Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: GM Game 9.0 [Waiver Wire/Mid-Season FA/Extension Rules] PM Szahh  (Read 16487 times)
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2013, 05:17:37 pm »

http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/index.php?topic=84762.msg1418310#msg1418310

RIP Madawg
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2013, 05:20:43 pm »

Cut and paste it all you want...PUT THAT UP BY ITSELF where only the guy running the show can edit it.

Make it official and we can just click on it and look and then omit or slash through guys who have been taken already every day so we know.

Don't have it here with 20 questions around it so I have to hunt for it. Hell, the time it takes me to hunt it down I can miss my player.

Here stop stop stop...let me show you...

Lets not Buck-s the System!...Carry on. Buck-le Up Milwaukee!
Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

I troll so hard that *** cray

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2013, 05:22:40 pm »

dear god
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »

dear god
dear god what!?

I want to be able to see what is going on. No potential collusion. I want us all in one room so I can see the deals being made and the processes carried out. What GM wouldn't? That is doing your homework. 

How the hell do I know who has the inroads to whatever free agent I covet and what they are offering them? Maybe I take this too serious and have too much time on my hands, but I like to do things right.

That is stuff you need to know in a game like this. Free agents make or break my teams in all fantasy formats because I do not like most trades before the season if I can address my issues in the waiver wire or free agency.

Plus not all these guys are good enough to be free agents. We should split them up in tiers like I said. And get all together in a chat room...that I can give us the link to....and handle this now.

Those who can't make it...that would be on them. I see a lot of smart remarks but you are not  coming up with anything. At least I am offering some input.

Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2013, 05:55:53 pm »

You gave Lazar Hayward the MLE
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2013, 12:16:48 am »

You gave Lazar Hayward the MLE

Cheesy

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2013, 12:31:04 am »

I tell you I should be running this...Next year perhaps if no one else wants to. I believe everyone should have been notified and updated as to who is offering what and when...and have a running ticker type in formation deal like they do in the game.

eg, Chad Ford Chevy has announced that  FA F Lazar Hayward has signed with the Milwaukee Bucks for the MLE...

It is a great undertaking...maybe if you had a free agency hour or something or set apart a block of time like in fantasy sports? I do not know the status of my request so I can't proceed to move any players in a trade or cut them until I know something bro.

You have to stay on top of things like this...right away if we want to make it fun and realistic. In fact we should have PM everyone set up a chat room type setting, got everyone in there on the first day and knocked this out right then and there...
It would have taken anywhere from 20 to 50 minutes tops. Stinky could have made all his decisions in one or two days.
Just inform us beforehand what the type A free agent will accept or won't, what team he would go to or not and who would have to overpay and then we make an offer and is done.
Each team could get 5 minutes to do this as we all watch. You could have divided them up in tiers. Tier 1....2....and 3...etc. That simple.  The rest put in the waiver wire. DONE.  

Or maybe you can tell us who would be interested in joining what team and who his top 3-4 preferences are...and what he is looking for then we can in turn make the corresponding moves to either free up cap space for him or allot the mle or whatever for him.

To me, who does not make many trades for whatever reason [mainly because or outrageous offers] free agency is the best and the most fun part of a fantasy GM game there is! It is the heartbeat of Fantasy to me.

Any idiot can make a trade... but it is the one who knows how to outfit the roster they have through the waiver wire and free agency at the right time to me that lets me know how good they are not just names on a roster.

Stinky you should be PM'ing us all the time with updates either in our inbox or in here.
It's a little more work than you might think. You're not gonna get every gm in a chat room at the same time. Haven't u ever done a fantasy football draft? Lol

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2013, 09:52:27 am »

LMAOOOOO have fun with Lazar Hayward for the rest of eternity.

"Hey Lazar, I know you've played in 72 games in 4 seasons and your career high in points is 8, but we're interested in bringing you in.  How does 5M sound? It's only about a 1000% raise, but we'll give you multiple years to make up for it."

Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2013, 05:10:17 pm »

I think it would be good to know if a player has a better offers, so we can improve our offer if we want

Awesome. Okay, I'll do that.

Haha, I am sorry, Mr high horse, your majesty, Bucksfan. I have like 60 offers to go through and was only given the go ahead to move forward two days ago. I kind of work and it's Christmas and all that, so forgive me for not being able to sit at my computer all day.

I am sifting through the offers now and making decisions. I'll be PMing all those successful, or I'll be PMing guys if I think they could improve their offers etc. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few done tonight. 

What I will say is this - please use the template from the first page. This:

You want us to format our offers like Flip had us last year?

Player's name:
Your team:
Source of payment: (MLE, cap space etc.):
Your offer:
Current cap situation (sum of total salaries) of your team:
Reason (why should a player choose to play for your team):

I'm not going to be strict with it and demand that you have to word it all the same and all that, but as long as I have the offer and the actual money. Don't just say MLE or minimum ... I have to go and do work then and find out what the hell the minimum is for the guy and all that.

If you haven't updated your roster page either then I won't consider the offer. Why would, say, Derek Fisher play for you if I have no idea what your PG depth is because you haven't updated it in three trades. Not sure if this is an issue, but thought I'd throw it out there ... looking at you, Rye. You were awful for the in the last game.

Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2013, 06:23:16 pm »

I think I have PM'd everyone who has sent offers. You'll know what to do if I have. Anyway, here are the players who have agreed terms: Please add them to your roster.

Derek Fisher
Brooklyn Nets
Vet Min - $1,352,181
Reason - main back up on a contender, with Lebron James? Enough said.
Rasual Butler
San Antonio Spurs
Vet min - $1,352,181

Patrick Beverley
Portland Trail Blazers
$2,400,000
$2,592,000
$2,784,000 (PO)

DeMare Carroll
New Orleans Hornets
$2,000,000

Shelvin Mack
New Orleans Hornets
$1,300,000
$1,300,000 (TO)
$1,300,000 (TO)

Andrew Goudelock
Utah Jazz
$1,500,000
$1,500,000
$1,500,000 (PO)

Christian Eyenga
Utah Jazz
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000 (PO)

Daniel Orton
Utah Jazz
$1,250,000
$1,250,000
$1,250,000 (PO)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:36:02 pm by Stinkinbishop » Logged

Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2013, 09:47:24 pm »

Way to lock up those fillers to 3 year deals Ross.

The Bucks organization would be proud of you  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2013, 02:51:18 am »

Awesome. Okay, I'll do that.

Haha, I am sorry, Mr high horse, your majesty, Bucksfan. I have like 60 offers to go through and was only given the go ahead to move forward two days ago. I kind of work and it's Christmas and all that, so forgive me for not being able to sit at my computer all day.

I am sifting through the offers now and making decisions. I'll be PMing all those successful, or I'll be PMing guys if I think they could improve their offers etc. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few done tonight. 

What I will say is this - please use the template from the first page. This:

I'm not going to be strict with it and demand that you have to word it all the same and all that, but as long as I have the offer and the actual money. Don't just say MLE or minimum ... I have to go and do work then and find out what the hell the minimum is for the guy and all that.

If you haven't updated your roster page either then I won't consider the offer. Why would, say, Derek Fisher play for you if I have no idea what your PG depth is because you haven't updated it in three trades. Not sure if this is an issue, but thought I'd throw it out there ... looking at you, Rye. You were awful for the in the last game.
I realize that...I am not knocking you. I admit it is a big under-taking myself. I realize that.

I appreciate your efforts. I know it is tough. That is what I was getting at not ripping you.

sofakingbad
Starter

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2013, 03:51:41 am »

Question 16 has min/max salary info:  http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q16

Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2013, 04:01:42 am »

Question 16 has min/max salary info:  http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q16

Put this link in OP please if you're reading this MODS
Szahh
MVP

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2013, 04:14:21 am »

Put this link in OP please if you're reading this MODS

Is it really so hard for people to search google for 'minimum contracts nba'?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Jump to: