Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade Rumours.  (Read 14211 times)
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« on: November 25, 2013, 06:44:01 pm »

HH rumours reporting via Marc Stein that the kings and Timberwolves are in advanced discussions on a swap of Mbah a Moute and Derrick Williams...Would be a good deal for the Kings getting another young player going forward.. I don't know how they expect to fit him into the rotation unless it is at the 3 though.

Rick Aldeman had said that if they traded Williams he would want a vet big man to help the rotation but the front office didn't feel that was the best value for him...I'm not sure this is either unless they get a pick or someone else as well.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:34:06 am »

It looks like they got D Will, I think he's a good fit for Sac town.
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 05:06:29 am »

At this stage from what I have read is it has been agreed to in "principle". A change of scenery could be good for Williams, he has shown flashes but never been consistent or even had consistent minutes to show what he can do. Mbah A Moute is a good defender and it is always handy to have someone like that on your team - It is just weird they have got someone who is naturally a 3 where they gave new deals to Brewer and Chase during the offseason.

Sacramento now have Thompson, Patterson, Landry (when healthy which may not be this season) and Williams to play the 4. There is going to be an odd man out in that rotation and I hope Williams is given some time at the 4 and not forced to play the 3 because they are needing help there as well.

I thought they could get some more value for him.. I don't know what but it just seems a very underwhelming deal for Williams..even though he hasn't really shown that much to this point.
Dwagner30
Star

Respect: +252

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 01:20:48 pm »
+1

It is final.

I just cannot believe that two years ago, the Wolves could have Traded the #2 pick for Andrew Bogut, and instead are trading that pick for Mbah a Moute.

On the flip side angle of the Bucks, they traded Mbah a Moute for 2 2nd round picks, when they could have gotten Derrick.  Must be little value left in Derrick, which is surprising to me.

All being said, Moute is a great fit with the Wolves, who must feel they have a real chance to make some noise with them selling low on Derrick.

For the Kings, I feel this is a good piece.  Cousins, McLemore, and Williams could be a very good trio moving forward, I see some big things from them moving forward.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 03:06:14 am »

Yeah, I don't really like this for Minnesota at all. They held on to him to long. Hey, the Raptors even got draft picks for Bargs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: