons, only $1 million of his contract next season is guaranteed so he is basically an $8 million dollar expiring contract.

Kings' owners make a huge splash, and can run out a lineup of Rondo/McLemore/Gay/Landry/Cousins. I think they would most likely make the playoffs if they find a couple of back up bigs.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 11:36:10 am »

I am going to go with no. 

First of all, Gay has been horrific this season.  I cannot imagine a team looking at his play and exclaiming "I sure would like to pay him $37 million over the next two seasons."  In that case, Toronto could be completely cut out of this trade.

As for the rest of the trade.  If you had Patterson going to the Celtics instead of Hayes (I do not care about him being a good "locker room guy"), I think it could be possible.  I just question the wisdom of having Rondo and Cousins in the same locker room.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 01:05:01 pm »

First of all, Gay has been horrific this season.  I cannot imagine a team looking at his play and exclaiming "I sure would like to pay him $37 million over the next two seasons."  In that case, Toronto could be completely cut out of this trade.

As for the rest of the trade.  If you had Patterson going to the Celtics instead of Hayes (I do not care about him being a good "locker room guy"), I think it could be possible.  I just question the wisdom of having Rondo and Cousins in the same locker room.

don't mind madawg, he's a numbers guy and doesnt realize that actual people produce the stats.

I think its a bad trade for the Celtics bc the picks are so far in the future.  I could see the Kings doing it bc they are weird and its a really interesting move.  The Raptors I don't know about, since Thompson has a huge contract for a backup.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 01:25:07 pm »

don't mind madawg, he's a numbers guy and doesnt realize that actual people produce the stats.

It is just not a big enough reason to pay a guy as bad as Chuck Hayes $12 million over the next two seasons.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 01:46:42 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't that sure about the deal either. But I'll try to defend it.

So we can only look at what Gay has done for this season? That seems short sighted.

I think its a bad trade for the Celtics bc the picks are so far in the future.  I could see the Kings doing it bc they are weird and its a really interesting move.  The Raptors I don't know about, since Thompson has a huge contract for a backup.

So far in the future, why does that matter? Getting first rounders is always good, not matter how far down the line they are.

And is about $6 million that much for a good back up that much? What if he, Johnson and Jonas just split the minutes at the 4 and 5 and all got 32 mintues a night?
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 01:48:27 pm »

Just another question

How would a Rondo/McLemore/Gay/Cousins core do over the next 3-5 years?
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 01:53:35 pm »

So we can only look at what Gay has done for this season? That seems short sighted.

He also sucked last season.  Plus, his teams have routinely been better with him on the bench.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 02:10:09 pm »

Just another question

How would a Rondo/McLemore/Gay/Cousins core do over the next 3-5 years?

probably a lot better if they didn't have Gay, but if they played him as a PF, it would be the highest scoring, worst defensing pair of bigs ever haha
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 12:43:34 pm »

Just saying, when you come on here and say all these trades that people propose are stupid and no team will ever do that, half of this trade basically just happened.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 01:26:59 pm »

Just saying, when you come on here and say all these trades that people propose are stupid and no team will ever do that, half of this trade basically just happened.

So?  Just because the Kings pulled the trigger does not mean the trade is any less stupid.  The trade that actually happened is even worse than this one, because the Kings did not get Rondo.  The Kings will come to regret trading for him, just like the Raptors did.

I make judgment on these trades assuming GMs are smart, but that is not always the case.

If someone made a trade thread for the Knicks trading three picks for Bargs a month before the actual trade happened, I would have called that trade stupid. 

Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 02:20:41 pm »

Madawg is a smart person, but he is flawed in his complete vision.

He sees things for how HE thinks they should happen, no problem with that, but he is not the GM of these teams.

Many trades he rips are trades where people try to predict what the GM of the team would do, not what they themselves would do.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 08:20:34 pm »

*** dude

Are you from the future?

Holy ***.

dcenate05050
Starter

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 08:55:21 pm »

So Madawg what were you saying??  Lol ... Damn you were so wrong hahaha
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 10:58:31 pm »

So Madawg what were you saying??  Lol ... Damn you were so wrong hahaha

Like I said, just because the trade happened does not mean it was not a bad trade.  Gay has started out well (but he also started out well in Toronto).  He will soon revert to his old form.

Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 11:00:30 pm »

Like I said, just because the trade happened does not mean it was not a bad trade.  Gay has started out well (but he also started out well in Toronto).  He will soon revert to his old form.

But you were still wrong, I think that is all anyone really wants you to admit.

Rather then trying to still defend yourself.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: