Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 76ers at Toronto  (Read 2636 times)
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« on: December 13, 2013, 11:23:42 am »

A game the Raptors should win. It will be interesting to see what Ujiri does to keep pace in lottery positioning for Wiggins. Winning does not help.

The Lowry trade to New York seems off. Dolan thinks Ujiri picked his pocket in the Carmelo trade and doesn't want it to happen again.

ESPN's game preview:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=400489204

has this to say about new guard Vasquez:

"Vasquez and Salmons may find themselves in much more prominent roles after averaging 9.8 and 5.8 points with the Kings this season.

"Casey, though, thinks their contributions will go beyond scoring.

"Where he helps, and also where John helps, is giving us another ball handler," he said. "It gives us another ball handler who can run pick and rolls, that can handle the basketball. Our transition offense should be a little bit better, as far as the ball getting up the floor. Both John and he are good pick-and-roll defenders, so it helps us a lot of ways."

Lowry seems to be less in Casey's plans even without a trade. Imagine a Toronto guard who can run a pick and roll!

I am looking forward to this one.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 01:39:33 pm »

Imagine a Toronto guard who can run a pick and roll!

Why do you keep talking about this?  It just makes it clear that you either don't watch the Raptors play or that you have no idea what you're seeing when you do.

Lowry has a tendency to hunt for his own on the pick-and-roll, and to do so at a hyperactive pace. If defenses give him a tiny slice of space to launch an off-the-dribble 3 early in the shot clock, Lowry's launching it. And when Lowry drives, he often does so at turbo speed, and on a direct north-south path to the rim. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Lowry makes a lot of those off-the-dribble 3's, and he's been one of the league’s 15 most efficient pick-and-roll ball handlers for two straight seasons, per Synergy Sports.

It's obvious that Lowry doesn't play the way you would prefer him to play it, but your aesthetic preferences have nothing to do with whether or not he's a good basketball player.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:42:34 pm by xduckshoex » Logged

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
dcenate05050
Starter

Respect: +152

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 04:20:16 pm »

Salmons can help them tank. That's about it ha
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 04:30:03 pm »

Great tank matchup here...

Hopefully Raptors find a way to lose one.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 04:52:32 pm »

Raptors win this one. Easily.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
Stephen67
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 05:54:41 pm »

Why do you keep talking about this?  It just makes it clear that you either don't watch the Raptors play or that you have no idea what you're seeing when you do.

It's obvious that Lowry doesn't play the way you would prefer him to play it, but your aesthetic preferences have nothing to do with whether or not he's a good basketball player.

Ducky, if you do not like my posts, my suggestion to you is to not read them.

Trading for Lowry was a bad move by Collangelo. Lowry does not make his team and his team mates better. Which is the most important function of a point guard.

Lowry has some basketball talent, and he has a manageable contract. That is why I am not advocating trading him. I just want him playing another position.

Ducky, I know me writing that opinion bothers you, so again, I suggest that you do not read my posts.

But it seems that Ujiri wants to move Lowry, and the Nets might take him, so the Lowry story in Toronto seems to be coming to a close.
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 06:26:56 pm »

Lmao, Ducky. Cheesy.

Lowry is a sickk player. He is surrounded by a bunch of players who can't do *** if the ball is in their hands. Lebron James wouldn't be able to turn this team around.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 07:23:22 pm »

Ducky, if you do not like my posts, my suggestion to you is to not read them.

Trading for Lowry was a bad move by Collangelo. Lowry does not make his team and his team mates better. Which is the most important function of a point guard.

Lowry has some basketball talent, and he has a manageable contract. That is why I am not advocating trading him. I just want him playing another position.

Ducky, I know me writing that opinion bothers you, so again, I suggest that you do not read my posts.

But it seems that Ujiri wants to move Lowry, and the Nets might take him, so the Lowry story in Toronto seems to be coming to a close.

"If you don't like me repeatedly saying things that are untrue then just don't pay attention to me saying them."

Or how about you just stop saying things that are untrue?

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 08:34:54 pm »

What a game by Ross, I really think he's legit starting material in the NBA.

Stephen67
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 08:36:24 pm »

Excellent outing by the Raptors! Very enjoyable to watch.

DeRozan and Ross showed how good they can be. Most participants in this forum have dumped on them quite a lot. But these two draft choices confirm my argument that this is how to build a contender.

Val had another great outing. Another draft choice.

Johnson was fabulous. Really spreads the defence with his threes. Not a draft choice, but a trade and a very reasonable contract!

Lowry had a lot of assists. He seemed to keep up with his overcharged teammates and got them the ball.

Vasquez had a decent initial outing and scored 12 points.

Did anyone notice that, in the fourth, Lowry played the 2 with Vasquez on the point for a few minutes?

A good match up against Chicago is next. It the Raptors win that, Ujiri may have to forget about the Wiggins lottery!
Stephen67
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 08:41:09 pm »

Or how about you just stop saying things that are untrue?

Ducky, ducky, ducky...

Opinions are not "true" or "untrue". You may disagree with my opinions. You may want to post a counter argument. But that is debate. Which is what this forum is for.

Examples of what is true or untrue are assertions of fact.

Like, Lowry scored 4 points tonight. That can be checked as true, or false.

or

Vasquez scored 12 points. Again that can be checked as true, or false.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 09:06:22 pm »

Ducky, ducky, ducky...

Opinions are not "true" or "untrue".

No, that's not actually the case.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 09:07:45 pm »

Like, Lowry scored 4 points tonight. That can be checked as true, or false.

or

Vasquez scored 12 points. Again that can be checked as true, or false.

And Vasquez had 2 assists and 4 turnovers while "can't make his teammates better" Lowry had 11 assists and 1 turnover.  And the Raptors were +21 with Lowry and -16 with Vasquez.  That can be checked as true, or false.

dcenate05050
Starter

Respect: +152

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 12:16:31 am »

I thought Vasquez did fine in his 1st game.. An efficient offensive night. I'd take him over Lowry any day for my team. He'll grow with the team and pick up it up as games go.

Time to trade Lowry.
Lithuania_HD
Starter

Respect: +161

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 06:18:36 am »

I would love if we could keep Lowry, hes been very good for us, stability at point is always the issue for Raptors and hes been 1 of our key cogs ever since acquired.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: