Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Mirotic  (Read 18265 times)
dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 01:16:12 am »
+1

Sac beat Portland today. They might as well just send the pick over now.
I'll take it!
Fitz
Journeyman

Respect: +9

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 03:10:14 pm »

The Bulls aren't going to pick any higher than 7th or 8th in this draft unless Thibs is fired for trying too hard. They would have to get rid of at least 2 of Noah/Boozer/Taj/Butler and get absolutely no actual NBA talent in return, fill the roster with minimum salary guys and play them 30 minutes a night. Wait...they're already pretty much doing that with Augustin and he's playing pretty well...sh*t.

Obviously if they manage to get 3 (or even if they only get 2) picks in the top half or so of this draft they are pretty set...probably pick up a wing scorer, backup center, and either another shooter or a PG who can play alongside Rose at times. Plus they will have cap space hopefully for a FA if Boozer is gone.

Then we have...if Mirotic:
Rose/rookie/Teague/Augustin (if either of them are still around)
FA (Lance Stephenson?) or rookie/Snell
Butler/Dunleavy
Taj/Mirotic (I think Taj will get the starting nod right away at least)
Noah/rookie

Or if no Mirotic:
Rose/rookie/etc.
FA or rookie/Snell
Butler/Dunleavy
FA (Monroe?)/Taj
Noah/rookie

*I admittedly don't watch much college basketball so I don't know who those rookies would be. But they most likely won't be Wiggins/Parker/Randle/et al.

Hopefully they can get at least one starting caliber (even if they aren't starting right away) wing scorer out of the draft. They have been able to find quality players in the late first round with the possible exception of Teague (jury still out on Snell obviously), hopefully they can do so in the early/middle first. If they play their cards right in the draft...this team could be dirty with or without Mirotic next year. And even without fully tanking this year (which again...they won't do as long as Thibs is coach).

Of course all of lies lies in the assumption that Rose returns as at least a very good player, which I wouldn't doubt considering the second injury was only a meniscus and Russell Westbrook looked just fine coming back from the same injury. The ACL didn't hurt his ability that much judging from the preseason, though I think that looked so good because he was going full tilt and opposing defenses...perhaps not so much. Because it was preseason.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 03:23:28 pm »

The Bulls aren't going to pick any higher than 7th or 8th in this draft unless Thibs is fired for trying too hard. They would have to get rid of at least 2 of Noah/Boozer/Taj/Butler and get absolutely no actual NBA talent in return, fill the roster with minimum salary guys and play them 30 minutes a night. Wait...they're already pretty much doing that with Augustin and he's playing pretty well...sh*t.

Obviously if they manage to get 3 (or even if they only get 2) picks in the top half or so of this draft they are pretty set...probably pick up a wing scorer, backup center, and either another shooter or a PG who can play alongside Rose at times. Plus they will have cap space hopefully for a FA if Boozer is gone.

Then we have...if Mirotic:
Rose/rookie/Teague/Augustin (if either of them are still around)
FA (Lance Stephenson?) or rookie/Snell
Butler/Dunleavy
Taj/Mirotic (I think Taj will get the starting nod right away at least)
Noah/rookie

Or if no Mirotic:
Rose/rookie/etc.
FA or rookie/Snell
Butler/Dunleavy
FA (Monroe?)/Taj
Noah/rookie

*I admittedly don't watch much college basketball so I don't know who those rookies would be. But they most likely won't be Wiggins/Parker/Randle/et al.

Hopefully they can get at least one starting caliber (even if they aren't starting right away) wing scorer out of the draft. They have been able to find quality players in the late first round with the possible exception of Teague (jury still out on Snell obviously), hopefully they can do so in the early/middle first. If they play their cards right in the draft...this team could be dirty with or without Mirotic next year. And even without fully tanking this year (which again...they won't do as long as Thibs is coach).

Of course all of lies lies in the assumption that Rose returns as at least a very good player, which I wouldn't doubt considering the second injury was only a meniscus and Russell Westbrook looked just fine coming back from the same injury. The ACL didn't hurt his ability that much judging from the preseason, though I think that looked so good because he was going full tilt and opposing defenses...perhaps not so much. Because it was preseason.
I agree with everything you said except the bolded part. If they traded Noah and got nothing of substance in return, the team would be an absolute disaster. That would be the final straw, especially for Thibs.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 03:28:58 am »

I'll take it!

The Bulls are going to get mad picks.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 02:03:28 pm »
+1

On a more realistic note for where we will likely end up...

I would really like if the Bulls drafted the Grant brothers (Jerami from 'Cuse and Jerian from ND). These kids are really solid imo and have strong bloodlines (Harvy Grant is their dad and our good ol' boy Horace is their uncle).
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 03:13:48 pm »

Bulls are going to continue to drop salaries and develop young players. I doubt they trade Noah for anyone. Al though I do like Joel Embiid .. he has POTENTIAL. lol.

How about Dunleavy to the Rockets for Brewer and Brooks ?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pzjxt2n

Bulls got a 2mil traded player exception from Deng trade. So the above trade would wipe Dun's salary off this year and next and the (TPE) will cover the returning salaries from the Rockets this season and keep Brewer for next year at just over a mil ..
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:15:59 pm by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 01:30:27 am »

I just can't see the Bulls not hanging in the playoff picture as long as Thibs is there and the East is so bad.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 03:50:00 am »
+1

Well, if they miss the playoffs, they are almost guaranteed a top 10 pick since the east is so weak. As of now, the East's 8th seed has a .400 win percentage which is pathetic. The only teams in the west that are worse than that up to now are the Lakers, Kings, and Jazz. So even if they do end up staying in/close to the picture, they will still have a good pick.

As far as the east goes, I think the top 5 teams right now in the standings (Pacers, Heat, Hawks, Raptors, Wizards) will all make the playoffs. The Bulls are in a bubble with the Bobcats, Nets, Pistons, Knicks, Cavs, and probably Celtics when Rondo comes back as teams that could end up with those final 3 spots. I fully expect the Knicks (if Chandler and Melo stay healthy) to take one of those spots, and I also expect the Cavs to take one of the bottom spots now. I think the only teams that I don't see having much of a chance at all are the 76ers, Magic, and Bucks. There really is just a big blob of sub-par to mediocrity in the middle of the east right now though that could go any way. Hopefully the Bulls make some more moves or Noah's plantar fasciitis kicks in so he can't play every night and we can jump into that bottom group. I'm going to be really *** upset if we sneak into the playoffs. I don't see it happening, but it'd be the worst thing this team could do
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2014, 12:40:48 am »

Well, if they miss the playoffs, they are almost guaranteed a top 10 pick since the east is so weak. As of now, the East's 8th seed has a .400 win percentage which is pathetic. The only teams in the west that are worse than that up to now are the Lakers, Kings, and Jazz. So even if they do end up staying in/close to the picture, they will still have a good pick.

As far as the east goes, I think the top 5 teams right now in the standings (Pacers, Heat, Hawks, Raptors, Wizards) will all make the playoffs. The Bulls are in a bubble with the Bobcats, Nets, Pistons, Knicks, Cavs, and probably Celtics when Rondo comes back as teams that could end up with those final 3 spots. I fully expect the Knicks (if Chandler and Melo stay healthy) to take one of those spots, and I also expect the Cavs to take one of the bottom spots now. I think the only teams that I don't see having much of a chance at all are the 76ers, Magic, and Bucks. There really is just a big blob of sub-par to mediocrity in the middle of the east right now though that could go any way. Hopefully the Bulls make some more moves or Noah's plantar fasciitis kicks in so he can't play every night and we can jump into that bottom group. I'm going to be really *** upset if we sneak into the playoffs. I don't see it happening, but it'd be the worst thing this team could do

I think the Nets will also be in. So that would leave Cavs and Bulls for the 8th or last spot.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 07:38:48 pm »
+1

Missing the playoffs on paper looks better, but the Bulls could pull off a miracle...lmao.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2014, 03:45:30 am »

Forget about the Cavs unless they pull off a move because they are just bad.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2014, 05:46:21 am »
+1

Forget about the Cavs unless they pull off a move because they are just bad.

There was talk in the news about time tables on Deng trade. Like if it wasn't done before a certain date they A: couldnt waive Bynum but also they spoke about players being retraded? I can't believe the Cavs really believe they can keep Deng beyond this year. So if its possible they should move Deng as an expiring for a player with years left of deal, to a team wanting to cut salary.
BullsNoah
Undrafted

Respect: +23

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 07:39:53 am »
+1

I hope this guy was worth the wait. I hope he's not just cashing in. This will be one of the biggest surprises of our franchise come 2015.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 08:10:58 am »
+1

There has been talk now of Kevin Love wanting out of Minnesota as well. The Mirotic situation is difficult b/c there is no way to gauge his skill level as of yet. He has only played in a select number of games against NBA preseason rosters.  Kevin Love however is a legit NBA star and get get you 20 & 10 or better ever night. So Mirotic would have to be better then that for me to keep his rights.

There is a lot about him not wanting to leave his life in Spain and position with Europe's hottest team Real Madrid. So 2015 seems logical. however, I would not be surprised the date moved to 2016 or even 2017. Then his value as a trade chip drops considerably. My money would be packaging The rights to Mirotic, The Bobcats pick (currently #14) & Jimmy Butler for Love this summer and amnestying Boozer. The Bulls will still have cap room and another draft pick this year, and still a chance to luck out with the Kings pick.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2014, 01:38:31 am »

I hope this guy was worth the wait. I hope he's not just cashing in. This will be one of the biggest surprises of our franchise come 2015.

I think he is def worth the wait.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Jump to: