Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Bucks-Raptors  (Read 7753 times)
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 05:18:07 pm »

Plus, madawg and duckshoe seem to comment back to back pretty much always...same account?
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 05:21:43 pm »

oh ok, gotcha.

Its just funny to me that people hype guys like Chalmers and Lowry, but in the same breath absolutely trash guys like Knight and Hill, who are really just about the same players in terms of contributions.   But once duckshoe or madawg or skywalker gets it into his head to argue some stupid point, look out, theres no reason attempting to explain simple facts to them.

Whot trashed Hill?  Knight gets trashed, because he deserves to be trashed.  The facts show he is trash. 

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 05:24:05 pm »

Whot trashed Hill?  Knight gets trashed, because he deserves to be trashed.  The facts show he is trash.  

Well, at least two GMs and at least two head coaches so far would disagree with you.

And Hill has been trashed in this forum too, so along with the Bucks and Pistons, you/duckshoe are also saying that a guy who Pop/the Spurs and Vogel/the Pacers like a lot is trash.

But sure, Kyle Lowry, who neither Houston nor now Toronto wants is a great PG.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:26:12 pm by Ross983 » Logged
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 05:34:19 pm »

oh ok, gotcha.

Its just funny to me that people hype guys like Chalmers and Lowry, but in the same breath absolutely trash guys like Knight and Hill, who are really just about the same players in terms of contributions.   But once duckshoe or madawg or skywalker gets it into his head to argue some stupid point, look out, theres no reason attempting to explain simple facts to them.

What simple facts?  And who said Hill is trash?

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 05:47:58 pm »

Well, at least two GMs and at least two head coaches so far would disagree with you.

And Hill has been trashed in this forum too, so along with the Bucks and Pistons, you/duckshoe are also saying that a guy who Pop/the Spurs and Vogel/the Pacers like a lot is trash.

What two GMs?  The GM that drafted him?  That was before he got to see him at the NBA level.  That GM wanted to upgrade him to Jennings.  The Bucks GM that traded for him?  It was either do that or not have any PG other than Wolters (it was before hey got Ridnour).  Having no other option =/= a glowing endorsement.

Again, who is trashing Hill?  I don't know about duck, but I am a Hill fan.  He is not a good distributor, but he fits Indiana's system well.

Lowry is a problem for reasons other than his abilities.  He has butted heads with a few different coaches.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2013, 05:52:04 pm »

It's really funny how entirely clueless you are. Are you even aware of what league we're following? Just because a team makes a trade for a player doesn't mean he isn't good. Secondly, the reason the Raptors are trying to trade Lowry is because a)they're tearing down the roster, b)he's expressed disinterest in playing there and therefore, c)he's a free agent next year and won't re-sign.

As for Knight, right now he's averaging 10 points, 4 assists, and 3 turnovers a game on 34% shooting. These numbers are right on par with how he performed in his first 2 seasons so I think it's pretty safe to say he's not a good NBA player.

As for Hill, I haven't seen anyone trash him. He's a solid player and he who's been in the league for 6 seasons and everyone knows what he's capable of. He's not better than Lowry or Chalmers, though he is better than your boy Knight.

Soon....
Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2013, 06:06:16 pm »

This year is hands down his worst, he had starter quality stats his first two years, just beeded to fix the efficieny, and he has played with complete trash his entire career, especially this year.  Cannot name one Buck outside Henson and Middleton that are playing well, with a few sprinkles of Giannis.
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2013, 06:07:09 pm »

As for Knight, right now he's averaging 10 points, 4 assists, and 3 turnovers a game on 34% shooting. These numbers are right on par with how he performed in his first 2 seasons so I think it's pretty safe to say he's not a good NBA player.

As for Hill, I haven't seen anyone trash him. He's a solid player and he who's been in the league for 6 seasons and everyone knows what he's capable of. He's not better than Lowry or Chalmers, though he is better than your boy Knight.

I agree, Hill is much better right now than Knight.

But I think its a little too early to say Knight is no good this season, as he is in a new scheme with new coaches, and has only played in 12 games, after being injured.  Also, his rebounding, which is fantastic, is often overlooked.  He's got skills, he just needs time and consistency to see if he can put them together and improve.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 06:09:03 pm »

This year is hands down his worst, he had starter quality stats his first two years, just beeded to fix the efficieny, and he has played with complete trash his entire career, especially this year.  Cannot name one Buck outside Henson and Middleton that are playing well, with a few sprinkles of Giannis.

13 points, 4 assists and just over 2.5 turnovers a game with abysmal efficiency are starter quality stats? You would really want that guy starting for your team? Also, if a guy has to play with good players in order to be good, maybe he's just not very good?

Soon....
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2013, 06:11:02 pm »

Also, his rebounding, which is fantastic, is often overlooked.

What?

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2013, 06:12:27 pm »

This year is hands down his worst, he had starter quality stats his first two years

The problem is he didn't have "starter quality" stats in his first two season, unless the only thing you look for is ppg.  In absolutely everything else (scoring effficiency, assists, turnovers, PER, win shares, Ortg, etc) he was not "starter quality." 

just beeded to fix the efficieny, and he has played with complete trash his entire career, especially this year.  Cannot name one Buck outside Henson and Middleton that are playing well, with a few sprinkles of Giannis.

Good players play on bad teams all the time, and still manage to put up good numbers.  Bad players can play on good teams, and they manage to put up bad numbers. 

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2013, 06:12:43 pm »

What?

Let me say it again, as it was a very simple sentence.

His rebounding, which is fantastic, is often overlooked.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2013, 06:13:29 pm »

I agree, Hill is much better right now than Knight.

But I think its a little too early to say Knight is no good this season, as he is in a new scheme with new coaches, and has only played in 12 games, after being injured.  Also, his rebounding, which is fantastic, is often overlooked.  He's got skills, he just needs time and consistency to see if he can put them together and improve.

His rebounding is fantastic? What? Here is a list of guards over the past 3 seasons that have managed to average 3.3 rebounds a game, which is Knight's career high:

http://bkref.com/tiny/42MnL

Just mull this over for a bit before you post again and maybe reconsider who Brandon Knight is.

Soon....
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2013, 06:14:28 pm »

His rebounding is fantastic? What? Here is a list of guards over the past 3 seasons that have managed to average 3.3 rebounds a game, which is Knight's career high:

http://bkref.com/tiny/42MnL

Just mull this over for a bit before you post again and maybe reconsider who Brandon Knight is.

I was really looking at this season.

But if you want to pull up his college and high school stats too, along with middle school, i would appreciate it.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2013, 06:15:52 pm »

Let me say it again, as it was a very simple sentence.

His rebounding, which is fantastic, is often overlooked.

Well the issue is that requires a very liberal application of the word "fantastic".  I think what you're looking for is "his rebounding is the only thing you can say he hasn't done terribly but he's not particularly good at it"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Jump to: