Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Bucks-Raptors  (Read 7621 times)
Dwagner30
Star

« on: December 10, 2013, 10:32:02 am »

Bucks trade Luke Ridnour and a 2nd round pick top 40 protected

Raptors trade Kyle Lowry

This is assuming the Raptors are not able to net a late 1st round pick for Lowry, which I do not think they will personally, seeing that he could walk at years end.

I am curious to see how Lowry would play in a Larry Drew system, and thought Lowry played decent in his limited stint with Mayo.

Lowry reminds me a lot of what Brandon Knight could turn into as a pro, and would be a good vet to have around, even if it is only for a few months as a rental.  But something tells me that Lowry could latch on under Larry Drew, and assuming the Bucks do not land Smart or Exum, Lowry would be a good PG option for the future.
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:34:03 am »

Bucks decline, they'd rather have CJ Watson.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 10:40:17 am »

I don't want Lowry.  He is averaging about the same things as Knight this season, but is a lot older.  Te one advantage he has over Knight is a higher shooting %, but i expect Knight's will go up as he continues to get used to gameplay after missing time. 

Unless we are getting Lowry to use as a backup long-term, I don't see the need for this trade.

But, the value is fair imo.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 10:43:48 am »

I don't want Lowry.  He is averaging about the same things as Knight this season

lol

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 10:45:14 am »

lol

SORRY, SORRY, HE IS AVERAGING ABOUT THE SAME PER 36 MINUTES.

Whew, crisis averted.
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 10:47:18 am »

I don't want Lowry.  He is averaging about the same things as Knight this season, but is a lot older.

Kyle Lowry is clearly ahead of Knight on offense. Knight can't run a team, he shoots low % and commits more turnovers.

Knight: Per of 11.3, TO% of 20.5, ORtg of 90, TS% of 47.1
Lowry: Per of 17.7, TO% of 15, ORtg of 116, TS% of 56.4

If you think the only advantage Lowry has over Knight is the shooting % you show once again how little you know about basketball.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 10:49:08 am »

I just think the long term effect for Knight being able to play with Lowry on a daily basis would help him grow as a player.

Watching Knight I swear I am watching a young Kyle Lowry, albeit less efficient.
skywalker33
Star

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 10:50:07 am »

Now this IS Masai Ujiri you're dealing with, he'll get your 1st this year, Larry Sander and your 1st-born too out of any Lowry deal    Cheesy

Ridnour and a 2nd for Lowry.....lmao !!  Dream on, that's all you can do in Mil !

"i don't always post in the General NBA section, but when i do, i post something stupid"
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 10:52:04 am »

Now this IS Masai Ujiri you're dealing with, he'll get your 1st this year, Larry Sander and your 1st-born too out of any Lowry deal    Cheesy

Ridnour and a 2nd for Lowry.....lmao !!  Dream on, that's all you can do in Mil !

right...yeah Im sure Dwagner forgot to be stupid when making the trade.  He shouldve thought about the fact that he shouldnt propose a balanced trade, since Ujiri is one of the GMs...   Roll Eyes
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 10:53:02 am »

Kyle Lowry is clearly ahead of Knight on offense. Knight can't run a team, he shoots low % and commits more turnovers.

Knight: Per of 11.3, TO% of 20.5, ORtg of 90, TS% of 47.1
Lowry: Per of 17.7, TO% of 15, ORtg of 116, TS% of 56.4

If you think the only advantage Lowry has over Knight is the shooting % you show once again how little you know about basketball.

right, I forgot about the "cant run a team" statistic.

Maybe part of his problem is trying to do too much, with barely-talented teammates and coming off of an injury, in a new system.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 10:54:04 am »

SORRY, SORRY, HE IS AVERAGING ABOUT THE SAME PER 36 MINUTES.

Whew, crisis averted.

lol

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 11:16:12 am »

right, I forgot about the "cant run a team" statistic.

Maybe part of his problem is trying to do too much, with barely-talented teammates and coming off of an injury, in a new system.

Knight hasn't improved since his rookie season. He's not a good PG. He has a 1.5 ast/TO ratio, it's horrible. He had the same last year and the year before.

Lowry has a 2.9ast/TO ratio, much better than Knight's.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 11:19:46 am »

Knight hasn't improved since his rookie season. He's not a good PG. He has a 1.5 ast/TO ratio, it's horrible. He had the same last year and the year before.

Lowry has a 2.9ast/TO ratio, much better than Knight's.

Im willing to give him a full season as a starter, with a competent coach, to see if he can improve.  I'm not surprised that he hasn't up to this point.
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 11:23:32 am »

Im willing to give him a full season as a starter, with a competent coach, to see if he can improve.  I'm not surprised that he hasn't up to this point.

So you're agreeing with me that Knight hasn't improved since his rookie season, but you think the only thin Lowry has over him is his shooting %?  Roll Eyes

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 11:34:35 am »

So you're agreeing with me that Knight hasn't improved since his rookie season, but you think the only thin Lowry has over him is his shooting %?  Roll Eyes

Yeah, i have had similar arguments with him about Knight.  Ross assumes that just because Knight is young that it all but guarantees Knight will improve.  Ross claims that Detroit had no one to pass to, and that is why Knight dished out about 4.4 assists per 36 minutes over the course of two seasons.

Long story short, ross is an idiot.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up

Jump to: