Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Raptors visit the Heat  (Read 2385 times)
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« on: January 05, 2014, 04:06:36 pm »

The Heat can be beat.

The Raptors have beaten the Pacers and the Thunder.

Can they rise iup and and pull another big upset. If so, beating the top teams will not be considered upsets any longer. I don't think that the Raptor players think of any team as better than themselves.

Keeping Lebron in check is job one. I would take the offence to him and try to get him in foul trouble.

Lowry and Val seem to have the best offensive matchups, and Amir should  be good with Bosh.

Key is to keep passing the ball, and getting back and playing the tough defence that they have shown for the last dozen games.

I am looking forward to this one!
Stephen67
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 05:42:02 pm »

Tied at 29 after one.

DeRozan gets 10 in first quarter.

That kind of performance gets you to the all-star game.
Stephen67
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 06:11:35 pm »

Down a point at the half.

DeRozan has 18!

Zebras not fully respecting the Raptors.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 06:20:06 pm »

Patterson is looking good out there.

Would love to see a 20-10 game from him.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »

If any Raptors makes the all-star game it really should be Lowry.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Stephen67
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 06:52:43 pm »

After three, Raps are up by five.

Get Ross another basket, and all five starters are double digit scorers.

This is fun!
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 07:00:37 pm »

So Vasquez is pretty bad.  He's just too slow and too poor a shooter to be a reliable NBA guard.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Stephen67
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 07:32:46 pm »

Holy, ALMOST, Batman.

Can't criticize Casey going with a short rotation. It was a strategy call. But the Raptors did get tired in the last quarter. Hansbrough was missed.

The Heat started with a run in the fourth with Val on the bench. Maybe playing the Beast all out would have been a better strategy. I am not trying to Monday morning quarterback. I think Casey has shown he is an asset and not a liability. But fans have a right to express their thoughts.

Perhaps this team is now at the elite level. Need some more good play to establish that, but they seem well an track to win something like 50 games.

They need more respect from the Zebras. In close games that is the difference.
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 08:33:51 pm »

Damn, they almost had this one.
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 11:53:43 am »

What a painful loss to watch. Val really annoyed me this game with his turnovers and lack of rebounds.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 12:10:34 pm »

The Heat were too fast for Jonas, he wasn't comfortable out there at all.  He'd catch the ball and it seemed like he would decide on a course of action and then stop before he executed it because he was worried about Lebron and Wade lurking in his blind spots.

17Medcoy
Journeyman

Respect: +6

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 04:51:38 pm »

The Heat were too fast for Jonas, he wasn't comfortable out there at all.  He'd catch the ball and it seemed like he would decide on a course of action and then stop before he executed it because he was worried about Lebron and Wade lurking in his blind spots.

Agreed.  It also showed how good Amir is in the offense, pick n roll, and the defense, especially on lebron.  The tandem of jv and Amir looks real good to me.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 05:00:16 pm »

Amir and Patterson look really good too, they're not big but they're both so quick that they consistently shut down pick and roll actions.

The Raptors success really depends on how long Lowry can keep playing at this all-star level.

17Medcoy
Journeyman

Respect: +6

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 05:15:55 pm »

How much is Lowry gonna cost at the end of the year?  Is he pricing himself out of the raptors price range.  The last thing I wanna see is the team handicapping themselves with an overpriced player.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 05:33:26 pm »

Well the good thing for that is most teams are set at PG, I doubt there will be any teams offering more than the MLE to him.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: