Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulls frontrunners to sign Augustin?  (Read 6476 times)
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« on: December 10, 2013, 05:44:12 pm »

Chicago is a strong frontrunner to sign D.J Augustin, league sources told Yahoo. After Toronto release, clears waivers Wednesday at 5 pm.

Didn't even know he hit waivers but i'll welcome him with open arms over Marquis Teague.  Former top 10 pick that has certainly fallen out of favor the last couple seasons, but he really isn't being looked at as more than a role player at this point.   If he can come off the bench and provide some points, i'd be more than happy.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:48:48 am »

Just say no Chicago!
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 05:56:31 am »

He has to be better then Teague.
shooter63
Undrafted

Respect: +3

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 09:44:27 am »
+1

He was promising at the beginning of his career, but has since falled off a cliff ala Johnny Flynn. When I saw him with the Pacers he looked awful. I'd rather have Marquis and Mike James.

Marquis was playing well at the end of last year and then he is put in mothballs with Rose back.

It would be nice to judge this team and Marquis with Butler and now Deng back in the line up.

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:43:34 pm »

It's offish, Augustin signs with da bullz

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 01:46:29 am »

Is this just because James is out?
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 08:12:25 am »
+1

Well none of our guards are any good(anyone see Hinrich just dribble around last night?  Shoot the ball!!) so adding someone into the mix isn't too surprising.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 12:20:20 am »

It makes sense I guess. Maybe he will find his form from a few years go under Thibs.
Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

I troll so hard that *** cray

Respect: +917

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 03:56:54 am »
+1

He can penetrate, dish and shoot a bit, can't he? Maybe the Pacers system wasn't suited to him. I like the signing.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 10:38:43 am »
+1

Yeah tough to say exactly what happened but he looked decent in Charlotte.  Not a starter but I always thought he'd be a good shooter off the bench.

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 10:46:55 pm »
+1

In the 12 minutes played, i already like Augustin more than Teague. Once he gets comfortable i think he has a chance to be a solid piece off the bench.

The first thing i noticed was his play in the pick and roll.  Two times him and Naz were at the top the key and both times he did a really nice job of reading the defenders and making the right pass.  The 2nd one was nice as he had to dribble penetrate to the rim to draw the D yet he still was able to split the defenders and feed Naz the ball.

The one thing i didn't really like was his Hinrich-esque dribble baseline, underneath the basket and continuing on the to other corner.  Never understood why they don't at least try some sort of reverse layup  or shot attempt, must be afraid of getting their sh*t blocked.  Oh well, if he can ever display some range he'll be solid.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 03:32:13 am »

In the 12 minutes played, i already like Augustin more than Teague. Once he gets comfortable i think he has a chance to be a solid piece off the bench.

The first thing i noticed was his play in the pick and roll.  Two times him and Naz were at the top the key and both times he did a really nice job of reading the defenders and making the right pass.  The 2nd one was nice as he had to dribble penetrate to the rim to draw the D yet he still was able to split the defenders and feed Naz the ball.

The one thing i didn't really like was his Hinrich-esque dribble baseline, underneath the basket and continuing on the to other corner.  Never understood why they don't at least try some sort of reverse layup  or shot attempt, must be afraid of getting their sh*t blocked.  Oh well, if he can ever display some range he'll be solid.

He did that all of the time in Charlotte, it will get on your nerves, it's like he is looking for someone to get open to pass to but it never develops..
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 08:51:32 am »
+1

He did that all of the time in Charlotte, it will get on your nerves, it's like he is looking for someone to get open to pass to but it never develops..

Yeah it's easily one of my pet peeves in point guards.  I thought Augustin would be more aggressive in that regard, but it looks like he isn't very aggressive attacking the rim or shooting in traffic.

dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 11:09:13 pm »
+1

Yeah it's easily one of my pet peeves in point guards.  I thought Augustin would be more aggressive in that regard, but it looks like he isn't very aggressive attacking the rim or shooting in traffic.
I agree, it annoys the *** out of me most of the time. I agree that they seem to be looking for something to develop but it never does. It's hard to blame them 100% though since our off-the-ball players tend to just stand around quite frequently instead of attacking or trying to get an open look (another huge pet peeve of mine).
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 01:21:54 am »

It always worked for a younger Steve Nash but other than that I always though it just looked dumb.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: