Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulls - Blazers - Pelicans  (Read 1672 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: November 13, 2013, 03:38:05 pm »

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lg95luu

Plus the Bulls send the Blazers the draft rights to Nikola Mirotic, the 2014 Charlotte first round pick and their own 2014 first round pick

Bulls - move all-in on this roster, trade all of their trade chips and feature a crunch time lineup of Rose/Gordon/Butler/Aldridge/Noah. Pretty damn awesome. They would have to move Boozer if they got Aldridge, which is why the Pelicans are included and this isn't a straight Bulls/Blazers deal.

Blazers - Take a Godfather offer from the Bulls for Aldridge. They should also retain their own 2014 first round pick this way, since it is top 12 protected (otherwise it belongs to the Bobcats). Two first round picks and a prized young talent in Mirotic. As well as a pretty good player in Deng that is on an expiring contract and they could potentially flip for even more rebuilding pieces.

Pelicans - See that the Holiday/Gordon/Evans experiment isn't working and try to become a little more standard. Now they could start Evans which could break him out of his funk, and receive a prospect in Snell.
chellis
MVP

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:52:28 pm »

FYI: you have to type out your deal. Trade machine doesn't work.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 04:25:24 pm »

ugh, still.

In the trade machine it looks like this:

Bulls trade Boozer and Snell to the Pelicans and Deng to the Blazers
Blazers trade Aldridge to the Bulls
Pelicans trade Gordon to the Bulls

So for Ross to see it easier....

Chicago receives Aldridge and Gordon
Portland receives Deng, the draft rights to Nikola Mirotic, Charlotte's 2014 first round pick and Chicago's 2014 first round pick
New Orleans receives Boozer and Snell
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 04:37:30 pm »

I'll take it
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 04:50:57 pm »

You know, this same deal could probably be done with ATL as well, with Horford being the center piece instead of Portland.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »

I'll take it too

Noah+Horford back together = niiiiiice
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 08:54:06 pm »

I totally love either for the Bulls, and like both for the Blazers, but i dont understand it for the Pelicans. 

Evans has shown over his career that he isn't really a shooter, and now he is showing that he isn't a basketball player in general, so giving up Gordon to start Tyreke doesnt make sense, even with the addition of Deng.

Swap Gordon for Tyreke and youve got me...
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 10:23:29 pm »

No thanks, I'd rather have Gordon
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 10:33:38 pm »

No thanks, I'd rather have Gordon

well sure....but you are already getting Aldridge/Horford.

On 2nd thought, I don't think NO wants Boozer, so this trade is dreadful for them.
phxnation
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 08:56:17 am »

Yeah Boozer's contract, low production and poor defense makes him untradeable.

UNLESS

You swapped Okafor's expiring for Boozer + Charlotte's pick this year.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:58:36 am by phxnation » Logged
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 11:28:34 am »

Beauty is all in the eye of the beholder.

Eric Gordon is a excellent example. Health concerns, production levels, reportedly a moody guy, his young age; there are a lot of facts in play when decided what kind of player he will be over the next 5-10 years. I personally wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole if I was a GM, but not everyone feels that way. That's why I look at this as an all-in gamble for the Bulls. If you get nothing from Gordon except an albatross contract for the next two plus seasons, then maybe this deal isn't so great and NO looks like the geniuses.

The thing about Boozer is he actually is a productive player. His contract is also ending one season before Gordon. The Pelicans should want this deal because they money is not allocated well. You can't be paying 3 guy 40+ million a season when you can't play them together.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 01:22:01 pm »

As much as I like to bash on Booze every once in a while, his production is anything but low. He's putting up 20.9 and 9.7 per36 so far this year and is coming off a year where he put up 18.1 and 10.9 per36. He's at a career high PER of 24.5 at the moment. He produces much better than what he gets credit for. Bulls fans biggest gripe with him is that he sometimes tends to disappear in big games when we need him in the playoffs. This is a big problem for the Bulls who are able to make a run, not the other teams in the trade.
gunclaappa
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 12:59:43 pm »

but why does Portland trade one of their best players for someone who plays the position as one of their other best players?

Deng for Aldridge is terrible value for the Blazers. Are you ALL bulls fans?!  Huh
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 05:38:28 pm »

but why does Portland trade one of their best players for someone who plays the position as one of their other best players?

Deng for Aldridge is terrible value for the Blazers. Are you ALL bulls fans?!  Huh
They also get the best young player in Europe and 2 first round picks, one of which can end up being very high. It's a LOT more than "Deng for Aldridge."
Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 06:03:51 am »

ugh, still.

In the trade machine it looks like this:

Bulls trade Boozer and Snell to the Pelicans and Deng to the Blazers
Blazers trade Aldridge to the Bulls
Pelicans trade Gordon to the Bulls

So for Ross to see it easier....

Chicago receives Aldridge and Gordon
Portland receives Deng, the draft rights to Nikola Mirotic, Charlotte's 2014 first round pick and Chicago's 2014 first round pick
New Orleans receives Boozer and Snell
Uhm, and why Blazers and Pelicans should do it?
Blazares would have both Batum and deng as higly paid defensive SFs and will be forecd to put one of them out of role, and the same would happen with the Pelicans with two highly paid scoring PFs(anderson and Boozer + Davis that should be forced to always play C)
If you really want to do it, at least you should swap the packages( Boozer and Snell to the Blazers, deng to the pelicans)

Still, I don't see the Blazers doing this now. They are going strong in the West, and Charlotte is going decent in the east so their pick won't be that good. They would get Deng(or Boozer + Snell), Mirotic, a 9-16 first round pick and a very late 1st round pick for Aldridge right now, who isn't enough. If Portland or Charlotte has a serious slowdown going forward in the season, they can think to do it, otheriwise is a no

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: