Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting Ball Movement Fact Since Gay Trade  (Read 2788 times)
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« on: December 15, 2013, 04:48:26 pm »

I was just reading on NBA.com, many of you know we are dead last in the NBA in assists per game with 18.3, now since the Rudy Gay trade the Raptors have recorded three games of 23 assists, 25 assists, and 26 assists. This goes to show how one player can really be a detriment to the entire team.

I also like Turtles.

epi_Rapz
Undrafted

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 05:39:36 pm »

Not to mention, these last 4 games since Rudy has been gone, Derozan's assists have been: 5 assists, 7 assists, 6 assists, 4 assists. All more than his season average and all AFTER becoming the number 1 guy on this team. I love that Derozan was smart enough to realize that in taking on this new role, he would have to get his teammates involved and set them up, rather than use this as an opportunity to take all the shots he wants and not pass. I really hope Ujiri's plans for the future doesn't involve trading this guy.
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 11:44:40 pm »

I was just reading on NBA.com, many of you know we are dead last in the NBA in assists per game with 18.3, now since the Rudy Gay trade the Raptors have recorded three games of 23 assists, 25 assists, and 26 assists. This goes to show how one player can really be a detriment to the entire team.

I also like Turtles.

Which one was the interesting ball movement fact that you were talking about?

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 12:59:14 am »

Really came as a shock...Not.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 03:07:35 pm »

rudy has really played well in the 2 games with Sacramento as well. He has only shot 50 percent once with our team this season and has started both games in Sacramento shooting 50 percent and 66 percent.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 04:13:14 pm »

There is actually a fair well-documented history of players performing better than usual immediately after a trade and then regressing to the mean afterward.  I'm guessing that's what we'll see with Gay.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 04:19:48 pm »

"Black Hole" Gay was a much, much bigger problem than I ever realized. I thought his contract was the biggest problem.

I blamed Lowry for the low assist numbers and the inadequate ball movement.

Ujiri is a miracle worker for making this trade. I am glad to read that Gay is doing well in Sacramento, so GM's in the league can believe making a trade with Ujiri can be a win-win!

It does not seem much of a stretch to see DeRozen picked to the all star squad. Val growing into the best center in the league and Johnson continuing to develop into a really tough guy to guard and a double-double performer.

Ross is showing stuff we did not know he had. I look forward to it continuing.

Being a Raptor fan is fun again.
dcenate05050
Starter

Respect: +152

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 06:22:55 pm »

Not shocking. This trade helped both teams get better.
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 08:48:34 pm »

Not shocking. This trade helped both teams get better.

Gay pulled a stinker in Charlotte tonight.

Let's hope the Bobcats are a bit overconfident tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: