Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denver and Boston trade  (Read 1092 times)
stevesf47
Undrafted

« on: December 10, 2013, 12:42:06 pm »

Big Denver fan here and looking for ways for Denver to dump Mcgee since he's been a big failure.

Denver sends Javelle Mcgee, Andre Miller, Anthony Randolph and a 2nd rd pick

to

Boston for Gerald Wallace, Brandon Bass

First off for Denver, Gwall gives us a player we can depend on. We are already winning without Mcgee. Gwall would give us veteran leadership that would help Faried. Bass gives us another big that can step out and shoot other than Arthur.

Why for Boston? Gwall is not in there plans as you can see. Mcgee and Gwall contracts just about break even for the same amount of years. Boston doesn't have a legit 7 foot defensive Center that should be part of their future. Why not take a gamble here? Letting Bass go will allow Sullinger and Olynyk to get their minutes that they deserve. Randolph will be a cheap insurance policy at PF. Andre Miller gives them a veteran passing PG behind Rondo and has a cheap buyout next year. The pick sweetens the deal a little for Boston.

Why this probably won't happen? Denver management would have to finally see the light that Mcgee isn't going to work out in Denver. Would they want an older player like Gwall anyways? Maybe not. But as a Denver fan, i want to win and by them forcing Mcgee in the lineup because he's being paid 11 mill per year is not going to help us.
skywalker33
Star

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 01:39:13 pm »

I understand you wanting to rid the Nuggets of McGee and his salary, but in this trade you aren't even ridding yourself of that salary. Wallace's salary is virtually the same, he would create a further logjam at SF (moreso when Gallo returns) and then we'd have only one guy that is taller than 6'10.

McGee will be given an (another ?) opportunity to succeed upon getting healthy to see if he can do anything in the NBA. Give the increased productivity of Mozzie, he should see that he can be replaced, hopefully incentive to play up to the level of talent he has.

Bass would be a decent addition, but playing time at PF is scarce too. Perhaps is Faried is moved for something of value that would work, but the only thing I see here is moving McGee for no value whatsoever. 

"i don't always post in the General NBA section, but when i do, i post something stupid"
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 02:31:09 pm »

The only thing you can depend on Gerald Wallace for is to be a below-average starter on a huge contract.
stevesf47
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 03:21:23 pm »

lol Ross, that is what we have with Mcgee lol.

I think gwall would be more beneficial than mcgee. no one in their right mind is going to take mcgee the way he's playing now and NOT give us something back. I know Gwall is old, but he is still useful. In fact, id love for us to do this, then move Chandler with one of the PF, maybe Bass again or Hickson for an upgrade at the 2 or 5. Gallo and Gwall would then hold down the SF spot. My thinking is, id rather have gwall than mcgee. Mcgee hurts more than he helps. Gwall is alot more dependable especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 03:24:25 pm »

lol Ross, that is what we have with Mcgee lol.

I think gwall would be more beneficial than mcgee. no one in their right mind is going to take mcgee the way he's playing now and NOT give us something back. I know Gwall is old, but he is still useful. In fact, id love for us to do this, then move Chandler with one of the PF, maybe Bass again or Hickson for an upgrade at the 2 or 5. Gallo and Gwall would then hold down the SF spot. My thinking is, id rather have gwall than mcgee. Mcgee hurts more than he helps. Gwall is alot more dependable especially on the defensive side of the ball.

well, its just a trade that doesnt do anything for either team.  Boston doesn't want McGee, Denver doesn't need a SF or PF.  They give up his salary but get another huge salaried backup in return.  It just doesn't fill any needs for either franchise, and so it wouldnt happen, imo.
stevesf47
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 09:19:38 am »

Oh i'm sure it won't happen. just like all 15000 of your trades that you've posted Smiley

but you are wrong that it doesn't fill a need. Celtics want to go younger, Ainge has said that. They need a C. Victor Faverini can't be their future. Mcgee is a bonehead, but he does have potential and a rebuilding team with new coach could spend some time with him. They can't get anymore out of Gwall and with their focus on young guys, he's a waste there. In Denver, we are looking for stability. We have a bunch of young guys that are inconsistant especially on Defense. Gwall also brings leadership. Very similar salaries make this extremely possible money wise.
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 02:58:19 pm »

Oh i'm sure it won't happen. just like all 15000 of your trades that you've posted Smiley

but you are wrong that it doesn't fill a need. Celtics want to go younger, Ainge has said that. They need a C. Victor Faverini can't be their future. Mcgee is a bonehead, but he does have potential and a rebuilding team with new coach could spend some time with him. They can't get anymore out of Gwall and with their focus on young guys, he's a waste there. In Denver, we are looking for stability. We have a bunch of young guys that are inconsistant especially on Defense. Gwall also brings leadership. Very similar salaries make this extremely possible money wise.

if you dont believe it could happen, why post it?

anyway, I think you are overrating McGee. He was that young rebuilding C for the Wiz, and that didnt work out, and then he was the young rebuilding C for the Nuggs and that didn't work out.  He is past the point of being a young center with potential, and is now just a boneheaded 25 year old on a large contract.  no way the C's touch him imo.
skywalker33
Star

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 03:59:06 pm »

if you dont believe it could happen, why post it?

anyway, I think you are overrating McGee. He was that young rebuilding C for the Wiz, and that didnt work out, and then he was the young rebuilding C for the Nuggs and that didn't work out.  He is past the point of being a young center with potential, and is now just a boneheaded 25 year old on a large contract.  no way the C's touch him imo.

See, I think JaVale still has time, he is only 25 and most big men take 3-5 years to figure it out. He is clearly running out of time and this injury hasn't help his cause nor has the new scheme brought in by Shaw (although I think that could play to his strengths should he accept his role). We shall see how he responds when both he and Gallo get back.

as for the commentary....REALLY ? You think each of your 15 gazillion trades are possible ?   I'd call that a little delusional....this trades is as possible as any of yours.  But I do agree with stevef, not gonna happen

"i don't always post in the General NBA section, but when i do, i post something stupid"
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 04:44:09 pm »

as for the commentary....REALLY ? You think each of your 15 gazillion trades are possible ?   I'd call that a little delusional....this trades is as possible as any of yours.  But I do agree with stevef, not gonna happen

yes...i think all of them are possible, otherwise i wouldnt go through the trouble of posting them and explaining why each team would do them.  i obviously dont believe all of them Will happen, but i wouldnt waste my time if i didnt see a possibility of it.
skywalker33
Star

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 04:59:43 pm »

yes...i think all of them are possible, otherwise i wouldnt go through the trouble of posting them and explaining why each team would do them.  i obviously dont believe all of them Will happen, but i wouldnt waste my time if i didnt see a possibility of it.

I guess they're possible, kinda like me winning the PowerBall 10 times in a row....that could happen too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: