Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wizard fan, new to site  (Read 2616 times)
tsbarbee2006
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: July 24, 2006, 12:34:44 pm »

wassup my fellow wiz fans.... looks rather dry in here but thats alright. I'd rather have a few dedicated diehard wiz fans than a bunch of bandwagon, dont know wat their talkin about fans.

Anyway, i just wanted to get u guys opinions on what would be ur ideal Wiz starting lineup..barring injury, wat lineup do you think would be our best. i know that was a big question mark last year, partly injuries and partly players not playing to their potential. Here's mine:

C- Brendan Haywood(because we dont have anyone else, though Ramos looks impressive in the summer league but he isnt ready)

PF- Jared Jeffries(assuming he comes back, i dont know if anythings official)

SF- Antawn Jamison

SG- Caron Butler

PG- Gilbert Arenas

In a couple of years, assuming Donnell Taylor gets better, i would love to see him in the starting lineup as the point and we could slide Gilbert over to the 2... Taylor just has to get more games under his belt, but i believe he can do it
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 02:58:12 pm »

That's probably the de facto starting line-up.  I don't see Taylor getting more playing time over Daniels and Hayes (I guess he's listed as a point guard, I don't remember watching him play all that much last season).  Also for that line-up to work out they have resign Jefferies, although I've only heard of some token interest in him for the most part.

I also wanted to point out that the Wizards aren't really a bandwagon kind of team, the Clippers are more of trendy team to follow than the former Bullets.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
tsbarbee2006
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 11:08:35 am »

I also wanted to point out that the Wizards aren't really a bandwagon kind of team, the Clippers are more of trendy team to follow than the former Bullets

lol, thats probably true

I was also thinking about a possible Phoenix Suns type lineup, smaller and quicker players.. I know Jordan is big on defense so he probably wont go with this, but i think we could be successul like that, and it helps that we have great depth.. this could be the lineup:

C- Jared Jeffries
PF- Antawn Jamison
SF- Caron Butler
SG- Antonio Daniels
PG- Gilbert Arenas

I know you guys will be scratching your heads at Jeffries playing center but he's a pretty good defender and he could play it against todays centers. But, we may have to switch to the traditional lineup against Miami lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: