Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 76ers at Toronto  (Read 2635 times)
thetreesarenice
Starter

Respect: +48

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 08:40:20 am »

I couldn't help but laugh at the miserable faces of Patrick Patterson and John Salmons. Patterson straight up looked pissed off. These guys don't want to be in Toronto.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 09:46:28 am »

I couldn't help but laugh at the miserable faces of Patrick Patterson and John Salmons. Patterson straight up looked pissed off. These guys don't want to be in Toronto.

Are they supposed to be jumping for joy? It's not that they don't want to be in Toronto, I just don't know how you want players to react. They're handling themselves professionally. What else do you want them to do?

Because Sacramento is just all that better than toronto? As a city and as a team, toronto >>>>>> Sacramento. The Kings are a mess who were almost sold this past summer. Raptor fans tend to over analyze these stupid things.

What's next? ...

THIS GUY WASNT SMILING THAT MEANS HE WANTS TO BE TRADED.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:41:53 am by MoGrady » Logged

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 01:07:57 pm »

I'd be pissed too.....so *** COLD!

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 01:30:40 pm »

I thought Patterson gave great minutes. Looked energized and quick out there.
17Medcoy
Journeyman

Respect: +6

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 01:40:18 pm »

I know Vasquez had negative impact compared to Kyle on the game but I liked the fact that he tried to get Amir and jv touches on the run and as well as in pick and roll.  All those errant passes will be spot on when the team gets to know the new players.  Pat, I agree looks like he's trying hard.  Salmons gets a "meh" for me.  He just seemed to have no impact on the game.  I hope that t hansbrough minutes don't drastically drop with the new guys in town.  I just like his energy off the bench
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 03:05:27 pm »

Patrick Patterson was the player I said I was most excited to see in this deal, and that still remains, I really think he can become a large part of our defense.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 03:41:50 pm »

I thought Patterson gave great minutes. Looked energized and quick out there.

Yeah, Patterson seemed more upset about his shots not going in than anything else.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 03:47:25 pm »

As for Lowry, there are reasons to move him but none of them have anything to do with the quality of his play, which has been great.  He's an expiring contract who is not likely to stick around, he's not really able to control his intensity which leads to clashes with the coaching staff  and even if he would stick around the Raptors could use the cap space more than they can use a really good point guard at this point.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Yuri Gagarin
Star

Respect: +169

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 03:59:54 pm »

Salmons in his welcome to Toronto interview did look unhappy or blase at least. Not surprising since he turned the team down before. Oh well he can take his money and leave soon.

Patterson in his interview seemed like a positive guy and hard worker. Wanted to lead by example with his work ethic - the type of player the org wants/needs.

People of Earth, we have come to blow your mind.
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2013, 05:12:03 pm »

We have expression experts up in hurr.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
dcenate05050
Starter

Respect: +152

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, 05:48:43 pm »

Chill guys. That's Salmons normal look.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »

Was at this game, 13 rows up behind the net the Raptors started on. Really enjoyed it, great atmosphere, not as big a crowd as I'd expect for a Friday night, but then again it was Raptors vs Sixers. Patterson and Vasquez both did some quality stuff and both did some sloppy stuff, nothing to bat an eye at though because they'll both need to get acclimated to the team. Salmons looks slow, old, and out of shape and I hope they don't plan on playing him too much.

Ross and Derozan both played great, seemed to be feeding off each other and basically trading big buckets. Val and Johnson were excellent as well. I guess the remedy for any ailment is to get on your home court and play a team giving Tony Wroten, Hollis Thompson, and Brandon Davies minutes.

As an aside, with MCW injured, Thaddeus Young is the best player the Sixers have, hands down. He was a problem on the glass in the late stages of the game when Philly was attempting to mount a comeback. Seems like he brings a lot of energy to every game.

Soon....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: