Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: World Champs in Japan  (Read 17884 times)
NYK_4Evaaa
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 08:17:25 am »

If USA will make a big surprise and can not reach the final, then its definite that Argentina'll win the title !
sixers76_ai3
Journeyman

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 10:48:27 pm »

so what will the starting line up be?

PG Chris Paul
SG Dwyane Wade
SF  Carmelo Anthony
PF  LeBron James
C  Chris Bosh

Reason for smaller guys at PF and C-most of the teams do not have extremely huge guys and these guys won't have problems matching up.  LeBron is strong enough to do the PF job.  Chris Bosh will rotate with Dwight Howard and Brad Miller and will probably get time at PF anyway.

http://www.phonesherpa.com/home.aspx?af_id=011B430B8D
Ringtones for cheap-make them yourself-the first one is free!
Make sure you sign up today!!!
sixers76_ai3
Journeyman

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 10:50:22 pm »

O crap, I forgot about Elton Brand.  He will probably start at the PF.  I think Melo and LeBron should alternate the starting SF spot.  Everyone is gonna get playing time and it shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.phonesherpa.com/home.aspx?af_id=011B430B8D
Ringtones for cheap-make them yourself-the first one is free!
Make sure you sign up today!!!
SilkyJohnson
Journeyman

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 09:07:58 am »

I dont know about u guys...but I cant wait until the WBC start!!! Hopefully the US will continue to play well. There's definitely a lot of pressure on the US team (despite what anyone might say) after what happened in 2002 and 2004.....On paper, they have what it takes....They need to play up to their level, not get complacent.

Argentina, Spain, Greece are probably the biggest threats imo.....I would have added France, but with TP being out...I think this takes they away from serious medal contention. They still have good players like Diaw, Pietrus...but I think the loss of TP is huge. Lithuania, Serbia are good teams....but they dont seem as strong this time around. Brazil and Australia might be  sleeper teams...

- Spain (Gasol is a great player in international comp especially....More nba level talent in Calderon-Garbajosa......Navarro is great scorer....can definitely play in the nba)

- Greece (I think they only have 1 nba guy on team....but this team is very strong. They won the Euro chamionships last year.)

- Argentina (Incredible team chemistry....fundamental soundness....they might be the 2nd most talented team on paper....Manu is an allstar caliber player....Noc is very good....Scola-Delfino-Oberto-Hermann are good players...Scola needs to be in the nba)
SammyDavisJr
Journeyman

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 08:39:37 am »

Group A

Venezuela 72
Lebanon 82

Serbia 75
Nigeria 82

Argentina 80
France 70

Group B

Germany 81
Japan 70

Angola 83
Panama 70

Spain 86
New Zealand 70

Group C

Brazil 77
Australia 83

Greece 84
Qatar 64

Turkey 76
Lithuania 74

Group D

Puerto Rico 100
USA 111

Slovenia 96
Senegal 79

China 69
Italy 84
Anoren
Undrafted

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 04:08:20 pm »

USA has better team than 2004 Olympics but i think Argentina is best team in the tournament and they're team to beat. France had chance with Tony Parker but he'll not play in the tournament. He's out with a broken finger. His replace is 21 y/o Yannick Bokolo.. He has potantial but Parker's lose is huge. So France is out i think. Spain has very good team, with Gasol, Navarro and Garbajosa they have talent to win it all. Germany has a good team chemistry, role players around Nowitzki and they're always a threat.
Brazil, Lithuania and Greece are overrated.
Turkey looked finally found their rhytm without their two stars Hido&Memo. They're playing nice team defense.
So here's my guess:
1- Argentina
2- USA
3- Spain
4- France
5- Germany
6- Brazil
7- Turkey
8- Greece.
c_fish
Undrafted

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 06:41:15 pm »

Quote from: "Anoren"
USA has better team than 2004 Olympics but i think Argentina is best team in the tournament and they're team to beat. France had chance with Tony Parker but he'll not play in the tournament. He's out with a broken finger. His replace is 21 y/o Yannick Bokolo.. He has potantial but Parker's lose is huge. So France is out i think. Spain has very good team, with Gasol, Navarro and Garbajosa they have talent to win it all. Germany has a good team chemistry, role players around Nowitzki and they're always a threat.
Brazil, Lithuania and Greece are overrated.
Turkey looked finally found their rhytm without their two stars Hido&Memo. They're playing nice team defense.
So here's my guess:
1- Argentina
2- USA
3- Spain
4- France
5- Germany
6- Brazil
7- Turkey
8- Greece.

I can't understand how European champs Greece,who has better roster and team chemistry than last year,will be a runner up to Parker-less France,Germany who has just one player,Turkey who plays without Turkoglu,Turksan and Okur.Sorry guys but I get the impression that you haven't seen any European national games the last 2 years
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2006, 01:11:31 am »

Quote from: "sixers76_ai3"
so what will the starting line up be?

PG Chris Paul
SG Dwyane Wade
SF  Carmelo Anthony
PF  LeBron James
C  Chris Bosh

Reason for smaller guys at PF and C-most of the teams do not have extremely huge guys and these guys won't have problems matching up.  LeBron is strong enough to do the PF job.  Chris Bosh will rotate with Dwight Howard and Brad Miller and will probably get time at PF anyway.

nice but most likely a veteran will be thrown into the mix

Anoren
Undrafted

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2006, 01:23:09 am »

I'm watching Euro Championships since '93 and i've watched many games in past competitions including 2003 Euro Champs, 2004 Olympics and 2005 Euro Champs. I remember how Greece survived from France in semi finals last year. France was up with 4 points down 1 minute to go, but they made simple mistakes and Diamantidis scored a lucky last second trey. In final game, Germany and Nowitzki was tired. So ok, Greece has a good team, but not good that many one thought. They don't have inside presence, and inside scorer. Papadopoulos is the key player i think. But yesterday he was horrible.
Turkish team has low post scorers (Kaya Peker and Ermal Kuqo), outside threats (Ibrahim Kutluay and Serkan Erdogan) and have a nice team chemistry.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2006, 01:24:34 am »

U.S. should and will most likely take the gold with 2 maybe 3 tough games

tamburello
Undrafted

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2006, 08:31:38 am »

I also think Argentina will be the team to beat. USA might lose games against the teams which makes good zone defense. Spain, Germany and my Turkey are looking good. Follow Ersan İlyasova carefully, he would be the rising star of the championships. He clearly overshadowed his Bucks teammate Andrew Bogut in Australia vs. Turkey matchup.

But Lithuania looks like they desperately need Jasikevicius, Macijauskas is so unfit.
G-Force
Journeyman

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2006, 02:11:41 pm »

Lithuania maybe has the worst roster since years, they don't have Jasikevicius, Siskauskas who seems to be two of the most important players for Lithuania. Macijauskas actually played well against Turkey but because they don't have a decent guard, they can't succeed. Giedrus Gustas lacks playmaking ability.
 I think Spain looks like the best team so far.  They have been pretty well so far, Gasol is on the top form, and they won their both games pretty easily.
 Turkey also seems good, beating Lithuania and Australia, without Memo and Hedo, seems like there is finally some peace in the team.
 Argentina, Greece, Italy seems good besides USA

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 11:16:03 pm »

Quote from: "tamburello"
I also think Argentina will be the team to beat. USA might lose games against the teams which makes good zone defense. Spain, Germany and my Turkey are looking good. Follow Ersan İlyasova carefully, he would be the rising star of the championships. He clearly overshadowed his Bucks teammate Andrew Bogut in Australia vs. Turkey matchup.

But Lithuania looks like they desperately need Jasikevicius, Macijauskas is so unfit.

i agree argentina will definitly be tough

bassostolos
Undrafted

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 12:03:09 am »

I definately think that Greece is better than Italy. Greece might not have many good scorers, however the defense this team plays is phenomenal.
That can cause problems with any team.
Houston's Spanoulis is an extremely tough player.
Ready for the NBA.
G-Force
Journeyman

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 02:56:48 am »

Spain-Germany game juste ended and Spain won it pretty easily, 92-71. Spanish guards are sensational- Navarro, Rudy Fernandez and Calderon carry the team and do the scoring, they can shoot, they can pass. They didn't need Gasol very much today but it was an easy game. They also have inside scorers like Gasol and Garbajosa.  Germany's roster besides Nowitzki really suck. There are 11 average, role players besides Germany, when Nowitzki is not on the floor, they struggle a lot.  Spain is really good and imo it would be a surprise if they don't win a medal at least.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Jump to: