Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: State of the Raptors Nation 2014-01-07  (Read 1964 times)
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« on: January 07, 2014, 06:04:37 pm »

What a difference a month makes.

I still can't understand how Rudy Gay could have had such a negative impact. But he did. He is gone. And the Raptors are winners!

Just how good the Raptors are, is still an open question. But they have had some pretty impressive wins. Dallas, OKC and Indiana are the most notable.

They need to get proper respect from the zebras. That will come.

I will repeat what I have posted a few times:

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

There are no rumours about Raptor trades right now.  Ujiri has worked a couple of miracles and now is the time to see what the current cast and coach Casey can do.

My idea of a point guard is Steve Nash or John Stockton. Kevin Lowry is nothing like these guys. But he works very, very well with the Raptors. Great defence and great shooting. He may not be a great play maker, but every Raptor on the floor is a play maker. Their passing is fantastic.

Amir may be the most underrated player in the league. Boards, defence and a few threes.

Ross is getting better every game. His D is fine and getting better. He is getting a great sense of when to shoot and when to pass.

Val continues to grow into his role as “The Beast”. Still has some learning to do. But oh, so much fun to watch.

DeRozan will be picked for the all star game. Some posters here are a bit negative on him. His D might be better. But he will be the Raptor's leading scorer for a number of years to come. And he will add 5-6 assists every game.

The four from Sacramento have given the Raptor's some great depth. Ujiri has to think about contract offers for these guys.

And for a contract. I would offer Lowry $9 million for three years. If you can sign your best players for less that $10 million you are doing a great job and have great flexibility.

Yuri Gagarin
Star

Respect: +169

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:31:29 pm »

I hope the wheels don't fall off. They look good. There was a short on Amir posted here and one of the players said the team chemistry was really good. I think that goes a long way for any sport, any workplace even.

People of Earth, we have come to blow your mind.
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:53:27 pm »

I hope the wheels don't fall off. They look good. There was a short on Amir posted here and one of the players said the team chemistry was really good. I think that goes a long way for any sport, any workplace even.

Chemistry is HUGE.

None of it when Gay was here. The Raptors are awash in it now.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 08:33:55 pm »

Has anyone looked at our schedule?

Holy Cow, with the upcoming schedule we easily could win about 6 games in a row, come on Raptors, don't let me down.

Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 08:35:19 pm »

I take that back, we could potentially win our next 9 games.

Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 11:31:53 am »

I take that back, we could potentially win our next 9 games.
5 or 6 of those are games they've gotta take if they are serious about the playoffs.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 11:52:09 am »

with horford out, do you guys think we're the third best team in the East now? I thought maybe Washington is up there too. Chicago too, but it remains to be soon how they'll do after the trade.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 04:17:33 pm »

with horford out, do you guys think we're the third best team in the East now? I thought maybe Washington is up there too. Chicago too, but it remains to be soon how they'll do after the trade.

Nah, I personally think Chicago is finished, they're going tank nation.

If they get a high draft pick and Rose can comeback somewhat healthy, it'll be worth it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: