Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Bucks-Raptors  (Read 7884 times)
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 12:27:48 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  there it is!  knew it would be here soon   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  you cant have a Knight-without-Flynn conversation with madawg.

You are the one who brought up "starting PG" as a niche.  That was a really stupid claim.  Johnny Flynn is my go-to example for Knight, because it was recent, the same position, highly publicized, and both were high draft picks.

Smush Parker was in the "starter's niche" until he was not a starter anymore.  There are a bunch of similar examples. Just because a young player has started for teams that had no better options at the time does not mean that player is good, or the team sees potential.

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 12:32:27 pm »

Lowry has almost no value

No value? He'd be a starter on many NBA teams.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
skywalker33
Star

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 12:32:58 pm »

huh, thats interesting, cause he also said "backup".  that seems like kinda a lot of assists for a backup PG.  

3.5 apg is decent amt of dimes for a backup, but he gets a lot of minutes because your starter is so bad, it's why you want to replace him

"i don't always post in the General NBA section, but when i do, i post something stupid"
Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 03:34:54 pm »

All hail the troll this topic has become.

You guys truly are pathetic.

Hey look, Knight shoots at a slightly below average % and is turnover prone and not a huge amount of assists at 21, EPIC FAIL POS, worst PG ever.

Because nothing else matters besides those 3 criteria to determine worth it would seem.

My God, stfu with the trolling and empowering feeling you get from it.  You are not 10 yrs old anymore.

Not going to come out and say Knight will be a star, because he likely wont, but at the age of 21 he has already played better then all but 15-20 PG's in the league of various ages.  Will he be a starter on a good team, really depends who is on the team with him.

An axample is Chalmers, is he such a better player than Knight, hell no.  Chalmers has a situation that suits him, where Knight has yet to land in such a luxurious role.  Only thing I have learned over the last 3 years is that Knight will not be a star in this league, as most star players develop at a quick rate.  But many very good to potential All-Star players developed later on in their careers.  Facts are facts, beat em down all you want people, but they are still there.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 03:41:05 pm »

What assist thing?  That bc Knight was playing with a bunch of scrub in Detroit, and splitting time between PG and SG, he had a hard time consistently getting assists, or getting them in high numbers?   Yeah, makes sense.

That's not actually how real basketball works.  The quality of your teammates has little to do with how many assists you get.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2013, 03:41:37 pm »

An axample is Chalmers, is he such a better player than Knight, hell no.

No, Chalmers is much better than Knight.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2013, 03:50:29 pm »

Hey look, Knight shoots at a slightly below average % and is turnover prone and not a huge amount of assists at 21

Slightly below average?  He is a career .507 TS% shooter.  That is terrible.  He takes too many shots (whilst shooting badly), has one of the worst (if not the worst) assist-to-turnover ratio for a PG, Has never had an offensive rating above 98, has never had a PER above 12 (15 is league average), has a career win shares per 48 minutes of .022, etc.

What does he do well?  The only thing I see he does well is that he is an okay 3pt shooter.

An axample is Chalmers, is he such a better player than Knight, hell no

It is funny you bring up Chalmers.  With Wade out, Chalmers has had an opportunity to show more of what he can do.  Even next to Lebron, Chalmers is putting up some decent numbers.  Definitely playing better than Knight has ever played.  Plus, Chalmers has 3 full seasons with a higher PER than anything Knight has ever had, and one of those seasons was Chalmers' rookie season.

Facts are facts, beat em down all you want people, but they are still there.

You clearly do not understand what "fact" means.  Not one thing you said in your post can be considered a fact, including getting Knight's age wrong (here is a hint, he is now 22)

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2013, 04:18:31 pm »

You clearly do not understand what "fact" means.  Not one thing you said in your post can be considered a fact, including getting Knight's age wrong (here is a hint, he is now 22)

I am so sorry... his birthday was 8 days ago and we are a little behind the times  Roll Eyes
Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2013, 04:36:20 pm »

It is funny you bring up Chalmers.  With Wade out, Chalmers has had an opportunity to show more of what he can do.  Even next to Lebron, Chalmers is putting up some decent numbers.  Definitely playing better than Knight has ever played.  Plus, Chalmers has 3 full seasons with a higher PER than anything Knight has ever had, and one of those seasons was Chalmers' rookie season.

That was my point, Chalmers has an opportunity to succeed because he is an after thought of the defense, even with Wade out.  That is how damn good James is.

Chalmers has gotten to play with world class talent his entire career, has Knight even played with a borderline All-Star yet?  Nope.

Do you have posters of Knight on your wall, because you can dissapear for weeks, but if there is any mention of Brandon Knight, you swoop in and steal the show.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2013, 04:43:39 pm »

That was my point, Chalmers has an opportunity to succeed because he is an after thought of the defense, even with Wade out.  That is how damn good James is.

Chalmers has gotten to play with world class talent his entire career, has Knight even played with a borderline All-Star yet?  Nope.

Do you have posters of Knight on your wall, because you can dissapear for weeks, but if there is any mention of Brandon Knight, you swoop in and steal the show.

The quality of a player's teammates have little to no effect on that player's abilities.

Harden played his best season last season, better than his season with Durant and Westbrook.  Calderon put up nearly 10 apg only lousy Raptors teams.  David Lee had hands down his best season on a terrible Knicks team.

Bad players play poorly on good or bad teams, and good players play well on good or bad teams.  Role does affect production, but teammates are not a major factor.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2013, 04:49:51 pm »

Well no, Chalmers has had a chance to succeed because he's actually a very good player and would be a very good player no matter who he was playing with.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2013, 05:08:03 pm »

Well no, Chalmers has had a chance to succeed because he's actually a very good player and would be a very good player no matter who he was playing with.

So if he is so good, why has no team ever traded for him?  If he is that good, I'm sure some team wouldve put together a package that would appeal to the Heat by now, since lower-tier PGs are moved quite often.  But it hasn't happened...why not?
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2013, 05:15:20 pm »

So if he is so good, why has no team ever traded for him?  If he is that good, I'm sure some team wouldve put together a package that would appeal to the Heat by now, since lower-tier PGs are moved quite often.  But it hasn't happened...why not?

Because most players don't get traded?  What the *** kind of argument is that?

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2013, 05:16:44 pm »

Why would they Heat want to move him?  He is cheap and he fits their system.  I would not be surprised if teams have been interested in him, but the Heat are not similarly interested.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2013, 05:17:35 pm »

Because most players don't get traded?  What the *** kind of argument is that?

oh ok, gotcha.

Its just funny to me that people hype guys like Chalmers and Lowry, but in the same breath absolutely trash guys like Knight and Hill, who are really just about the same players in terms of contributions.   But once duckshoe or madawg or skywalker gets it into his head to argue some stupid point, look out, theres no reason attempting to explain simple facts to them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Jump to: