Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: World Champs in Japan  (Read 17903 times)
fabM
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 24, 2006, 01:06:37 am »

Who do you reckon will win the upcoming world champs?

i wonder if usa will finally get their international game right and show their dominance or will the euro's win it again?
G-Force
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 03:38:42 pm »

I'm thinkin of Spain or Italy... I think USA will struggle again like the Olympics with this roster. While Spain has all the right pieces and experienced players. Also, Italy is maybe the greatest defensive team ın the tournament which means they can stop USA... My choice is Spain...
 But also, don't forget about Argentina and Ginobili, they really want this championship and Ginobili is also ready for it.

The Magician
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 08:15:33 am »

Quote from: "G-Force"
Also, Italy is maybe the greatest defensive team ın the tournament which means they can stop USA...

In my opinion the best defensive team in the tournament is Greece.

I've seen some friendly matches of Italy and I think that we have some problems:
-we are very weak in the paint.Our frontline will probably have Gigli(he's soft!),Rocca(great defense and rebounding skills,but he's undersize),Garri(good defense,but he can only make in 3s in offense).Phisically,our best players will be Di Giuliomaria,that hasn't got enough international experience,and Marconato,the only "old-style big man" in the team.We are too weak.
-there isn't a good playmaker.We won't have Bulleri,and Giachetti,Pecile or Di Bella will suffer in a World Championship.Basile,Soragna or Mordente could help them,but they aren't real playmakers.
-Our defense isn't as good as 2 or 3 years ago.
-Our offense is talented(Basile or Belinelli as SG?wow!!)but is a little disorganised,too.

Are you searchin rivals for Team USA?Keep an eye on France,Argentina,Spain and Greece.
G-Force
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 08:52:47 am »

I don't think France can beat USA, France is a great great team but they play the style that USA is used to. They have all young and talented players with huge athletic and dynamic skills, but they are not good shooters or good organized team, they are so young but they are not problem for USA, imo. Greece is not bad at all, but I can't see the potential to beat USA, they have both young and also experienced players, good inside players but USA will be so much for them. I think Argentina, Spain are the early favorites and I still think ıtaly is also favourites.

alexpellom12
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 12:13:32 pm »

I will go out on a limb and say that with the newly formed USA team, that we have to be the team to beat.  

Top 3 Reasons -

1. No Larry Brown.

-When you have Lebron and Carmelo at the end of the bench as a coach you deserve to be embarrassed.

2. The new players actually wan to be there playing for the name on the front of the jersey.

3.  the Old Chip on the Shoulder Ploy

-A chance to return USA basketball to the forefront of the world.

Just my humble opinion

If I ruled the world....... Imagine that...
Kobe the Best
Starter

Respect: +4

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 02:50:11 am »

Slovenia will won world championship
Slovenia : 100
USA       : 99
lungi101
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 04:09:30 am »

The only teams that I see as contenders in Japan are France, Spain, Argentina and USA. And the U.S. will be able to win this tournament because of one major reason: the shortened three point line. DWade, Antony, Bosh, Jamison, Miller all have a great 18-21 ft. jump shot. In the international game they will be able to make these 3's on a consistant basis. I also see a lot of playmakers on this team. Wade, Lebron, Arenas (as a 2 guard), all have great playmaking skills. With a motion offence that DAntoni will implement, the only thing that will stop this team is ineffective play from Paul at the point.
HoopsHype
Administrator
Journeyman

Respect: -11

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 08:14:09 am »

You forgot Lithuania. Not many stars, but always a good team.
blackmist_1
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 02:32:06 pm »

Quote from: "HoopsHype"
You forgot Lithuania. Not many stars, but always a good team.

Yup, with that point gaurd on Indiana, forgot his name, Shaq says "That dude number 13 form Lithuania". Those guys were expected to win last time, so they have a Vendetta.

Micheal Jordan > Then ALL
and Now his life force flows through Kobe Bryant

shot outs to: '***'  < For hooking Me UP!
legenderypete
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 11:48:45 am »

Argentina they have a great team there only weakness is point guard even tho manu is more likely to bring it up court.
Stop&Pop
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 02:52:13 am »

USA and Argentina are the five-stars squats.
Greece will be the outsider in the run. They have a pretty nice roster, but, I think, they are not so athletic to beat USA.
Slovenia will be a surprise, but it's always a bomb ready to deflagrate to destroy itself.
Spain is good, expecially since Gasol's back, but they lack experince and likely they arent consistent under pressure.
Italy is less talented, but enough experienced. The Athens silver medalists will have fate in their hands. Shooting well, they're gonna advance.
Germany, although Dirk's the best, is on decline.
France talented but not consistent at all.
Serbia is the biggest "?". Milicic's shown pretty good numbers but he has to be tested by the best on his role.
SammyDavisJr
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 06:53:57 am »

Quote from: "Stop&Pop"
USA and Argentina are the five-stars squats.
Greece will be the outsider in the run. They have a pretty nice roster, but, I think, they are not so athletic to beat USA.
Slovenia will be a surprise, but it's always a bomb ready to deflagrate to destroy itself.
Spain is good, expecially since Gasol's back, but they lack experince and likely they arent consistent under pressure.
Italy is less talented, but enough experienced. The Athens silver medalists will have fate in their hands. Shooting well, they're gonna advance.
Germany, although Dirk's the best, is on decline.
France talented but not consistent at all.
Serbia is the biggest "?". Milicic's shown pretty good numbers but he has to be tested by the best on his role.

Spain is the best team, as a team, and everything what the word team involves. They have played twice against Argentina in the last 2 weeks and the scores were 79-67 in Madrid and 87-66 yesterday in Singapore. Gasol didnt play in Madrid and only scored 13 points yesterday. Anyway, i am sure spain will lose in quaterfinals because spaniards are not competitive, and i agree with you, we arent consistent under pressure.
Italy and Greece have the best deffense.
Argentina has no bench. Only Delfino and occasionally Herrman (too irregular) and Wolkowysky. I havent liked Prigioni nor Sanchez so far.
I agree Slovenia can be the surprise, they can have a NBA starter 5 and very important players in european leagues as Becirovic and especially Lakovic. They have a very tough group though, with USA and Italy, if i am not wrong.
We havent mentioned Turkey, and they will have to play decently out of Istambul for once, they could be as strong as Argentina and Spain as a candidate for medal, but they have never done anything out of Abdi Ipekcis heat.
Lithuania is much weaker without Jasikevicius and Ilgauskas.
France is very similar to the USA team, they are blacks, extremely athletic, fast, but deficient at shooting and extremely irregular. Can beat anyone and lost to anyone too.
Then Serbia, Brazil, Germany, Australia shouldnt do much, quaterfinals as much.
USA should win quite easily.
yeah wotever
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 11:05:13 pm »

Argentina and USA final, Italy to go close, and Spain + Australia to surprise a few teams.

USA will clean up in the final, 94 - 86. Zone defense is one thing, athleticism and a motion offense is another.

Ur mum's so fat, she's a zone defense.
fabM
Undrafted

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 07:09:45 am »

USA definitely looks like the best team in the lead-up games with the '03 stars leading the way. the lithuanian team are a shadow of the team that they were and darko's leading serbia&montenegro.. he's better but not a leader just yet. whats up with germany gettin killed by greece, i hope they didnt have dirk cos that would've been sad if they did.

USA looks like they're a level above everyone else, we'll see how the tournament turns out though...
ab40
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 07:41:59 am »

I'm still nog convinced of usa winning it all, they've got the best athlete but no concistent 3 point threath and at the end of games you need that Lebron D-wade and Melo are their leaders that's 4 sure.

Spain is on a roll in their preperations and winning 9 games in a row against any team feals good, still they are only exhibitons.

Argentina is still a bit rusty but they are dangerous they are a real team.

Lithuania and Serbia are currently doing that youth movement thing:P

Australia, france, greece, china, puorto rico, italy all can beat any team any day.

USA can win it but not by dominating all competition as coach K wants them to

all men are my brethern, the world is my country, to do good is my religion
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Jump to: