Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacers at Raptors  (Read 2249 times)
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« on: January 01, 2014, 06:05:46 pm »

Just how good is this team?

The Raptors beat OKC and Dallas. So I am certainly open to thinking that the Raptors can beat the best. And Indiana may be the very best in the NBA.

If the Raptors can do well in the pair against Indiana and the game against Miami, Ujiri can forget draft picks and focus on signing some contract extensions!
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 08:20:52 pm »

We got this.

Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 08:30:13 pm »

Holy, B E L I E V E, Batman.

This team clearly does. The ball goes around so nice. Every Raptor believes in every other Raptor.

Now at .500 we can think how high they can go. Too early to think the Raptors are an elite team, but 50 wins may be attainable.

The Zebras are showing respect on the marginal calls. This is huge.

I never saw this coming. I am sure that no one did. But now, I  B E L I E V E  !

This is fun.
Juby
Undrafted

Monkey arms (6'4 wingspan, barely 5'10, yup)

Respect: +4

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 08:58:33 pm »

this awesome eastern winning streak has cost us one thing though, we were one of the few teams in the east that didn't just crawl into the fetal positions when we played Western Conference teams (sorry for the nerdy long post, It'd be to hard to read quick if I didn't line by line it):
IND: 18-4 V 7-2 - A bit worse
MIA: 15-6 V 9-1 - Dominant
ATL: 12-8 V 6-6 - Worse
TOR: 10-8 V 5-7 - Worse
WAS: 12-8 V 2-7 - Horse ***
CHA: 12-10 V 2-8 - Horse ***
DET: 13-9 V 1-10 - The opposite of Dominant
BOS: 10-11 V 3-7 - A step up from horse ***
CHI: 10-10 V 2-8 - Horse ***
CLE: 7-16 V 3-5 - A little better in fewer games
ORL: 8-11 V 2-10 - Horse ***
BKL: 6-13 V 4-8 - Who cares
PHI: 7-11 V 2-10 - Horse ***
NYN: 9-12 V 0-9 - *shakes head*
MIL: 6-18 V 1-6 - Usually the last place team does well considering their record is so terrible to begin with, Milwaukee are proving quite exceptional in their mediocrity.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:01:21 pm by Juby » Logged

Nepeta Cataria counseling me recently:
go to the top of a tall building you know and throw yourself off
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 09:18:38 pm »

I feel Ross can be something in the future. Good win, fellas Smiley

LET'S GO HEAT.
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 09:47:00 pm »

Thanks Skip.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 10:00:13 pm »

The only things really holding the Raptors back right now are lazy perimeter defense from Derozan and Ross and questionable decision making on offense from Derozan.  Derozan tries to cheat too many screens and invariably ends up getting caught out of position by smarter players and Ross just goes under almost constantly regardless of who he's defending.  

Their interior defense and offense are really good and their point guard play has been great even with Vasquez being really inconsistent, all they need is consistent and active wings to be a really good team.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:11:05 pm by xduckshoex » Logged

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 11:11:16 pm »

Gotta agree with the lazy D by Derozan but I think Ross is still trying to learn the game, I've seen him fight over screens to cover guys like George but then get lazy against a lesser player and get burned for it. Just needs to maintain his intensity throughout a game.
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 10:24:00 am »

The only things really holding the Raptors back right now are lazy perimeter defense from Derozan and Ross and questionable decision making on offense from Derozan.  Derozan tries to cheat too many screens and invariably ends up getting caught out of position by smarter players and Ross just goes under almost constantly regardless of who he's defending.  

Their interior defense and offense are really good and their point guard play has been great even with Vasquez being really inconsistent, all they need is consistent and active wings to be a really good team.

I actually think Terrence Ross' defense has improved by leaps and bounds compared to last year.  He is already a better perimeter defender than DeRozan.  The only thing you could say about him is of course he needs to add strength to fight through those screens so he isn't constantly going under the screens leaving good shooters wide open.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 11:29:57 am »

He has improved but he was so bad last year that's not saying much.  It's kind of like Andre Drummond becoming a 50% free throw shooter sometime in the future; yeah it's an improvement but it's nowhere near where he should be.  And I think perception of his defense is kind of boosted by the fact that he's getting a chance to make up for it on the other end and is taking advantage of it for the most part, it's easier to forget his breakdowns when you have threes and dunks taking up space in your memory.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 02:34:50 pm »

Ross stinks at defending. Many times, he will lose his position on defense. Not a smart defender but I could see him improving. Will take a while. He mimics Derozan on defense.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: