Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OKC - PHI  (Read 741 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: December 13, 2013, 08:56:21 pm »

Thunder trade Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb, and the future Dallas 1st round pick (protected for selections 1-20 in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 or unprotected in 2018)

76ers trade Spencer Hawes and Jason Richardson

I think this would make the Thunder the absolute favorite for the title; I don't know how you guard them if they have Hawes spacing the floor at the 5. Hawes would be a massive upgrade overall over Perkings. I would also say Richardson is an upgrade over Lamb, especially come playoff time.

76ers continue to gain future assets, Lamb as a decent prospect and the future pick. They are getting saddled with the Perkins contract, but really who were they going to sign this offseason? They can just suck for another season, and have a nice size expiring contract for next season.
knightofdreamz
Star

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 09:02:47 pm »

I think the Thunder would rather keep Lamb over Adams if they are landing a big man like Hawes.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:13:08 pm »

lolololololololol

dcenate05050
Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 12:43:31 am »

This got to be a joke right. Plus you cant trade your pick in consecutive years.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 12:56:24 am »

This got to be a joke right. Plus you cant trade your pick in consecutive years.

They are trading only one pick, it is protcted in those years.

Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 08:26:54 am »

This is clearly overvaluing Spencer Hawes.

But if the Thunder truly feel he is the missing cog, I could see them pulling the switch.

This equates to the return they got for Harden, which is not much.
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 12:51:54 pm »

For those of you that don't realize how well Spencer Hawes is playing...

Through 22 games...

32.5 mpg
15.3 ppg
50 FG%
44 3FG% (attempting 4 per game by the way)
75 FT%
9.2 rpg
3.1 apg
1.7 bpg

18.9 PER

And oh by the way he is only 25 years old.
Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 02:17:22 pm »

For those of you that don't realize how well Spencer Hawes is playing...

Through 22 games...

32.5 mpg
15.3 ppg
50 FG%
44 3FG% (attempting 4 per game by the way)
75 FT%
9.2 rpg
3.1 apg
1.7 bpg

18.9 PER

And oh by the way he is only 25 years old.

That is putting too much weight into one season.  Sure he is 25 yrs old, so you get a good amount of time from him yet, but he has been in the league awhile, and a focal point of the offense.

Hawes has always been a decent offensive player, but he is what he is at this point, while Lamb is going to continue to improve, or at least should.

Like I said, if the Thunder really think this helps, they will do it, but I personally think they are giving away value here.  Personally, I see them needing a more ready perimeter player, but by years end I see Lamb being this player anyways.  If he does not improve in the given situation, I would see the team making a smaller move, for someone like a Gary Neal, Shannon Brown, or another veteran who has been on a winning team before that should perform regardless of role.

Getting rid of Perkins will require trading Lamb, a pick, or other combination of youth.  So the base is right, I just see it as being equal if it was Perkins and Lamb for Hawes and Richardson, without adding the 1st, because Richardson is as much, if not more of a negative as Perkins.
knightofdreamz
Star

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 06:14:46 pm »

That is putting too much weight into one season.  Sure he is 25 yrs old, so you get a good amount of time from him yet, but he has been in the league awhile, and a focal point of the offense.

I dont think it is.
We have seen an upward progression of ability and skill with Hawes over the years. We've seen him work his way up to the numbers he is currently doing. This really shouldbt be a surprise to anyone, he was a top 10 pick for a reason and there is no reason for any of us to think he will not reach at least 18-10. The only time we have seen inconsistent numbers with Hawes was his first year with the 6ers. Of course we can mention his second year, but he was injured 20 games into the season or whatever, so not a good measurement tool. But, even last year the guy put up 11-9 at 48% in 27 minutes. This year is the only year ive seen the 6ers actually use him as an option. Last season they didnt do it at all, most of his points came off rebounds and put backs.

Dwagner30
Star

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 06:27:58 pm »

I dont think it is.
We have seen an upward progression of ability and skill with Hawes over the years. We've seen him work his way up to the numbers he is currently doing. This really shouldbt be a surprise to anyone, he was a top 10 pick for a reason and there is no reason for any of us to think he will not reach at least 18-10. The only time we have seen inconsistent numbers with Hawes was his first year with the 6ers. Of course we can mention his second year, but he was injured 20 games into the season or whatever, so not a good measurement tool. But, even last year the guy put up 11-9 at 48% in 27 minutes. This year is the only year ive seen the 6ers actually use him as an option. Last season they didnt do it at all, most of his points came off rebounds and put backs.

Do not get me wrong, he is playing a lot better without a doubt.  I just do not see equal value in this deal, unless the Thunder are dead set on dumping Perkins, and really think their weakness a floor stretcher. 

I can see this move happening as I said, I just do not think Hawes is worth that much.  Hawes reminds me a ton of Brad Miller, with slightly better distance on his shot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: