Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Johnny Manziel - NFL (this is not about his announcement)  (Read 1573 times)
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

Respect: +238

« on: January 09, 2014, 01:59:32 am »

If I'm any of  these 4 teams, I'm desperately trying to trade for the #2-4 pick in the NFL Draft so I can draft Johnny Manziel. Before I continue, I'd like to say that I think Teddy Bridgewater is hands down the best QB in the draft. Blake Bortles is also a solid prospect (reminds me a lot of Big Ben with his toughness), will probably be the 2nd QB taken, but in the right system, Johnny Manziel would rise to be an elite QB.

A few systems Manziel would BEAST in:

Top 4:
     1. Chiefs (gonna be difficult)
     2. Dallas (also difficult-hear me out on my eventual explantion)
     3. San Diego (Also hear me out)
     4. Tampa Bay

Other CLE options: KEEP HIM, SPEND ALL YOUR $ ON BRANDON ALBERT, ALEX MACK, trade SIGN INCOGNITO

That's in no particular order.

The reason I say this, these 4 teams need to draft Johnny Manziel. I've been watching football since Manning was at Tennessee (too young to remember details because I was too *** young), but Manziel imo mimics Manning before the snap. He reads defense better than any top QB prospect in the past few drafts (other than Luck). He's more elusive than RGIII and faster than Russell Wilson. The reason I listed those teams above is strictly because those teams have the best offensive lines in the NFL. Most teams have playmakers on the outside, but having a great offensive line would allow Manziel to improvise the way he did at A&M. Obviously he's not going to have near the time, but he's def "football" smart enough to adapt to the speed of the game.

Alex Smith is a good QB, but add an QB who's more athletic, better when reading the D, throws a better ball, and doesn't blow a 28 point lead into the mix and the Chiefs could become a legit Super Bowl contender in 2-3 years.
Trade: Texans - 1st overall pick, 5th round pick, 2015 4th round  Chiefs: Alex Smith, KC 1st 2014, KC 2nd 2014, KC 1st 2015 KC, KC 5th 2014, KC 3rd 2015

Dallas: Tony Romo the majority of the time, is a great QB. However, Dallas can't seem to win when it counts the most. I'm not saying it's time to trade Romo, but I do think it's time to find his eventual replacement. While most 'heirs' to the throne are drafted in the 2-4 rounds (Osweiler, Mallett, STANTON?), it's time for Dallas to charge the game. Surprisingly with how pathetic Dallas is, they actually had a good O-line which would also allow J FOOTBALL to do his thing. Sitting behind Romo, then trading Romo, could almost be worth it, especially considering how poor Dallas drafts.

San Diego: Whisenhunt's gone - trade Rivers, K Allen and a 2nd for a a Browns 1st, Josh Gordon and a 6th

Tampa Bay: Sell high on Glennon. Trade Glennon, the #7 pick to the Jags for the the #2 pick, Justin Blackmon, a 2014 3rd and a 2015 2nd.

If any of those teams grab Johnny F, they will win a Super Bowl within 4 years. Anyone else 7 (anyone but the Jags)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:07:38 am by buddy holly » Logged

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 08:04:06 am »
+2

hahaha why the hell would Jacksonville trade their best receiver and the #2 pick (which they could just use to draft Manziel) for Mike Glennon?

Soon....
Perd Hapley
Starter

Respect: +951

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 09:24:20 am »

San Diego: Whisenhunt's gone - trade Rivers, K Allen and a 2nd for a a Browns 1st, Josh Gordon and a 6th

StumptheSlob
MVP

Respect: +1230

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 09:28:53 am »
+1

I wanna believe this is a troll post but you clearly took some time to write this out

GO NEW YORK, GO NEW YORK, GO!
"The girls danced, started fondling me, I got aroused, they performed oral sex. I hung around a little bit and talked to them, then I left." - Patrick Ewing
"If people don't consider me a good player, they're stupid." - Danilo Gallinari
Perd Hapley
Starter

Respect: +951

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 09:35:38 am »
+1

Alex Smith is a good QB, but add an QB who's more athletic, better when reading the D, throws a better ball, and doesn't blow a 28 point lead into the mix and the Chiefs could become a legit Super Bowl contender in 2-3 years.
Trade: Texans - 1st overall pick, 5th round pick, 2015 4th round  Chiefs: Alex Smith, KC 1st 2014, KC 2nd 2014, KC 1st 2015 KC, KC 5th 2014, KC 3rd 2015
*** passes for 378 yds 4 TDs 0 INTs ***
*** 8 carries for 57 yds rushing ***
*** "add an QB who's more athletic, better when reading the D, throws a better ball, and doesn't blow a 28 point lead" ***
*** Kansas City loses its star running back, 2nd string RB, best corner, and star pass rusher to injury ***
*** Defense gives up 45 pts and doesn't bother to cover TY Hilton***
*** (implies Smith isn't athletic and was the reason Kansas City blew huge lead) ***
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 09:43:05 am »

Yeah none of those destinations make any sense.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 01:22:11 am »

Him to the Browns just spells disaster.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: