Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Bucks-Raptors  (Read 7760 times)
skywalker33
Star

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 11:37:42 am »

Long story short, ross is King of the Idiots.

FIFY

"i don't always post in the General NBA section, but when i do, i post something stupid"
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 11:42:54 am »

I have never ever said, and never will say (as madawg knows very well)  that Knight will improve.  But he might, and I don't see the need to sink money into a marginal starter like Lowry instead of a young guy like Knight who still has some potential.

but i love how you guys have all joined in on this troll-date.  so cute  Kiss
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 11:49:47 am »

You have not explicitly said that, but you have heavily insinuated it when talking about Knight. 

You did explicitly say that assist thing, which is really stupid.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 11:55:57 am »

You have not explicitly said that, but you have heavily insinuated it when talking about Knight. 

You did explicitly say that assist thing, which is really stupid.

Yes, I have explicitly said it repeatedly.  but i know, youre a troll and a hater, so u dont read things like that.

What assist thing?  That bc Knight was playing with a bunch of scrub in Detroit, and splitting time between PG and SG, he had a hard time consistently getting assists, or getting them in high numbers?   Yeah, makes sense.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 11:59:38 am »

Yes, I have explicitly said it repeatedly.  but i know, youre a troll and a hater, so u dont read things like that.

What assist thing?  That bc Knight was playing with a bunch of scrub in Detroit, and splitting time between PG and SG, he had a hard time consistently getting assists, or getting them in high numbers?   Yeah, makes sense.

Yeah, that is the stupid thing you have said.  Who Knight plays with has little impact on how many assists he gets.  Plus, Knight's lack of assists was a problem way before Calderon joined the Pistons.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 12:01:31 pm »

Yeah, that is the stupid thing you have said.  Who Knight plays with has little impact on how many assists he gets.  Plus, Knight's lack of assists was a problem way before Calderon joined the Pistons.

You mean when he was 19?

Knight is still young and has the potential to improve.  Unless you blindly hate him, I'm not sure how you can possibly deny that simple statement.
skywalker33
Star

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 12:03:26 pm »

So, Dwagner, you think it is in TOR's interest to trade a starting 27-yr old PG who is averaging 15ppg and 6.5 apg for a 33yr old backup PF averaging 5ppg and 3.5 apg along with a 2nd that isn't even in the top 40 picks Huh

I see why the Bucks would do this, but what value is it to TOR ??  To give Greivis PT ?? I could see that...but they could easily get better value than what you've offered IMO

You proposed this trade, tell me the value in it for TOR....

"i don't always post in the General NBA section, but when i do, i post something stupid"
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 12:06:54 pm »

So, Dwagner, you think it is in TOR's interest to trade a starting 27-yr old PG who is averaging 15ppg and 6.5 apg for a 33yr old backup PF averaging 5ppg and 3.5 apg along with a 2nd that isn't even in the top 40 picks Huh

I see why the Bucks would do this, but what value is it to TOR ??  To give Greivis PT ?? I could see that...but they could easily get better value than what you've offered IMO

You proposed this trade, tell me the value in it for TOR....

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  im hoping that you are completely clueless as to who Ridnour is and instead simply made a "spelling" mistake putting "PF".

The Raptors are trying to sell everything and Lowry has almost no value, as no one needs a decent starter who is past young and doesn't have a high ceiling or a low contract value.   So an expiring vet and a good 2nd round pick is probably about as good as they are going to get for him.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 12:10:46 pm »

You mean when he was 19?

Knight is still young and has the potential to improve.  Unless you blindly hate him, I'm not sure how you can possibly deny that simple statement.

Every young player has the potential to improve, but look back at drafts from 3+ years ago, and tell me how many of them are still in the league.  The fact that Knight has not shown improvement yet is a strong indicator that he will not improve enough to eke out a niche in the league.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 12:12:02 pm »

Every young player has the potential to improve, but look back at drafts from 3+ years ago, and tell me how many of them are still in the league.  The fact that Knight has not shown improvement yet is a strong indicator that he will not improve enough to eke out a niche in the league.

i guess you dont consider "starting PG" to be a niche...

is he playing like a starting PG right now?  barely.  but he is one, so i think he's doing ok in the "finding a niche" department.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 12:13:45 pm »

It is pretty obvious that skywalker meant "PF."  He specifically mentioned Ridnour's apg, which is not what one usually does with PFs.  Rebounds is usually the go-to stat (to accompany points) for PFs.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 12:16:29 pm »

i guess you dont consider "starting PG" to be a niche...

is he playing like a starting PG right now?  barely.  but he is one, so i think he's doing ok in the "finding a niche" department.

Johnny Flynn's niche was "starting PG," until he wasn't one.

Knight is arguably the worst starting PG in the league (only other competition I can think of is Felton).  There are also about 10-15 back-up PGs I would take over Knight.

Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 12:17:15 pm »

It is pretty obvious that skywalker meant "PF."  He specifically mentioned Ridnour's apg, which is not what one usually does with PFs.  Rebounds is usually the go-to stat (to accompany points) for PFs.

huh, thats interesting, cause he also said "backup".  that seems like kinda a lot of assists for a backup PG.  

i love how as i unravel each poor argument, you come back with weaker and weaker material.  But i guess that just shows your blind refusal to accept being wrong ever.
Ross983
All-Star

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 12:18:11 pm »

Johnny Flynn's niche was "starting PG," until he wasn't one.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  there it is!  knew it would be here soon   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  you cant have a Knight-without-Flynn conversation with madawg.
skywalker33
Star

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 12:25:45 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  im hoping that you are completely clueless as to who Ridnour is and instead simply made a "spelling" mistake putting "PF".

The Raptors are trying to sell everything and Lowry has almost no value, as no one needs a decent starter who is past young and doesn't have a high ceiling or a low contract value.   So an expiring vet and a good 2nd round pick is probably about as good as they are going to get for him.

Yes, the F and the G are right next to each other on the keyboard, a simple mistake. You say he has no value, yet he is a starter on a playoff team (as of right now). Also, if he is past young, Ridnour is ancient and over-the hill with no ceiling, and the 2nd is top 40 protected, how is that GOOD ?? Most 2nds after the 40-42 range never make it in the NBA, so that is really nothing of value for a starting PG who would be an upgrade for the Bucks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up

Jump to: