Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello Wiggins?  (Read 25813 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 01:19:26 am »

The team is not looking that bad lately (except the Kings debacle) but they did play the Blazers close in Portland. I do see Waiters getting moved but I wonder what they want in return?
dcenate05050
Starter

Respect: +152

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 09:30:40 pm »

Treadmill city.. Sounds like the Bucks
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 01:25:19 am »

Not if they get LeBron back.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 10:05:22 am »

Treadmill city.. Sounds like the Bucks

lol I feel ya buddy

LET'S GO HEAT.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 03:52:53 am »

I wouldn't say as bad as the Bucks case. Cool
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 07:03:07 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

HELLO

LET'S GO HEAT.
UDontKnowMe
Journeyman

Respect: +41

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 12:44:51 pm »

Plz no Wiggins. Canadians are gross and Embiid can be one of the best bigs of our lifetime. Cavs would be dumb not to take him.
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 04:57:18 am »

Plz no Wiggins. Canadians are gross and Embiid can be one of the best bigs of our lifetime. Cavs would be dumb not to take him.

Yeah unless that back problem is really bad, from what I understand Embiid is definitely going #1

LET'S GO HEAT.
MSchmidt
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 08:45:29 pm »

The team is not looking that bad lately (except the Kings debacle) but they did play the Blazers close in Portland. I do see Waiters getting moved but I wonder what they want in return?
I could definitely see one of Waiters or Thompson moved. It's weird and most people will laugh at this, but David Griffin and scouts in and outside Cleveland truly believe that Kyrie and Dion can play together. I am not all in with that mindset, but it's out there. The major cause for issues cited is that the frustration of losing is taking a toll on the young guys. For all the crap Mike Brown got, he was absolutely right when he continuously lobbied for veteran help. That was the motivation behind the Deng trade. Didn't work the way they hoped, but Brown knew he was hung out to dry to an extent with a playoff mandate and a young team.
My personal opinion is that they will take Embiid (assuming the back is good and Gilbert signs off) in an attempt to sell LeBron on Kyrie, Embiid, and cap/roster flexibility, two things Miami lacked. A point guard and a legit center. Embiid would obviously not be dominate right away and most likely spell Andy for the last year of his deal. Andy and Bron are still pretty close as well. Do I think this will work? Nope, but if LeBron is actually going to entertain outside options, it's not terrible. I do think Waiters has some upside that is waiting to burst out. When he is in attack mode you can really see it in his game. I don't see the Love thing at all. I would still take Wiggins or Parker with the first pick.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:49:30 pm by MSchmidt » Logged
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 04:21:53 pm »

I could definitely see one of Waiters or Thompson moved. It's weird and most people will laugh at this, but David Griffin and scouts in and outside Cleveland truly believe that Kyrie and Dion can play together. I am not all in with that mindset, but it's out there. The major cause for issues cited is that the frustration of losing is taking a toll on the young guys. For all the crap Mike Brown got, he was absolutely right when he continuously lobbied for veteran help. That was the motivation behind the Deng trade. Didn't work the way they hoped, but Brown knew he was hung out to dry to an extent with a playoff mandate and a young team.
My personal opinion is that they will take Embiid (assuming the back is good and Gilbert signs off) in an attempt to sell LeBron on Kyrie, Embiid, and cap/roster flexibility, two things Miami lacked. A point guard and a legit center. Embiid would obviously not be dominate right away and most likely spell Andy for the last year of his deal. Andy and Bron are still pretty close as well. Do I think this will work? Nope, but if LeBron is actually going to entertain outside options, it's not terrible. I do think Waiters has some upside that is waiting to burst out. When he is in attack mode you can really see it in his game. I don't see the Love thing at all. I would still take Wiggins or Parker with the first pick.

Deng didn't work out becuase there was no saving that team last year with Brown as the coach. Deng even said the whole team was in absolute chaos, no control, everything in shambles. That all starts with Brown.

Do you still say Embiid after the foot injury?
MSchmidt
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 06:31:56 pm »

Deng didn't work out becuase there was no saving that team last year with Brown as the coach. Deng even said the whole team was in absolute chaos, no control, everything in shambles. That all starts with Brown.

Do you still say Embiid after the foot injury?
Agree with all of that about Deng and the team as a whole. I was just mentioning that Brown, despite his flaws was correct in asking management for more veterans.

Figures after my return from a long hiatus here and make a prediction, sh*t hits the fan! The foot injury will definitely be a big factor. How can it not be? They drafted Bennett with a shoulder injury last year and got very little production. When there are a couple other high end talents on the board you have to move on when all three can fill a need of some sort. I don't think either is a bad pick and both can definitely help the team. It comes down to roster makeup for me and I think Wiggins is the better fit, the better defender, and the higher upside player. Parker is further along as a player, better offensively right now, and the better leader to this point. It's really take your pick. I go with Wiggins, personally. I think the Cavs are torn on the two and Embiid kind of made life easier in that regard. Plus, his workout for the team checked all of their proverbial boxes. Depending on which local source you read here, you will get two different answers on who the Cavs like more. I think instant defense and upside win out.

The reason I mention roster makeup is because Bennett is a 3/4 tweener and some people view Parker in that regard, especially on defense. There are also questions with him maintaining his playing weight in the off-season, so he may not be a 3 forever. I'm not sure I buy all of that yet, but it's out there. Wiggins, we know will play wing and can step in on both ends and fill that role. I think that makes it easier to build a flexible roster going forward and keeps options open for Bennett to fill a role on the team as well.
UDontKnowMe
Journeyman

Respect: +41

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 06:26:43 pm »

Another gross Canuck. No play-offs this year. Should have taken Parker.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: