Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wolves' Plan Of Attack Needs To Be....  (Read 1134 times)
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« on: June 29, 2007, 02:25:31 am »

If they can't trade Kevin Garnett...

I believe everyone with knowledge of this situation knows that if the Wolves keep Garnett something needs to happen to the roster to make Garnett not feel like a stooge for backing the organization for so long. His trade value is ridiculously high, amazingly to be honest. If not for Steve Belkin vs. every knowledgable front office associate for the Atlanta Hawks the Wolves would have received two picks and possibly Kurt Thomas. Atta way to burn the bridge McHale. And good call on Chris Richard. :roll:

1. Trade a bad contact (Jaric, Hudson, Hassell, Blount) with a good contract of Rashad McCants. And get back a troubled but ubber-talented individual in return. Plain and simple terms... Ron Artest for Rashad McCants and Troy Hudson. Sacramento needs talent and a back-up point guard with range. Enough said.

2. If you can't pull off something along those lines as far as going really good with really bad charecters, you need to shake up the roster further than acquiring Juwan Howard. I know their are plenty of free agents out there looking to get a 3-5 year deal even at the mid-level exception (Grant Hill, Ruben Patterson, James Posey, Mikki Moore, Morris Peterson, Terance Kinsey). No, I don't believe any of these players are impact players; but if coupled together with the acquisition of a dynamic playmaker like Monta Ellis and Jerry Stackhouse.

3. They need to start playing Garnett at center. They have Craig Smith's big body to partner with him to play against the big bruisers. The team is just plain too weak at center to keep playing him elsewhere. They also just drafted Chris Richard which kind of makes me think they are headed in this direction. If they decide to go this way, trade Hassell. He serves with no benefit if we decide to go in this direction. He does have benefit in some systems, just not this one. They still need to get someone who can play along side KG like Mikki Moore and James Posey.

RIP Madawg
Kassad2pac
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:01:35 am »

I agree with you , but i think that Minnesota would keep McCants, when we see the Free Agency , some names are important : Gerald Wallace , he is strong , very athletic and he can help the Team if Garnett Plays center,Brewer has his same playing style.Chauncey Billups but I don't think he would like to go in a losing team .

Then , for the Bad Contracts , of course we have to trade some players . For me , Jaric and Hassel are not so useful for the Team so we have to trade them but i guess no teams would like to have players like that so the Wolves will have to add some good contract ( Then McCants appears ).

Let's see what Kevin McHale is gonna do.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 04:20:15 am »

Quote from: "Kassad2pac"
I agree with you , but i think that Minnesota would keep McCants, when we see the Free Agency , some names are important : Gerald Wallace , he is strong , very athletic and he can help the Team if Garnett Plays center,Brewer has his same playing style.Chauncey Billups but I don't think he would like to go in a losing team .

Then , for the Bad Contracts , of course we have to trade some players . For me , Jaric and Hassel are not so useful for the Team so we have to trade them but i guess no teams would like to have players like that so the Wolves will have to add some good contract ( Then McCants appears ).

Let's see what Kevin McHale is gonna do.

Those first scenarios are impossible to happen. The Wolves don't have the tradeable pieces to make those deals go, unless they want to include Randy Foye. Not to mention, they don't have the cap room to make it go under the collective bargaining agreement which is why I threw out some of the names willing to play for the mid-level exceptions. Morris Peterson, Tarence Kinsey, James Posey, and Mikki Moore are clearly the better pieces for the Wolves to go after that are logical. If Gerald Wallace wants to come to the Wolves, I would be the first to order my "make-it-yourself" jersey with the #3 and "Wallace" on the back.

RIP Madawg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: