Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulls' Post-Spinal Tap Care For Deng Made Good Faith Extension Talks Difficult  (Read 1671 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« on: January 07, 2014, 04:09:13 am »

Luol Deng became a two-time All-Star for the Chicago Bulls under Tom Thibodeau.

But the relationship between the Bulls and Deng began to go awry due to health issues.

The Bulls issued the spinal tap to test for viral meningitis, and sources at the time indicated Deng complained of his post-procedure care, which featured unfamiliar doctors, no visits from team personnel and the lack of a private hospital room.

Deng’s representatives met with Bulls management last offseason to discuss their concerns over these issues and that became problematic as the sides moved on to discuss an extension.

The gap between Chicago's offer, reportedly $30 million for three years according to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski, and Deng's wish for something similar to Josh Smith's $14 million per season, was too wide for real talks to even begin.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231395/Bulls-Post-Spinal-Tap-Care-For-Luol-Deng-Made-Good-Faith-Extension-Talks-Difficult
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 04:35:56 am »
+1

I do believe he was very sick, but when he blamed the Bulls for a botch spinal tap I knew he was as good as gone. And here is an article about the 16 million I told you guys about and was doubted...I'm just saying.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/01/07/bulls-cavaliers-trade-andrew-bynum-luol-deng/4351601/

Deng was seeking $15-$16 million per season, a person familiar with extension talks told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because negotiations for the contract extension were supposed to remain confidential.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:37:59 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 09:51:28 am »
+1

Yeah for as good as Luol was to Chicago, he had no intentions of any sort of discount.  From the sounds of it, he rather get payed than stay here so that's why I think the trade eventually happened.  Not often a team has a money saving trade available and the Bulls took full advantage.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 03:04:50 am »

It is sad to see him go, I see him testing FA for sure now whether the Cavs get LeBron back or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: